Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

SB
Apr 6, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

NE
Apr 18, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

76 - 100 of 505 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Marisa B

Jul 6, 2020

Excellent course that feels extremely relevant. It is a nice balance of personal anecdotes, scientific studies and recreated scenarios. The information was delivered clearly and the engagement was fun! I appreciate the opportunity to have taken this class and hope that others get the same fulfillment!

By Anne V

Sep 14, 2018

Loved this class. I learned a lot and I still try to remember the 5 ways of thinking when I am upset with something. I go back to this class over and over. Hard for me to move on with other specializations because I keep going back to classes I have already taken. :) Thank you for a great class.

By Zhao W

Sep 11, 2018

This is my favorite course in this certificate program. The examples the instructors demonstrated are so helpful for the learners to understand the concept and the practicality. so we can have a better understanding of what many concepts in positive psychology mean and how to apply in real life.

By Angelica C

So grateful for this course which formalises and gives structure to a way of thinking and living that is so simple and yet so easily forgotten. Thank you Dr. Seligman and Team for your life's work in human flourishing. I look forward to using what I have learnt to benefit my clients and students.

By Edmund W

Mar 26, 2019

Videos were well done, approachable, and a great complement to the reading material. My challenge (dealing with a family medical crisis during the middle of the course) was a test in resilience, and my ability to cope was certainly aided by some of what I learned early in the course. Thank you!

By Smith S

Aug 9, 2018

This course has been quite helpful in looking at the broader picture of life. I learnt a lot of skills that may appear small but have large impact on life. Practice of Gratitude, Active Constructive Responding, Focusing on Optimism are few of the things that i will continue to apply in my life.

By Amarilis O

Jan 5, 2020

The Complexity of life demands from us flexibility. Social skills are critical for daily life interactions, physical and emotional health, and for nurturing and growth of our most treasured relationships. Dr. Reivich does a great job at teaching all of these abilities.

By Srihari

Sep 13, 2017

This Course is so apt for the times that we are living when there is so much of a focus on negativity if you will. As the saying goes be the change you want to see, by doing this course i can sense a change in the way i look at things.Hopefully i am able to radiate that positivity with all

By Tiara D

Apr 5, 2019

I have participated in a few live resilience classes. This has been the most relevant class, and by far, the best. I appreciate hearing the evidence based rationale through the videos and the self reflection exercises did not feel forced. I wish you the best as you evolve the program.

By Paul D P D

Jun 11, 2020

This course didn't just teach you operational definitions and applications, it will teach you about the essence of your mental health and how it directly affects your body and behavior. I love it, this is my first course, very insightful and helpful in my career path as a psychiatrist.

By Yashowardhan C

Oct 7, 2017

I am loving the course. The elements mentioned are so applicable and practicable in day-to-day life.

I liked the 'Thinking Traps', their recognition and methods of resolution.

Am already a big fan of Barbara Fredrickson's - whose theory is getting covered.

All in all - brilliant course.

By Dr K R N

Mar 20, 2020

Excellent course

The concepts are well explained and can be applied for real time personal and professional situations

The overall structure and activities added to present base of knowledge will be constructive for me to better facilitate my teaching, training and coaching practice

By N K

Jul 6, 2019

This was another interesting course, but what I found most enjoyable was the ease with which I found myself making progress and taking the lectures. When I slept, I would wake with the desire to know more, and continue learning more about resilience. 10/10 and highly recommended.

By Abigail A

Apr 30, 2020

So, totally loved everything about class! Especially, all the hot guys and rad chics! I mean, what happens at UPenn stays at UPenn. Know what I mean? Here is a song: Thompson Twins, Wish You Were Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po2ahzuziEw&list=RDpo2ahzuziEw&start_radio=1

By Diana C

Apr 20, 2020

Karen is so warm and easy to follow! This was my first completed course online, I believe the way it is designed made it very interesting and motivating, allowing me to follow with sure enthusiasm. I'm glad I've choosen this one, and in this particular time of my life. THANKS!!!

By Rati R

Jun 30, 2019

Fantastic pedagogy...Brilliant professor...Relevant examples...doable action items... Would look to refer this to other friends as this is a very relevant topic.

Would love to get connected with the Professor to explore avenues of bringing this great work / workshop to India ...

By Emily N

Apr 25, 2020

Loved this course. I signed up at the perfect time! Not only has this course helped me focus during the stay at home order because of the Coronavirus, but I truly feel I will be able to take away these lessons and apply them throughout my life going forward. Thank you SO much!

By Lim J C

Apr 10, 2020

Dr. Karen is a great speaker, I like the way she makes things easy for non native speaker like me. Besides, I can see how the intervention of Resilient Skills could benefit me tremendously in my personal life as well as my career. Thank you Dr. Karen and all your team members.

By Majed A

Dec 19, 2018

Simply life-changing course, Professor Reivich saved no effort in creating an interesting course, that easy and digestible by all professionals.

Her competence and and vast amount of knowledge builds the curiosity for any leaner to want to know, learn, and apply more.

By Sharon O

Aug 21, 2018

I loved this course and learned so much tools to increase my resilience. I love learning about optimism, character strengths, thinking traps, ad ACR. Dr. Karen Reivich and her team are doing an excellent job explaining the concepts and giving personal examples. Thank you!

By Antonio S V

Jul 8, 2020

Quiero llorar, he resuelto tanto con este curso, que cada día que pasa me convezco mas de lo que debo seguir haciendo. Agradezco muchisimo por esta oportunidad, a todos los que hacen del conocimiento, digamos amor. Sin duda, ahora soy mas que nada, estoy siendo resiliente.

By Paulette R

May 18, 2018

This has been a life-changing course for me. The material is so personally and professionally valuable. The material is diverse and covers many of the major practices of Positive Psychology. It has given me a new language and a renewed sense of agency. Thank you!

By Joseph C

Feb 8, 2018

Thank you Karen for such a fantastic MOOC. I love the way the digital era let knowledge go farther than a college classroom. I will try to put in practice what i have learned and teached others these valuable skills as a psychologist. Greetings from Ecuador.

Joseph

By Irum A

Oct 5, 2020

Karen has done a brilliant job with this course! I learnt so much from her on resilience, optimism, thinking traps and active constructive responding! Will be sure to follow her advice on continuing these practices in my every day life! Thank you Karen! God bless!

By Suzanne M

Sep 8, 2020

I loved this course. Karen Reivich is full of passion on the topic. She is easy to connect with and has many examples to illustrate the concepts she presents. It has been a perfect academic look at the tools and practices I use as an executive coach. THANK YOU!