Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

251 - 275 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By María L T

May 15, 2019

best one of the series

By Robert B S M

May 25, 2019

An absolutely outstanding course...it has changed the way I will look at and apply my coaching business skills forever.

By M.Helena V

May 25, 2019

Excelente

By Kelly P

Jun 04, 2019

I found the information in this course most useful. I didn't realize it was course 4 of the specialization. I took this one first. You don't need to take any of the other courses first in order to understand this information. I went back to take some of the other courses and so far have found that this one is the most useful for me. As part of pessimists anonymous, I'm a recovering pessimist. This course is so helpful in in teaching me how to challenge negative thinking and move forward with positive action steps.

By Tamara B

Jun 10, 2019

This was fantastic course, thank you very much.

By Marc V H

Jun 12, 2019

Filled with lots of practical advice on how to live a resilient life!

By Juan Q

Aug 01, 2019

nice

By Laura D

Aug 05, 2019

Fnatastic course, really easy to follow the instructor. Clear and to the point examples of every topic that is described. Highly recommend it.

Thank you!

By Natalia F d O M L

Aug 08, 2019

Very interesting and well-planned course (though its content partially with content from other courses in this Specialization). It's useful both for your personal and professional life.

Full of skills and tools we can all learn and practice. Glad I did!

By Julie L

Aug 09, 2019

I really enjoyed being able to do this on line course from anywhere in the world and at my own pace - which was pretty quick as I am taking a break in Colorado and had this course as my learning goal for August :) I liked the blended approach of learning - content- case studies- reading , quizzes-worksheets-role play and to be able to go back to modules as and when I wanted. THANK YOU !

By John M

Aug 13, 2019

An outstanding course! Though I did enjoy the "guest speakers", in my opinion the instructor deserves the bulk of the credit here. I have learned a great deal and am very grateful--thank you!!

By Rashi G

Aug 14, 2019

The way the course was structured, the topic were sub divided, and the each area was outlined, made the learning clear, receptive and interesting. I loved how engaging and expressive Karen was. I am sure to carry most of the topics discussed in my mind on a daily basis and help them to be a more resilient person, a better thinker, a better listener. Hunting the good stuff, real time resilience, and using core character strengths effectively are things i have already started working on. It definitely increases well being gradually!

By Regina R d R

Aug 14, 2019

Really helpful and dynamic course!

By Elizabeth J

Aug 17, 2019

This course was fantastic! I didn't think an online course would suit my learning style but the videos were truly engaging. The material was both helpful and interesting from a work and personal perspective and I encourage others to enrol. I am also encouraged to enrol in more of the courses after taking this one.

By Reem Z

Aug 20, 2019

Interesting and insightful. It got me through a difficult time in my life and helped my focus on the positive and learn to grow resiliency and strength. Also, how to deal with all of the anxiety I was dealing with.

By Mônica Q

May 08, 2019

A great opportunity for skills development, structured material clearly and merging the invitation to exercise and understand the concepts in personal practice, reflecting on relationships, self care, empathy and other aspects that promote emotional health. I personally felt accompanied by a structured program where I could identify and experience resilience's ability in all its aspects. I will redo the course through my personal notes, and continue the development of this skill so necessary to deal with contemporary citizens. Thank you for the opportunity.

By Antonio S S

Aug 29, 2019

great course with very good teachers

By Mark H

Sep 10, 2019

Excellent course with lots of great applicable learnings.

By SU Y

Sep 12, 2019

This is my first completed MOOC on Coursera. I have to say that when I started on the 7day free trial, I didn’t expect me to finish any of these course in this specialization. But Karen designed the whole course in such a clear and concise way that it’s just hard not to follow the syllabus. I chose to learn this specialization partly for career development, partly for my own wellbeing. And I can already feel the change in my attitude towards everyday life and interactions with other people. After almost a year of postpartum depression, I finally start to feel better and sleep better. Thank you, Karen, and everyone who’s contributed to the making of this course!

By Martin S

Sep 16, 2019

The teacher was able to convey the content very well

By Karolina K

Feb 27, 2019

This is a lovely course and it teaches valuable skills. The one point for improvement is that there maybe could be more visual aids. All lectures are just a 'talking head'.

By Kirsten S

Mar 28, 2019

A little less academic than I was expecting and much more about practical application in your own life. Overall, very useful, though and interesting. Thank you!

By Jennifer E

Jan 31, 2018

excellent course! I greatly enjoyed the perspective and strategies presented here.

By Halil O A

Nov 15, 2017

Highly recommend!

By Orlando C

Apr 13, 2018

Great course that is more heavily biased towards application(s) than research and findings which will likely serve most well. Specific techniques are laid-out in plain English.

This course is not as polished as some others. The instructor at times seems to simply be reading from her teleprompter. Other times she seems more engaging. I would have preferred a more consistent feeling of connection to Dr. Reivich. This can be challenging in this format but having seen it successfully done by other instructors it is unquestionably possible.

For some, the material will be powerful enough to overlook "roughness around the edges". It certainly was for me. Of the courses offered in this series, this one deeply resonates.