Back to Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health by The University of Sydney

In today’s world, mental illness and distress are common and these account for a significant burden of disability within our community. At the same time, there is a growing interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and wellbeing; particularly from developments in the fields of positive psychology and mental health promotion. Positive Psychiatry is a new term (Jeste et al 2016) that describes a dual approach to mental health, where we build strengths, supports and healthy lifestyles as well as treating illness and distress. In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery. We take an evidence-based approach to a range of strategies that anyone can use to enhance their own mental health and that of others, from exercise and relaxation techniques through to the role of love, relationships and 'good' types of work. We cover topics from creativity and yoga through to psychiatric medications and psychotherapies....

PP
Jul 17, 2020

Excellent course specially in current scenario i.e. Covid 19 situation. This course helped me to understand not only my mental conditions but also my near and dear ones mental health and conditions.

JB
Feb 5, 2019

I learned what expected to learn from this course. I love the presenters and the manner of delivery. Resources abound too. I'm purchasing this course. I hope to meet you, guys in persons. Thank you.

426 - 450 of 845 Reviews for Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health

By Samaja D

Jul 26, 2020

This course was really helpful for me to develop skills to acquire better mental health

By Ataina J

Jul 16, 2020

Thank You all for all your hard work putting this all together! God bless all of you!!!

By Jennifer R

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent course! Well planned and presented with clear, concise and relevant concepts.

By Oscar R

Jul 28, 2020

Such a wonderful experience that has change the view I see the life in a positive way!

By Natalia T O

Dec 5, 2020

Un curso muy iluminador. Me sentí muy satisfecha con los recursos que aporta el curso

By Shamna n

Nov 21, 2020

This course really helpful to my career and good classes and teachers. Thanks for all

By Ingrid P B

Oct 23, 2020

Excelente curso, excelente material y link de lecturas excelentes... recomendado 100%

By Afaf S A

Jul 15, 2020

It’s the best course I’ve had in my life . I so interesting with all lectures. Thanks

By Agrima V

Jun 15, 2020

it is honestly one of the most interesting and knowledgeable courses about psychology

By DR. R A A

Oct 2, 2020

I've learned the positive contributions of positive psychiatry to our lives. Thanks.

By Aastha M

Apr 29, 2020

IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. HIghly recommended!! THANKYOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU :)

By Pamela W

Mar 10, 2020

Very interesting material. Was very useful to me in understanding my own conditions.

By MOHAMED M P

Jul 31, 2020

A Very good insight to the subject and one of the best presentations of the subject

By Kosha G

May 14, 2018

great start for anyone wanting to learn about mental illnesses from the very roots.

By Alexandria P

It is helpful and gives very good resources that can help you in your own recovery

By Marissa Y H

Feb 7, 2020

Awesome course and I've learned a lot about positive mental health and psychiatry.

By Amanda M

Mar 9, 2021

I thought the course was very informational and I liked the informational videos.

By Dayana A L c

Jun 17, 2020

Excelente curso me fascina su contenido sus conferencias todo lo recomiendo mucho

By Fatima

Jul 5, 2021

it was perfect and well informing course for modern full-of-mental-problems life

By Konstantinos P

Feb 16, 2021

interesting, if you want to gather some general information about mental health!

By Durgaprasad

Oct 8, 2020

Great course..Enjoyed a lot with best experience. Thank you so much to everyone.

By Lilian T

Aug 27, 2020

Excelente curso, muy muy diverso, me encantó, aprendí y aclaré muchos conceptos.

By Assel B

May 13, 2020

One of the best courses on mental health.! Definitely recommend it to everybody.

By Claire D

Apr 14, 2020

Learned a lot of new skills and knowledge that I can apply in the working field!

By Jekaterina

Jul 8, 2019

I found this course interesting and learned a lot of this subject. Thank you. ;)