Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

NE
Apr 18, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

SB
Apr 6, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

201 - 225 of 525 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Baraka S

Apr 5, 2019

Extremely relevant course. Both the book and the lectures are interesting at all points. I will be sharing what I've learned with students with whom I interact.

By Georgeta E P

Jul 11, 2017

out of the four courses in the specialization this one was probably my favorite. The presentation was very hands on and specific on using resilience skills.

By Kevin Y

Jan 20, 2021

For her first MOOC, I think this was a fantastic effort. On point, kept me fully engaged throughout and so obviously applicable to my everyday life! Well done!

By Michelle H

Nov 28, 2020

Such a clear analysis and communication of resilience; what it is and how to cultivate it, by an excellent and authentic presenter. So appreciated this course!

By Rose A S

Sep 2, 2018

This was so helpful. It gave me new tools to use to make a difference in my life. I greatly appreciated Dr. Karen Reivich's style and presentation. Thank you!

By Debjyoti P

Aug 1, 2020

Loved it. I found this course most useful, with a bunch of tools that are helping me change my life for the better, and feel a sense of personal development.

By Amit H D

Mar 31, 2019

I really enjoyed this course that demonstrated how can we practically apply various principles of Positive Psychology when we need them the most in our life.

By Robin L J

Dec 4, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've done! So many practical and implementable skills. Really great, in every respect.

Thank you to Karen and her entire team!

By Lucinéia G d S

Jun 19, 2020

This course is wonderful. I have learned a lot and Karen has great teaching skills. I am already applying the methods in my personal and profissional life.

By Sandra M d S C

Mar 1, 2020

O curso me ensinou habilidades para lidar com meus pensamentos não producentes, gerenciar minha ansiedade, aumentar minha resiliência de maneira produtiva.

By Linda E

Aug 11, 2018

Very useful and practical knowledge, easy to understand and apply. Designed in a way to keep you actively engaged; can't loaf through this class! Loved it.

By Uzma S

Jan 25, 2018

Thank you so much for teaching the resilience skills to over come negative thinking trap. It is very useful information that can be applied to daily life.

By Laura D C

Aug 4, 2019

Fnatastic course, really easy to follow the instructor. Clear and to the point examples of every topic that is described. Highly recommend it.

Thank you!

By Maria A

May 4, 2020

Thank you very much for the course! It is done very professional, very clear and gives motivation for further development of personal resilience skills!

By Lien C

Jul 12, 2018

Loved this course. Completely relevant and applicable to both personal and professional world. I can't wait to share and practice this on a daily basis.

By Abena B

Jun 11, 2018

A good course for anyone wishing to work on their resilience skills, or coach others. The best part was the sharing of gratitude practices - inspiring.

By Mateja V B

Apr 19, 2018

Amazing MOOC, I enjoyed every minute of the lectures and I find everyhing I've learned absolutely useful in my everyday personal and professional life.

By Lisa B

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent course for anyone and everyone to take! Applicable to every area of life! Thank you sincerely to all of those who made this course available.

By Terry C

Aug 23, 2017

Karen is a great teacher - not only presenting her own material, but also clarifying and deepening insights about material in the first three courses.

By Megan K G

May 22, 2020

As an HR Professional I think it's important to understand the important factors of engagement and how people think is a huge contributor to this el

By Melody O

May 9, 2020

Practical, timely life skills for surviving and thriving during Quarantine 2020. One of best investments of time I’ve encountered. Highly recommend.

By Gerardo L

Jul 3, 2017

I loved the simulations and the summaries. The best out of the 3 courses of this positive psych I have completed thus far. Thank you Dr. Reivich.

By Napas S

Apr 5, 2020

This course really helps me with my problem. I have learned many skills that can help me to build a better relationship with the people around me.

By Leonor C A C

Dec 30, 2019

I liked it very much. I enjoyed the way practice and theory were combined. I would have liked it more if it was more deep content and practices.

By Meghana D

Jul 2, 2019

I audited this course and added valuable soft skills to my arsenal. It is more than theory and has helped me formulate action items to get better.