Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

176 - 200 of 296 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Scott V

May 14, 2018

Great course! Very helpful and informative!

By Shannon M

Oct 17, 2017

Wonderful introduction to mindfulness and resilience. I thoroughly enjoy the lectures and the opportunities to reflect, even if I choose not to share them with the class.

By Ankita O

Jan 24, 2018

I'm taking away a lot of life skills from this course and would recommend it to each on of my friends.

By Libbla K

Dec 18, 2017

Incredible course, brilliant gripping presentation. These Skills should be learnt the world over. Thank you.

By Jacobson C

Oct 03, 2017

Wonderful! I've learned a lot with this course.

By Barbara R

Sep 05, 2017

Material is presented in a simple, easy to understand way. There is substance behind the research but the most useful thing about the class is how practical the information is, and how it can really improve our well-being and happiness in daily life.

By Briony L

Sep 03, 2017

Wonderfully presented - its so clear that Karen Reivich loves her subject and is a talented educator. I have learned so much that I can apply in my life as well as use to deepen my coaching practice.

Karen thank you for you work in putting together this MOOC. It's my first time studying anything on Coursera and this was an immensely positive experience!

By Gregorius W

Jun 10, 2018

It's giving you thorough insight for building and developing resilience. It;s also give practical intervention and clear sample.

By Valerie T

Dec 09, 2017

A strong overview of resilience-- how it helps to build happiness and also how to develop or expand your own resilience.

By Tami

Mar 13, 2018

What a great course!

By Ana M

Jul 26, 2018

Muy buen curso, estoy feliz aprendiendo nuevos elementos teóricos que enriquece mi vida profesional

By Iman S A

Jun 02, 2017

I think this course is really fantastic. I will apply it in my personal and professional life. Student instructors. You're​all really awesome!

By Kousay a

May 09, 2017

life has challenges. This course gives you the tools to deal with those challenges. Enjoy the course.

By Jeanette H

Jun 23, 2018

Fantastic MOOC, teaches powerful skills to help increase optimism, build positive emotions and manage negative emotions, using different ways of thinking to improve one's capacity for overcoming setbacks, no previous knowledge of psychology assumed or required. Excellent personal development opportunity.

By Yashowardhan C

Oct 07, 2017

I am loving the course. The elements mentioned are so applicable and practicable in day-to-day life.

I liked the 'Thinking Traps', their recognition and methods of resolution.

Am already a big fan of Barbara Fredrickson's - whose theory is getting covered.

All in all - brilliant course.

By Anel A

Jun 29, 2017

Excellent course, research founded, helpful exercises. I now have more tools to lead a happier life. Highly recommended.

By Bahram H

Apr 13, 2018

Thank you, Karen. I learned very helpful tools to enhance my resilience :-)

By Elizabeth A M

Jul 09, 2018

I learned so much about myself in this course. It brought together some things I already do and many more skills in a comprehensive package that started helping me be more resilient in week 1 and that will continue to help me throughout my life. I learned about my strengths and weaknesses and especially appreciated the last segment on Active Constructive Responding. I also really appreciate the fact that I was able to download the course so that I can revisit it when times are hard.

By sonya s

Jan 29, 2018

fantastic course! to the point and very practical too. Karen apart being such an expert leader in the field is also also a very engaging speaker! Thank you so much Karen and team!

By Jo H

Jun 25, 2018

I gained many skills from this course, and clarity about their value. Highly recommended.

By Namrata T

Jul 10, 2017

Very useful course indeed. I started with an attitude " let me see what's more in this course" but right from 1st week, I realsied that this course is different from all available courses on this topic. It helps in better understanding of self and managing self positively. The course concept is very well explained to drive point home. Thanks Karen for coming up with amazing course, I will keep referring to my notes from this course to get most out of it.

By Agota K

Jul 28, 2017

I've enjoyed all the parts of this course and I've learned so much I can use in my professional and private life. Thank you.

By Mateja V B

Apr 19, 2018

Amazing MOOC, I enjoyed every minute of the lectures and I find everyhing I've learned absolutely useful in my everyday personal and professional life.

By Julia C

May 08, 2018

This course is so full of useful information. Interesting and well-presented. I highly recommend reading Reivich's book, "The Resilience Factor" which I did after finding out about it from this course. Hope to see more Professor Reivich!

By Matti J S K

Mar 22, 2018

An excellent course and highly recommend it. I loved the teaching style and they way topics were covered. Thank you!