Back to Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions by University of Pennsylvania

Positive interventions are one of the building blocks for the application of positive psychology in our day-to-day lives. In this course taught by Dr. James Pawelski, we explore positive interventions through theory, research and practice. We provide learners the basic tools for using and measuring positive psychology in professional or personal contexts. Suggested prerequisite: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science....

LX

Apr 17, 2020

A comprehensive introductory view of validated positive interventions in positive psychology, adopting a hands-on approach in assignments to allow all participants to engage in the practices timely.

JS

Jul 19, 2019

Excellent course. It builds up in the first basic course. Besides theoretical understanding the course provides practical tips which are useful in ones own life as well as in guiding others.

76 - 100 of 396 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

By Víctor O

Jul 09, 2018

This MOOC, together with the other 4 MOOC of Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, changed my life. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless whether you are interested or not in psychology.

By Giulia P

Nov 25, 2019

I really loved it, Dr James teaches it in a way that is fun and easy to understand. The tools that he gives are so interesting to apply in a daily basis. I really recommend you to enroll and enjoy this course.

By Liz L

Jan 02, 2018

I have grown so much in so little time. Whether you want to improve upon yourself or add to your skill set to help others grow, this course is irreplaceable. I can't wait to begin Course 3 of this 5 week set.

By Saajan K J

Apr 26, 2020

The course explains the fundamentals extremely well. The part that I liked the most about the course is about Goal Setting and the different approaches to goal setting which was a totally new concept for me.

By Angela C

Mar 10, 2019

I really found this course personally and professionally useful. The content was easy to digest and complex enough when it came to putting some interventions into practice thoughtfully to make it rewarding.

By Costantino S

Feb 25, 2018

I'm following the specialization, until this point this is in my opinion by far the most interesting and useful course (I find the course on grit and research methods to be of a lower quality than this one).

By Luis R G G

Aug 24, 2019

Este modulo ofrece muchas herramientas y ejercicios practicos que ayudan mucho a entender la teoria impartida, ahora vivo diariamente con una capa bitono. Recomiendo mucho esta especialidad, muchas gracias.

By Sarah M

Dec 22, 2017

This course was life-changing! I thought the material would be obvious, but it went much deeper than I expected and really did provide applications and interventions to support me in every area of my life!

By Neuza R

really joyful course. Some things were of course a repetition of "Resilience Skills" I took before, but it was also a lot of new knowledge. The professor's passion about the topic really comes across

By Lim Y H X

Apr 17, 2020

Feb 09, 2019

I really enjoyed how there were many assignments and peer-reviewed activities. Engaging in practical exercises helped me absorb a lot more content than just passively listening to information.

By Jigisha S

Jul 19, 2019

By Franco A B S

Jun 12, 2020

Una tremenda experiencia para aprender más sobre aplicaciones e intervenciones en Psicología Positiva para llevarlo a nuestra vida personal y la de otros para incrementar nuestro bienestar.

By ROCIO L

Mar 07, 2019

I really liked the structure of the course, it was important to me that includes the theory that support the practices; it is clear and concise, I loved the teaching style of James.

By priya j

Apr 08, 2020

This is an excellent course, exactly what I was looking for. Teaches the skills of savoring, goal setting and pursuing the goals . The assignment were very good and helped a lot

By Yvonne B

May 12, 2017

Excellent course material, presented beautifully. I really enjoyed every minute of it, and it consolidated much of what I'd learned in previous Positive Psychology courses.

By Alexander L

Feb 09, 2020

The course found a perfect balance between academic content, self reflection and hands on practicing. I got a ton out of it and would definitively recommend it to others.

By Srijamya

loving it so far. learned so much for the positive approach towards life and circumstances. recommend it for everyone with or without a matched profession of psychiatry.

By Suzette J

Jul 13, 2020

The course clearly takes students through key research around the application of positive psychology, with frameworks explained and activities to embed the learning.

By Shirley-Moana D

Oct 27, 2019

Well organised topic. Gave me a good introduction to the field of Positive Psychology. I’m looking forward to applying the knowledge into my life in meaningful ways.

By William B C

Jul 17, 2017

I loved learning how to apply my understanding of positive psychology in a useful way. I was excited to learn another method, WOOP, for setting and attaining goals.

By Mateja V B

Mar 25, 2018

I've learn so many new things about having a more positive view of the world, on goal setting and savoring good things in my life. I would definitely recommend it.

By Rob P

Jan 29, 2018

One suggested improvement to an otherwise fascinating course would be a few more cut-aways to illustrative slides, images and graphics. Enjoyed it a lot though!

By KATHLEEN M B

Mar 02, 2020

Wonderful presentation of information. The assignments are aligned with the objectives. I have learned a great deal that will help me throughout my career.

By Carey N G

Aug 18, 2020

I love the wide range of examples given to us. Thank you for the numerous resources that we can utilize and hopefully share with others. Such a great class!