Back to Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being by University of Pennsylvania

You are encouraged to take the first four courses of the Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization before starting this course and completing the Specialization Project. This course, taught by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman brings all the key concepts from the first four courses to practice as you develop and test a new positive intervention for an audience of your choice. You identify opportunities in your daily life to increase the wellbeing by using knowledge you developed in the first four courses of the Specialization. In this final project, you evaluate the efficacy of a positive intervention based on subjective and objective measures. Then, you compare how empirical and non-empirically-based positive interventions can be applied to influence a person's wellbeing. Lastly, you reflect on how the fundamental elements of research methods are important in the everyday application of positive psychology. After completing all five courses, learners earn a certificate signed by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman, Dr. James Pawelski, Dr. Angela Duckworth, Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft and Dr. Karen Reivich....

YA
Mar 10, 2018

A thought provoking workshop. How mental illness can be the lack, opposite or excess of our strengths. I enjoyed delving more into strengths and also having to come up with a positive intervention.

EE
Oct 16, 2020

I would first all love to thank all my course lecturers and professors, I am able to understand how the design process of an intervention in positive psychology work

26 - 50 of 154 Reviews for Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being

By Kim Y B

Sep 4, 2018

I've enjoyed this course and will recommend it to anyone ,I am a wiser more optimistic woman as a result of completing Positive Psychology,the insight I have gained will allow me to continue to grow and, develop more optimism as I continue on this journey.I never knew I could more optimistic than I already am go figure thank you Mr.Martin Seligman for your dedication and research you have forever changed the way individuals will consider or view Positive Psychology.

By Daniel F

Jan 27, 2021

This was the final course out of five courses that made up the foundations in positive psychology specialisation. All five courses were thoroughly enjoyable. As a practising psychotherapist I especially enjoyed this, the fifth and final course, not only for allowing me to design my own positive intervention but also to learn about how the opposite, absence and excess of character strengths offer an alternative to the DSM and ICD diagnostic criteria.

By KAO

Aug 29, 2017

I truly want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've been interested in Positive Psychology . Writing English was little hard for me because I can reading English but I'm not accustomed to writing.

I've been learning English mostly by myself . So it was hard for me,but taking these courses were very fulfilling. I'd like to take an entrance exam for working people a University of Foreign Studies after the few months or next year.

By Alican B

Sep 10, 2018

A really beneficial course in which you learn how to apply positive interventions to your life by first hand and new techniques that contributes to your well-being in order to flourish. Many thanks to the course staff who created this wonderful course for us. I recommend the course principally to everyone who is interested in psychology and wants to take a fresh perspective on the field.

By Phek

Jan 19, 2018

I truly learn a lot from this specialisation course! I'm not psychology background but I love studying psychology a lot, especially strengths and the positive psychology! I would strongly recommend this to those who interested in understanding how positive psychology can help improve our life and well-being. This is a basic! Thank you all the teachers here for all the great sharing!

By Hanny F M

Jan 28, 2020

I truly love learning Positive Psychology, I learned a lot from these five courses that I just completed. And I could apply what I had learned in my daily life for both personal as well as my professional life. The courses are really well designed and rich in content. Thanks so very much for having put all these courses together, this make learning journey easier.

By T T H

Oct 15, 2018

This specialization is beneficial for any individual wanting to increase knowledge in the field of positive psychology for benefit of self and others. Each course within is easy to go through and understand. Each quiz is beneficial and helps the learner commit to memory lessons learned during the specialization. Instructors are easy to understand and personable.

By Kevin Y

Feb 22, 2021

Thoroughly enjoyed the capstone for the Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization. This University of Pennsylvania: 5 course Positive Psychology Certificate Program was very informative. Engaging lectures from some very big names in this field. Quality and detail has inspired me to potentially look at U Penn LPN - online credit courses. Thanks to all!

By Elaine F

Aug 11, 2017

A fantastic opportunity to put everything together and commit to designing a positive intervention. I have loved every minute of doing this course and the previous 4 elements. Each has given me new insights and deepened my understanding, so that I can lead a more fulfilling life and contribute better to others.

By Magnus K

Jan 6, 2019

Hi Martin and the team of this specialization

this provided what I have had in mind since I stoped morning my best friend unnecessary death at 23, when selecting importance by looking inwards, you get benefits that can't be bought well you have learned me that it can be trained

By Maria C H

Feb 16, 2021

This Positive Psychology Specialization (all 5 courses) are a master piece for achieving and helping others to achieve well being. Thank you very much. It has been an experience that has helped me to become a happier person and I plan to apply it to help others.

By Sylvia R D

Jan 22, 2019

This drives home the information learned in the previous 4 courses in this specialization, with a hands-on assignment that allowed me to experience Positive Psychology interventions in action, and in a way that helped not only myself, but allow me to help others.

By Jeffrey Y

Dec 15, 2020

truly grateful that I was able to participate in this course. I found the experience to be inspirational and am dedicated to not only expanding my knowledge base in positive psychology but to share these experiences with others so they may benefit as well.

By Thiago F

May 30, 2017

This entire course was EXCELLENT! I definitely increased my knowledge and I'm already applying what I've learned here in my work as psychotherapist and counselor. Thanks for the initiative and dedication tprofessionals involved, and to all my colleagues.

By Kimberly W

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent! Wonderful culmination of this specialization. I learned so much from all of the courses and appreciated the last to pull it all together. I highly recommend to all! So grateful to everyone at UPENN for these life-changing courses.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Zhao W

Sep 11, 2018

This course is great to guide us how to apply the principles of positive psychology to strengthen our not-so strong aspects of our characters. I have been recommended authenticHappiness website to my friends and relatives in China.

By Lim Y H X

May 12, 2020

A great finale to the entire specialization in the foundations of positive psychology, allowing participants to engage in a creative project that effectively consolidates key concepts found in all the previous courses.

By Sarah M

Jan 15, 2018

Absolutely amazing! Eye-opening theory as well as hands-on approach to developing your own strengths and weaknesses or deviances in strengths. Such a profoundly helpful course to living life well. Thank you!

By maria l l

Aug 26, 2019

I have enjoyed this course so much! It has given me such an insight on how to work on flourishing, on aspiring to being better through positive interventions I can now design for myself. Thank you all!

By Ruby O C

Feb 1, 2021

What a great experience to participate on this Project Specialization. I highly recommend it. It helped my put in practice even more all the topics we covered in the previous courses.

Mar 14, 2019

I thought it was very interesting to share Chris Peterson’s Unfinished Masterwork: The Real Mental Illnesses and ask for us, students, to give our opinions on the subject.

By elly t

Oct 16, 2020

By Franco A B S

Aug 8, 2020

Una excelente oportunidad para aprender a diseñar intervenciones positivas basados en evidencia empírica y conocimientos teóricos sobre la Psicología Positiva.

By Agota K

Aug 27, 2017

The full specialization was amazing! I have learnt a lot, I have flourished, I have got a lot of inspirations for my private and work life. Thank you.