Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

126 - 150 of 496 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By T T H

Jun 27, 2018

This course opened my eyes to my abilities and kept me focused on building positive areas in my life and business. The instructors were easy to understand and conveyed the material professionally while relating to students very well.

By Ravindranath. B K

Apr 23, 2017

Good Course for students of all age. Those in depression should give a try. Knowledgeable and inculcates positive thinking. Software profession staff need to under go this course to have a positive thinking of goals and commitments.

By Lynda S

Oct 23, 2018

Good way of getting to know some concepts. If you are searching for new tools to improve the way you deal with problems; might be a good introduction.

You will have to analyse yourself and use own life examples as going through it.

By DULCEMARIA G S

May 06, 2020

"Thanks to Dr. Karen Reivich and her team. This is one of the best courses I have taken in my life, due to the power of its content. Dr. Karen is a great professor: she transmits all these values ​​that she teaches in the course".

By Molly K R

Jan 15, 2019

Love the application focus of everything we did. Examples were clear and easy to understand, and Karen's style of presenting is approachable. Also good use of guest speakers/instructors to show application in different contexts.

By Frances V V

Jul 26, 2017

This was my favorite positive psychology course thus far! Material and presenters were interesting, assignments were clear and helpful, and I left the course with usable skills to enhance my life and those of my coaching clients.

By Tammy M

Jul 17, 2020

I could listen to Dr. Reivich talk all day! She is engaging, authentic and she paces the information well. The material goes beyond being academic and we are encouraged to think practically about how we can apply it to our lives.

By Vivian F

Jan 24, 2018

Dr Reicich is very good presenter. The way she delivered the message lets me very easy to follow. Resilience is a very useful skill. It changed the way I see myself and the way I react with other people. The course helps me a l

By Raihanah M M

Dec 01, 2018

Thank you Dr Karen Reivich for the knowledge and tools shared in this course. Highly recommend this to anyone wanting to develop a better awareness of resilience as a skill set to live a more productive, and engaging life.

By Sheryl T

Very practical, important skills. I learned so much that I can apply in real-time.

Easy to digest learning was great for a busy professional.

I really liked the instructor and I enjoyed the discussion with other students.

By Reem Z

Aug 20, 2019

Interesting and insightful. It got me through a difficult time in my life and helped my focus on the positive and learn to grow resiliency and strength. Also, how to deal with all of the anxiety I was dealing with.

By Jacqueline R

Jul 24, 2020

I loved the content and the format of this course. It was especially timely considering we are currently in a pandemic, and I need to get my mind focused on starting a new school year on uncertain terms. Thank you!

By Donatienne N

Oct 29, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and felt that the MOOC leader, Karen Reivich really truly wanted the students to benefits from the course by making practical changes to their daily life based on the course's teaching.

By Nicole P

May 12, 2020

This was a really great course! I feel like I actually got practical tools that I can use to improve myself, my relationships, and my life. I highly recommend this course if you want to gain skills for resilience.

By Crocetta

Jan 27, 2018

Truly enjoyed this MOOC. Found it highly interesting and think the mix of lectures, role plays, real life experience sharing and assignments is very good. I learned a lot in such a short period of time. Thank you.

By Gianna B

Oct 30, 2017

This has been a truly remarkable experience. Thank you so much Karen for not only the content you delivered but also the way you delivered it. I would highly recommend this course to teachers, parents and coaches.

By Víctor O

Jul 10, 2018

This MOOC, together with the other 4 MOOC of Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, changed my life. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless whether you are interested or not in psychology.

By Mihály K

Jul 21, 2020

This has been the best course in the program. The curriculum is very well built, the structure is great, the explanations/demonstations are very helpful. Not to mention that Karen Reivich is a fantastic teacher!

By T. K M

Jul 20, 2020

The course is brilliant in structure, content and delivery. The instructor, Dr. Karen Reivich, is amazing. With her body language, expressions close to heart and gesture, she makes you feel a great beneficiary.

By Jake M

Mar 14, 2020

Life changing course. I wish I can make this available to my staff going forward.

This course was well thougth off. The role play will stick into my mind longer than the contents of these courses.

Great work!!!

By Sharon D

May 06, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - I found it interesting, relevant, and applicable. I have already started implementing and sharing some of the suggested strategies to increase my level of optimism and resilience.

By Tami B

Aug 23, 2018

I think it would a good idea if it is possible to contact someone in case of a problem.

I have experienced a serious problem while checking a peer group assignment and there was no one I could share it with.

By Yiwen

Mar 17, 2018

This course has taught me so many useful everyday skills to challenge my negative ways of thinking. The skills/interventions are presented with vivid examples and solid research backgrounds. Very helpful!!!

By Abhi

Jan 02, 2018

What a wonderful course this was. It was really interesting and worth assmiliating every bit of it. I am happy i took this course and i greatly thank the team for designing such a impactful course. Good job

By Michelle T

May 03, 2020

Love, Love, Love this course!! It solidified the Resilience- Skills in a time of uncertainty course I did with Dr. Karen Reivich. I am quickly developing a passion for this topic and want to delve deeper.