Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

NE

Apr 19, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

201 - 225 of 474 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Janette F

Sep 26, 2017

This is an excellent course and I look forward to delving deeper into the subjects taught. I would love to see more courses taught by Dr. Reivich.

By Latifa T

Apr 18, 2020

This course was brilliant i loved the teacher ahe is incredibly clear and pragmatic. It helped re wire my thinking completely. Thank you so much!

By Lorena L

Mar 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it was very relevant. Thank you for all your insights, especially Dr. Karen Reivich! I hope to meet you someday

By Mike M

Mar 09, 2019

Outstanding course. Packed with specific, actionable approaches to build resilience. Highly recommend. Minimal time investment, high returns.

By Magnus K

Dec 18, 2018

A science on how to Learn how to enjoy life an also make progress, I found it at a late stage in life but have been brought up in this spirit.

By Iman S A

Jun 02, 2017

I think this course is really fantastic. I will apply it in my personal and professional life. Student instructors. You're​all really awesome!

By Hernan A

Apr 18, 2018

Thank you so much guys for sharing this amazing knowledge. This is my 4 course and they are changing my life even though I am a psychologist.

By GUILHERME C M

Jan 27, 2020

This course has everything: it combines the theoretical part and support books as well as many practical and easy exercises to be performed.

By Janne H

Sep 25, 2017

Great MOOC! Well Structured, covers a wide variety of subjects but is still easy to follow. Transfers scientific studies into everyday life.

By Shirley-Moana D

Oct 25, 2019

Another excellent positive psychology course where you get to put the theory into practise. Enjoyed this well organised, informative topic.

By Liliana C

Jul 05, 2020

Great Job! I really like this course it is very a well structured course, amazing skills of teaching and the information is very helpful.

By Sharon B

Apr 04, 2019

Great content, great instructor - clear, interesting to listen to, good pace. Appreciate the information and the chance to participate!!

By Eileen T Y L

May 28, 2018

This course is really interesting and we can apply it in our daily life. The teaching materials are clear and simple! Thanks Dr. Reivich!

By Manuele S

Mar 10, 2019

Wonderful course. I found the content very useful, exactly what I was looking for. Also the presentation and the activities were great!

By Xu L

Oct 25, 2018

I've leaned so much from this course. Many thanks to all that have put effort in this course, including professors, staffs, and peers.

By Fabiola B D L

Apr 19, 2020

I loved it, I'm so happy I chose this course to begin in Coursera. It has given me the tools I need to be a better version of myself.

By Malasri D

Jul 12, 2017

Thoughtfully designed, great examples from some fantastic people, and of course, a teacher who is truly passionate about her subject.

By Nitinun P

Apr 06, 2020

Recommended for beginners to learn this positiove psychology for know how to challenge and recoverly quickly from the bad emotional.

By Michelle O

Jan 24, 2020

What an amazing course! I learned so much about resilience, but the best part was learning about myself. Can't recommend it enough!

By Elisabeth d R

May 02, 2019

I learned a lot, it was challenging and triggered me to think deeply over my behaviour and reactions. I really enjoyed the journey!

By Gary H

Mar 30, 2019

Very strong course for those desiring better inner strength, optimism, joyfulness, and better, deeper relationships in their lives.

By Mariela V E D

Jun 01, 2018

A great course for teachers, psychologists and any other person who wants to improve his skills on Resilience. Highly recommended.

By James D C

Apr 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very well put together using various media / lecture formats. Easy to follow along. Assignments were fun to do.

By Jingyu S

May 14, 2020

This is an informative and well-taught course with role plays to demonstrate some concepts andskills to apply to the real world.

By Mario E T A

Jul 02, 2018

Great module, this and the intriduction module have been the more constructive of all four received.This this is the best so far