Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

NE

Apr 19, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

176 - 200 of 474 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Aidee C G P

Nov 20, 2017

Karen is one of the best teachers and guides that I have seen in this MOOC! THANK YOU! Many tools that I have learned and that I have in my tool box from now on.

By Chen

Apr 11, 2020

This course is very helpful, informative and practical. It can be used in daily pragmatic life, understanding better about your emotions and develop resilience.

By Baraka S

Apr 06, 2019

Extremely relevant course. Both the book and the lectures are interesting at all points. I will be sharing what I've learned with students with whom I interact.

By Georgeta E P

Jul 11, 2017

out of the four courses in the specialization this one was probably my favorite. The presentation was very hands on and specific on using resilience skills.

By Rose A S

Sep 02, 2018

This was so helpful. It gave me new tools to use to make a difference in my life. I greatly appreciated Dr. Karen Reivich's style and presentation. Thank you!

By Debjyoti P

Aug 01, 2020

Loved it. I found this course most useful, with a bunch of tools that are helping me change my life for the better, and feel a sense of personal development.

By Amit H D

Apr 01, 2019

I really enjoyed this course that demonstrated how can we practically apply various principles of Positive Psychology when we need them the most in our life.

By Robin L J

Dec 04, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've done! So many practical and implementable skills. Really great, in every respect.

Thank you to Karen and her entire team!

By Lucinéia G d S

Jun 19, 2020

This course is wonderful. I have learned a lot and Karen has great teaching skills. I am already applying the methods in my personal and profissional life.

By Sandra M d S C

Mar 02, 2020

O curso me ensinou habilidades para lidar com meus pensamentos não producentes, gerenciar minha ansiedade, aumentar minha resiliência de maneira produtiva.

By Linda E

Aug 11, 2018

Very useful and practical knowledge, easy to understand and apply. Designed in a way to keep you actively engaged; can't loaf through this class! Loved it.

By Uzma S

Jan 26, 2018

Thank you so much for teaching the resilience skills to over come negative thinking trap. It is very useful information that can be applied to daily life.

By Laura D C

Aug 05, 2019

Fnatastic course, really easy to follow the instructor. Clear and to the point examples of every topic that is described. Highly recommend it.

Thank you!

By Maria A

May 04, 2020

Thank you very much for the course! It is done very professional, very clear and gives motivation for further development of personal resilience skills!

By Lien C

Jul 13, 2018

Loved this course. Completely relevant and applicable to both personal and professional world. I can't wait to share and practice this on a daily basis.

By Abena B

Jun 11, 2018

A good course for anyone wishing to work on their resilience skills, or coach others. The best part was the sharing of gratitude practices - inspiring.

By Mateja V B

Apr 19, 2018

Amazing MOOC, I enjoyed every minute of the lectures and I find everyhing I've learned absolutely useful in my everyday personal and professional life.

By Lisa B

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent course for anyone and everyone to take! Applicable to every area of life! Thank you sincerely to all of those who made this course available.

By Terry C

Aug 23, 2017

Karen is a great teacher - not only presenting her own material, but also clarifying and deepening insights about material in the first three courses.

By Megan K G

May 22, 2020

As an HR Professional I think it's important to understand the important factors of engagement and how people think is a huge contributor to this el

By Melody O

May 09, 2020

Practical, timely life skills for surviving and thriving during Quarantine 2020. One of best investments of time I’ve encountered. Highly recommend.

By Gerardo L

Jul 03, 2017

I loved the simulations and the summaries. The best out of the 3 courses of this positive psych I have completed thus far. Thank you Dr. Reivich.

By Napas S

Apr 05, 2020

This course really helps me with my problem. I have learned many skills that can help me to build a better relationship with the people around me.

By Leonor C A C

Dec 30, 2019

I liked it very much. I enjoyed the way practice and theory were combined. I would have liked it more if it was more deep content and practices.

By Meghana D

Jul 02, 2019

I audited this course and added valuable soft skills to my arsenal. It is more than theory and has helped me formulate action items to get better.