Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM
Sep 23, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NE
Apr 18, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

251 - 275 of 507 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Heather W

Apr 15, 2020

I found a lot of the discussion topics really interested and incredibly helpful to apply in different parts of ones life.

By Franco A B S

Jul 23, 2020

Un excelente curso para aprender sobre Resiliencia, Optimismo y Conversación Activo Constructivo en Psicología Positiva.

By Noémie B

Just amazing! This should be taught to the entire planet at 15yo!!!! It's just so crucial. A must of self-consciousness.

By Valerie T

Dec 9, 2017

A strong overview of resilience-- how it helps to build happiness and also how to develop or expand your own resilience.

By Robert B S M

May 25, 2019

An absolutely outstanding course...it has changed the way I will look at and apply my coaching business skills forever.

By RYOTARO N

Sep 10, 2018

Full of useful skills, so many useful resources. I'll be coming back for the video and the reference again and again.

By Karen M

Jul 4, 2020

This was a great MOOC, I really loved Karen Reivich's delivery style and the whole subject was just so fascinating.

By Matti J S K

Mar 22, 2018

An excellent course and highly recommend it. I loved the teaching style and they way topics were covered. Thank you!

By Mirela P

Feb 6, 2020

Very nice presentation of the course. Dr. Karen Reivich has a very good teaching style. I really liked this course.

By Helen W

Jan 26, 2018

Excellent, Brilliantly presented - clear, concise, great summarising and practical tasks. Love the ongoing reading.

By Jonas W

Feb 9, 2020

Highly enjoyed the course, especially practical exercises, like all about character strengths and mindfulness. JW

By Sean R

Apr 6, 2019

This was a wonderful class. Simply fascinating. I will definitely continue to use the teachings in my daily life.

By Yasmin A

Mar 11, 2018

My favorite of the series. Karen Reivich is terrific and her work is inspiring. I thoroughly enjoyed this module.

By victor s

This is one of the best courses that I have taken because what I learned here I can use for the rest of my life!

By F K

Mar 15, 2019

Learned a lot about mind traps and how to overcome them and think positively and realistically. Thank you Karen!

By KIMBERLY C

Jul 31, 2017

Outstanding! I highly recommend for everyone to take. Informative and interesting - I stayed engaged throughout.

By Gerben v E

Oct 28, 2020

Excellent course, loads of role plays and interviews. I really got to grips with the material and learned a lot

By Ines K

Apr 15, 2020

Really good! Nice mix of scientific insights, hands on practises and a fantastic speaker that is fun to follow.

By Maria L G

Jun 9, 2020

Highly recommended, I learned so much about myself. This course has given me the skills to become a better me,

By Amanda N

May 31, 2018

Great course, interesting concepts and lots of practical examples and exercises. Highly recommend for anyone!

By Meerimgul S

Mar 14, 2019

I would like to thank Dr. Karen Ravich for her efforts to help us understand. Very helpful, positive course.

By Lucas D P

Jul 13, 2018

An inspiring course that teaches skills that can be used immediately to increase resilience in several ways.

By Libbla K

Dec 18, 2017

Incredible course, brilliant gripping presentation. These Skills should be learnt the world over. Thank you.

By Aleksandra O

Apr 13, 2020

Very helpful! There is a lot of information as well of some practical tips! I highly recommend this course.

By Gonzalo L

Jul 31, 2017

I find the topics covered in this module very close to home, applicable and effective. I really enjoyed it.