Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

76 - 100 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Monica A

Sep 18, 2017

I love the material and enjoy doing the exercises. I want to continue learning about resilience.

By Abena B

Jun 11, 2018

A good course for anyone wishing to work on their resilience skills, or coach others. The best part was the sharing of gratitude practices - inspiring.

By Brian T

Jun 20, 2018

I'd highly you do this course and its companion course Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science. I started them three weeks ago and the changes have been dramatic :)

By Alan C P

Jul 01, 2017

Such a good course. I have found a great deal of benefit from completing this course. Dr Reivich is inspirational in her knowledge, intellect, wisdom and humility. Her ability to discuss evidence based research and to make the findings of this research real is exceptional. I hope one day to visit Penn and participate in the PRP. That would be exceptional.

By Linda R

Jul 03, 2017

This is the best online course I've taken.

By Derek S

Feb 11, 2018

Changed my life. Simple...

By Crocetta

Jan 27, 2018

Truly enjoyed this MOOC. Found it highly interesting and think the mix of lectures, role plays, real life experience sharing and assignments is very good. I learned a lot in such a short period of time. Thank you.

By N M

Jul 18, 2017

Excellent Course; I learned so much about myself.

By Joanne R

Jan 16, 2018

Very useful and relevant tools. I will recommend to others.

By Terry C

Aug 23, 2017

Karen is a great teacher - not only presenting her own material, but also clarifying and deepening insights about material in the first three courses.

By Georgeta E P

Jul 11, 2017

out of the four courses in the specialization this one was probably my favorite. The presentation was very hands on and specific on using resilience skills.

By Ingrid A J

Jul 11, 2017

Fantastic course! Great mix of practical application and theory. Quiz and assignments well paced and well put together. Perhaps consider a short assignment/essay in. Great skills and info I can apply to my personal and professional life - thank you!

By Donatienne N

Oct 29, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and felt that the MOOC leader, Karen Reivich really truly wanted the students to benefits from the course by making practical changes to their daily life based on the course's teaching.

By Chien M L

Jun 05, 2017

Thanks Karen for a detailed and well structured course. I gained a lot listening to you.

By Angie B

Nov 01, 2017

Loved it!!

By Christine B

Sep 09, 2017

Karen was a delight to listen to and the content greatly enhanced my own self awareness. Thank you

By Betsy W M

Dec 13, 2017

This was an incredible course. Karen, bravo! You are an incredible voice on resilience, a fabulous speaker and should market resilience in a bottle. Your ability to teach is incredible. Of the many folks who appeared in the modules, each added value to this topic. I have walked away with much thought and hope to continue to do so. Thank you so much. Betsy Marple

By Keating C S

May 02, 2018

Very beneficial course with outstanding instruction.

By Jolanta S

Oct 20, 2017

My favorite in the specialization <3

By Jennifer C

May 01, 2018

This is material that I not only have studied but teach as well. Dr. Reivich guest lectured in the MAPP program at UPenn when I was a student there, and was among my favorite lecturers. When I saw that she did a MOOC on resilience I thought I would pop over and sample the lectures. But Dr. Reivich's teaching style is so engaging and the content so wonderfully presented, I ended up watching every single lecture (and hoping that my own teaching is anywhere near as good!). This course is wonderful. I cannot recommend it highly enough. You will walk away with practical tools and essential information, taught by one of the foremost experts on research in the world!

By Reena M

Jan 02, 2018

Very Good Course. I am a improved person. Thanks to the team

By Malasri D

Jul 12, 2017

Thoughtfully designed, great examples from some fantastic people, and of course, a teacher who is truly passionate about her subject.

By Johanna H

Mar 18, 2018

Best course so far!

By Sam R

Dec 18, 2017

Excellent course. Dr. Reivich provided a skillful balance of theory and practical application, which I found to be most important. Although I was familiar with some of the topics discussed, this presentation helped me "own" how to use the skills to improve my life and enhance important relationships. Highly recommend.

By Carol S B

Sep 24, 2017

Great class! Very engaging and educational.