Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

251 - 275 of 604 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Benita A

Oct 22, 2018

The information was very useful at this time of life and I have leant so much from the professors who taught this course.

By Michael M

Oct 8, 2020

Truly excellent overview of the multiple dimensions of mental health and psychiatry. I'm really happy that I took this.

By Madhumitha A

Jul 27, 2020

it was useful about learning this course which we want to know the fact that we face in our daily life and its recovery.

By Nishesh A

Jun 17, 2020

This is one of the best mental health related online course. Highly recommended for everyone who is into mental health.

By Edisson I R P

May 8, 2020

Thanks for everything learned, we can only apply it in our lives to find emotional stability and positive mental health

By NGUYEN H T D

i think everyone should learn this course even though you didnt work in this field. it can help your mental health.

By Christian D L P H

Jul 6, 2019

Teachers and Lectures are so awesome, it helps to improve and think the mental health from a different perspective.

By Maria J K

Jan 7, 2020

It is an amazing course that gives many insights into everyday life. This will surely help you lead a better life.

By Christine P

Dec 22, 2019

Very well presented and structured. Enjoyable, easy and learning focused assessments

Very useful for my job.

Thanks

By Anna

Jul 6, 2020

It was wonderful experience for me. I got so much knowledge and insights! Thank you very much for this course!!!

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you very much!!! Really beautiful! I am a psychologist and I want to specialize in art therapy!

All LOVE!!!

By Shu-Ee W

May 22, 2020

Very informative course! Would definitely recommend to those who are interested in mental health and psychiatry.

By Balaji A

Apr 5, 2020

All the video lectures were very awesome.

The assessment methods and MCQs in between lectures were highlights.

By Vijaykumar S H

Sep 28, 2020

Awesome Course those who are passionate to learn about positive psychology and importance of mental health!!!

By Susan H

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this course immensely. I can use this information for family members who have mental health issues.

By Mohamed Z

Jun 27, 2020

Very Knowledgeable course. I never felt bored, the course just gets interesting as it proceeds every second.

By Alejandro A L P

Aug 1, 2020

Excelente forma de explicar varias temáticas acerca de la Psiquiatría Positiva y la visión de Australia :)

By Lindsey W

Jul 18, 2020

Extremely thorough and knowledgeable material, professors and great concepts! Loved this course so much...

By Bruna P

Nov 21, 2019

Very Interesting course!! The layout Is easy to follow and the assignments are relevant. Would recommend!!

By Valeria E M S

Oct 11, 2020

Esta muy padre , pero parece ser que muchos estudiantes no se toman enserio el chequeo de los exercises.

By Mabel I B

Aug 16, 2020

Excelente curso. Muy buen material. Me ayudó mucho a aproximarme al trabajo con personas con trastornos.

By Dr. A S

Jun 15, 2020

It was an amazing and enhacing experience all together for me. Thank you for such an informative course.

By Amanda d F B

Aug 7, 2020

Acredito que esse curso seja útil para todas as pessoas! Não apenas da área de atuação em saúde mental.

By Amy S M

Sep 23, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course and found it beneficial both personally and professionally. Thank you!

By Marta K

Dec 20, 2019

it is a good course, but too much is unhealthy - we have generalization and everyone is different :-)