Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

126 - 150 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Gianna B

Oct 30, 2017

This has been a truly remarkable experience. Thank you so much Karen for not only the content you delivered but also the way you delivered it. I would highly recommend this course to teachers, parents and coaches.

By Jane H W

Jul 22, 2017

Loved this course. Content was amazing.

By Mabel T

Aug 27, 2017

Very good examples and videos.

By Alexander d G

Sep 03, 2017

A lot of valuable resources and knowledge applicable both for a business and personal perspective.

By Yan W

Feb 13, 2018

love it

By Sarah M

Dec 22, 2017

What I learned in this program is so relevant to my life in all areas. Not only did I learn a lot about my own behaviour, and by extensive have a greater understanding of the behaviour of others, but I also received many tools to support my own personal practice of resilience.

The information in this program was so relevant that I found it easy to understand, because I could see it in my own life. I appreciated the challenge of looking deeper at myself and where I could change behaviours for more resilience and connection with others.

I'm deeply grateful for Karen's teachings...thank you!

By Hernan A

Apr 18, 2018

Thank you so much guys for sharing this amazing knowledge. This is my 4 course and they are changing my life even though I am a psychologist.

By Richard N

Feb 06, 2018

I

By Sunita D

Dec 25, 2017

one of the best course. Its application based and very useful to make our life flourish

By Tania M A

Jun 03, 2018

Excellent course and lovely professor!

By Paulette R

May 18, 2018

This has been a life-changing course for me. The material is so personally and professionally valuable. The material is diverse and covers many of the major practices of Positive Psychology. It has given me a new language and a renewed sense of agency. Thank you!

By Kari K

Jun 17, 2018

My favorite one of the 5 courses - so engaging and interesting! Definitely learnt a lot in this course.

By Rebecca E

Sep 09, 2017

Great pace, explanations and role plays to demonstrate the principle.

By Jacobson C

Oct 03, 2017

Wonderful! I've learned a lot with this course.

By Barbara R

Sep 05, 2017

Material is presented in a simple, easy to understand way. There is substance behind the research but the most useful thing about the class is how practical the information is, and how it can really improve our well-being and happiness in daily life.

By Briony L

Sep 03, 2017

Wonderfully presented - its so clear that Karen Reivich loves her subject and is a talented educator. I have learned so much that I can apply in my life as well as use to deepen my coaching practice.

Karen thank you for you work in putting together this MOOC. It's my first time studying anything on Coursera and this was an immensely positive experience!

By Gregorius W

Jun 10, 2018

It's giving you thorough insight for building and developing resilience. It;s also give practical intervention and clear sample.

By Marcos M C

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent 100% +++, Karen has done an excellent job in sharing her knowledge through this course. And as she mentions, it is time to put into practice all these tools in daily life, personally and professionally. Being resilient is the basis of being able to become changes and be happy in life. Thanks, Karen we will stay in touch and be able to become my mentor in this Resilience skills.

By Amanda K N

May 31, 2018

Great course, interesting concepts and lots of practical examples and exercises. Highly recommend for anyone!

By Kinga

Aug 10, 2017

Wow, She is amazing teacher, I love they way she teaches, her style, stories, I feel bad to finish this one, I want more !!

By Valerie T

Dec 09, 2017

A strong overview of resilience-- how it helps to build happiness and also how to develop or expand your own resilience.

By Frances V V

Jul 26, 2017

This was my favorite positive psychology course thus far! Material and presenters were interesting, assignments were clear and helpful, and I left the course with usable skills to enhance my life and those of my coaching clients.

By Tami

Mar 13, 2018

What a great course!

By Ann T

Apr 08, 2018

Excellent course - I really appreciate all the information, suggested readings and practical approaches to apply resilience in my personal and professional life!!

By Scott V

May 14, 2018

Great course! Very helpful and informative!