Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

201 - 225 of 296 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Rick P

Nov 21, 2017

By far the best of the PS courses!

By Reena M

Jan 02, 2018

Very Good Course. I am a improved person. Thanks to the team

By Malasri D

Jul 12, 2017

Thoughtfully designed, great examples from some fantastic people, and of course, a teacher who is truly passionate about her subject.

By Ana S

Nov 13, 2017

Great course. Thanks!!

By Helen W

Jan 27, 2018

Excellent, Brilliantly presented - clear, concise, great summarising and practical tasks. Love the ongoing reading.

By Sharon D

May 06, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - I found it interesting, relevant, and applicable. I have already started implementing and sharing some of the suggested strategies to increase my level of optimism and resilience.

By Taiki K

May 05, 2018

Very well-taught, useful, and practical. I truly enjoyed Dr. Reivich's style of teaching - it was very natural and friendly, but equally professional. Thank you very much for this experience!

By Eliane J

Jul 10, 2017

Dr Karen is beyound Amazing!

By KIMBERLY C

Jul 31, 2017

Outstanding! I highly recommend for everyone to take. Informative and interesting - I stayed engaged throughout.

By Matti J S K

Mar 22, 2018

An excellent course and highly recommend it. I loved the teaching style and they way topics were covered. Thank you!

By Elaine T

Aug 04, 2017

Thank you for such an informative class! I have learned some life skills that I will definitely be using in my life. I have already shared some of your wisdom with my daughter and my friends.

By Eric E

Mar 10, 2018

Very well designed and delivered! I am grateful for what I learned.

By Janette F

Sep 26, 2017

This is an excellent course and I look forward to delving deeper into the subjects taught. I would love to see more courses taught by Dr. Reivich.

By Ravindranath. B K

Apr 23, 2017

Good Course for students of all age. Those in depression should give a try. Knowledgeable and inculcates positive thinking. Software profession staff need to under go this course to have a positive thinking of goals and commitments.

By Susan F

May 18, 2018

this was a very inspirational course, Dr. Reivich did a good job. Her lectures were interesting, enthusiastic and clearly spoken. She has a pleasant way of giving lectures, good content and enthusiasm. I would also like to thank Dr. Seligman for his course too, Positive Psychology, Visionary Science. He sparked my interest in Positive Psychology. My university degrees were in languages and linguistics and literature. Philosophy has been an ongoing interest and I was actually looking for more courses in philosophy and came across the courses of Positive psychology and was curious so I took the first course. It is an excellent discipline and I want to learn more. Also thank you to Dr. Angela Duckworth, also for an excellent course. I would like to take more courses. Thank you all. Susan Farranto.

By Rie N

Aug 26, 2017

Every lesson were an eye opener. Great examples with details on how we can actually work on ourselves.

By Jens H

Aug 03, 2017

Extremely insightful and rewarding. Thank you, Karen & friends.

By Iman S A

Jun 02, 2017

I think this course is really fantastic. I will apply it in my personal and professional life. Student instructors. You're​all really awesome!

By Kousay a

May 09, 2017

life has challenges. This course gives you the tools to deal with those challenges. Enjoy the course.

By Anel A

Jun 29, 2017

Excellent course, research founded, helpful exercises. I now have more tools to lead a happier life. Highly recommended.

By Bahram H

Apr 13, 2018

Thank you, Karen. I learned very helpful tools to enhance my resilience :-)

By Elizabeth A M

Jul 09, 2018

I learned so much about myself in this course. It brought together some things I already do and many more skills in a comprehensive package that started helping me be more resilient in week 1 and that will continue to help me throughout my life. I learned about my strengths and weaknesses and especially appreciated the last segment on Active Constructive Responding. I also really appreciate the fact that I was able to download the course so that I can revisit it when times are hard.

By Mateja V B

Apr 19, 2018

Amazing MOOC, I enjoyed every minute of the lectures and I find everyhing I've learned absolutely useful in my everyday personal and professional life.

By Julia C

May 08, 2018

This course is so full of useful information. Interesting and well-presented. I highly recommend reading Reivich's book, "The Resilience Factor" which I did after finding out about it from this course. Hope to see more Professor Reivich!

By sanika s

Jul 17, 2018

I express my deep gratitude to Dr Karen Reivich for this brilliant course! She was such an amazing teacher and all her videos were detailed and interactive it almost felt like she was right beside me, explaining every single topic!. This course not only provides information about concepts such as optimism, resilience, character strengths, etc but it also lets you now about all the great research and studies that have been happening around these topics and also teaches ways in which you can practically apply all these skills in daily life. This course is really a complete package. And after completing it I can say I feel Positively Empowered!. Also thanks to all the other great experts of the positive psychology field for sharing their experiences and knowledge. And Thank You to the University of Pennsylvania and Coursera for making this course.