Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB

Feb 06, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

151 - 175 of 418 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Danielle

It's a verygood and informative course that not only provides an understanding of others but also understanding of self as well as flourishing

By GERARDO R E P

Jul 21, 2020

This course is one of the most enjoyable and enjoyable that I have studied. I enjoyed it so much that I will see it again on a good occasion.

By Rashmi A B

Apr 05, 2020

This course is really beneficial. I learned so many things which will be required in my daily routine. Thank you so much to all instructors.

By Johnathon P

Jan 13, 2020

Very useful and informative information, well prepared and concise videos, good link to further learning options (books, papers, resources)

By Anna L P L A

May 13, 2020

Easy to follow and very informative course. It has presented new perspectives and I gained insights about myself and the people around me.

By Agnes K S

May 08, 2020

The course was very content-rich and enlightening, the resources were also extremely helpful in anchoring the concepts. Thank you so much!

By Sneha S

Nov 23, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and I learned many new things. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the subject.

By Wesley S

Oct 09, 2019

This has been a great introduction to Positive Psychology and Psychiatry, and has left me curious to learn more in this area. Thank you!

By Madhumita C

May 23, 2020

Very enriching experience and a very well structured course, encompassing all possible components that are integral to mental wellbeing.

By Tina M

Apr 27, 2018

This course is great, easy access and great information delivered in a perfect way that made it interesting to learn. Thank you so much.

By Ali T

Jun 19, 2020

It was an amazing 5-week course which could help everyone in their everyday life. Thanks a million for providing such a helpful course!

By Archana J

Jul 24, 2020

Course is beautifully designed containing syllabus of all the aspects of mental health and the measures can be taken to deal with it.

By Semenova K

Jun 05, 2020

Fantastic course! Very interesting, useful and informative. Thank you, Coursera, for such a great opportunity to learn something new!

By Momen W I

Feb 03, 2020

Great course,materials,instructors and great effort.

i would like to thank everyone how contributed to this great work,thank you all !

By Kaveri N

Feb 16, 2018

very knowledgeable instructors.. In depth information on the course.. Versions from depression survivors an eye opener.. Great course

By RAHUL M

Jun 12, 2020

As i was in the way of anxiety trigger, glad i choose this course helped me to understand fully a person struggle during hard times.

By Brianne W

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent, excellent course. Loved the variety of lectures, peer graded assignments, readings, and personal experience interviews.

By saima a

Mar 18, 2020

I am so glad after complete this course.very informative and intresting.l ill definitely do more courses in future.thanks coursera

By Heiyam K D

Jun 18, 2020

This course style of giving reading material and video lecture is very helpful to me and very effective in gaining my knowledge.

By KRUPA K

Apr 26, 2020

i have enjoyed alot pursuing this course . I have learnt alot from this course. It also gave me a perspective of my future goals!

By Sneka P

Jul 31, 2020

This course helped me to learn more about mental health and its importance in every perspect. I really enjoyed doing this cpurce

By Jeelu S B

This was a great learning experience. all the study material, AV aids were all simple to understand and convey the aspects well.

By Kezia P

Jun 24, 2020

I loved how informative this course was. The professors were also very good the reading material was really helpful. Thank you!

By KRUSCH P A

Jun 15, 2020

Truly one of the best course in Positive Psychiatry available....and great efforts by the University of Sydney....and teachers.