Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

151 - 175 of 752 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Margarita T V

Jul 9, 2020

I really enjoy this course, was very clear and well organized. The lectures were interesting not boring at all and I really like the part of Tina’s story and the interview with the wise Aboriginal man.

Thanks a lot. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Ruchira J

May 1, 2020

Excellent, Amazing learning Experience. The Course covers most of the topic and is well structured. The assignments evoke thinking in students . Gained lot more knowledge around the world of Mental health and Positive Psychiatry.

By Dino J

Aug 3, 2020

In this course, I explore completely different aspects of excellent psychological state additionally as offer a summary of the main types of mental disorders, their causes, treatments, and the way to hunt facilitate and support

By SONJA V K

Dec 27, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much on modern approaches to treating and supporting people with mental health issues. It has been a real eye opener. Also I found the course very organized and professional.

By Olga B

Aug 26, 2020

I'm really grateful to the University of Sydney for making this amazing course. It changed my attitude towards anxiety and I acquired new healthy habits. Thanks to all professors who participated in the making of the course!

By Nicole H

Apr 27, 2020

I found this class very informative. Very helpful in my professional and personal environments. I feel some of the assignments were a little heavily graded. However, it just made me work harder. I would recommend this class.

By Alicia B

Mar 7, 2021

Me gustó mucho el curso, me resultó muy didáctico. Los académicos que participaron de muy buen nivel. Se abordaron los trastornos mentales y la salud mental desde muchos puntos de vista. Muy completo, estoy muy agradecida.

By Ismailzada I

Feb 24, 2021

This was a fantasctic journey! Thank you Coursera, Postive Psychiatry and Mental Health team and to all the people that involved in this course. I learned so much valuable information along the way. Hope it is not the end.

By Irma V

The course is supported by clear and well done videos. All the teachers in the videos are very professional and experts in their field. The theory I was taught is very useful and it added value to my personal development.

By Mohammed A

Oct 31, 2019

Excellent knowledge and content, opened up a whole new way of learning and experience for me to be pursued.

Following my passion of fitness personal training now I am excited to learn more about mental health and wellness !

By Liceth M C D

Jun 23, 2020

Este es un curso que es totalmente adecuado para el fortalecimiento de conceptos sobre la psicología en general y la salud mental, aborda temáticas enriquecedoras, que sirven para la psicoeducacion sobre la salud mental.

By Anna G

May 5, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, it was well presented, accessible and engaging. I feel better equipped to understand and help manage a more positive work and living environment for myself, my family and my colleagues.

By Bassante M A S

Apr 10, 2020

I personally found this course very rich and up to date; I totally recommend it as it offers new ways to deal with mental health and wellbeing and has opened my eyes to fields I would love to explore more as a physician.

By Awshanay C

Jun 18, 2020

Great course that gives you a good general foundation on common and less common mental illnesses. The course teaches treatment and medication options as well as self-care techniques to deal with daily stress factors.

By Kateryna Z

Apr 25, 2020

I am completely satisfied with the course - its scope, topics,lectures, experts. A lot of additional material and sources are available for those who study the Course. Thanks to the University of Sydney and Coursera.

By Merella M M

Aug 29, 2020

Brilliant eye opener to bring awareness and knowledge about how susceptible anyone can be to Mental Health issues, and the importance + need of Positive psychiatry and Wellbeing in the path of Mental health recovery

By Peter V

Oct 28, 2019

This has been a highly informative course that afforded me valued insight and experience that will benefit me in future growth within my practice.

Thank you for your professionalism and integrity.

Kind regards

Pete

By Candase A

Apr 29, 2021

This course has sparked so much excitement in my life and has surely made more aware and knowlegeable of things that I am dealing with mentally. I am now able deal with these issues and even help someone in need.

By Elenore Q

Apr 2, 2021

This course is fantastic, it has a clear overview of each element to mental health and I have leaned really practical information about how to improve my life and the lives of others around me. Highly recommend

By Vilma O

Jan 16, 2021

I loved this course! I updated my knowledge about mental health. I can truly say that my practice as community mental health worker and counsellor will be better because of the skills I learned.

Thanks so much!!

By Anette I

Oct 2, 2020

This course is super amazing! They helped me to understand more about mental health and giving me the new perspective --the positive one. I would definitely using this information throughout my life. Thank you!

By Glarmina P

Aug 15, 2020

Wonderful course with excellent modules compiled meaningfully to reach positive mental health for the learners.Essential readings are excellent to gain more understanding regarding psychiatry and mental health.

By Kaniz F A

Jan 17, 2021

This course is really helpful for human being. I'm so lucky to be a part of it. I'm thankful to my advisor, teachers and fellow classmates. I'm grateful and thankful to Allah for giving me such an opportunity.

By Chris L

Jan 27, 2021

Excellent course. very impressed by the quality of the lecturers and the course material. I learnt a great deal about mental health, in particular, all the modern and alternative therapies that are available.

By Adithi P S

Nov 28, 2020

Firstly i would thank Coursera to have such an amazing course and secondly thanking the professors in this coursera. Not only i learnt the basics of this course but also was able to implement to my own life.