Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

151 - 175 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Mingyue P

Jul 26, 2017

Very useful

By Robin L J

Dec 04, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've done! So many practical and implementable skills. Really great, in every respect.

Thank you to Karen and her entire team!

By Uzma S

Jan 26, 2018

Thank you so much for teaching the resilience skills to over come negative thinking trap. It is very useful information that can be applied to daily life.

By Cristina M L C Y

Jun 08, 2018

Great course that helped me so much!

By Shannon M

Oct 17, 2017

Wonderful introduction to mindfulness and resilience. I thoroughly enjoy the lectures and the opportunities to reflect, even if I choose not to share them with the class.

By Ankita O

Jan 24, 2018

I'm taking away a lot of life skills from this course and would recommend it to each on of my friends.

By Култынов А Ю

Sep 11, 2017

very nice course.It isone ofte best courses ere on edx, because of many exampls of different aspects with the real human live!

By Ahmed I

Sep 16, 2017

ONE FORM THE BEST COURSES IN EVERY THING THE CONTENT AND THE DESIGN

By Vivian F

Jan 24, 2018

Dr Reicich is very good presenter. The way she delivered the message lets me very easy to follow. Resilience is a very useful skill. It changed the way I see myself and the way I react with other people. The course helps me a l

By Manju

Jun 09, 2018

These lecture and reading has opened up a new gateway in my learning . How beautifully through role plays , lecture and aricles the concept of developing resilence skills was made so clear in minds . cheers to faculty for such an amazing course .Already started using all these in my individual counselling cases plus my group threapy .it was like walking through a treasure trove and understanding which jewels you posses and which you need to polish and curate :)))))

By Lisa B

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent course for anyone and everyone to take! Applicable to every area of life! Thank you sincerely to all of those who made this course available.

By Hien N

Jun 08, 2018

Learnt so much in this course that I could apply to my life. Not like one of those self care books telling you that "think positive" is the key. Actually suggests specific steps and actions. Thanks Karen! I had so much fun completing this course.

By Rob P

Dec 24, 2017

The content is a refresher of everything you need to hear to be a good, high-functioning human! I loved it, but just spent the course wanting the pace to pick up. Good material does that.

By Lopamudra K

Jan 05, 2018

I could connect to all the lessons and feel strong and I know how to practice Resilience in my life

By Liz L

Mar 11, 2018

Dr. Reivich was a pleasure to listen to and created a MOOC that not only enhanced my professional life but deepened my personal relationships. I loved the role playing and the added speakers which gave depth and a variety of perspectives.

By Daniela I

Mar 11, 2018

Loved the clarity and format of the course, with many short videos rather longer ones. The exercises were helpful and the fact that the material is evidence based, gives it credibility which is especially important as I plan to coach physicians who are more likely to use material that is evidence based

By Mario E T A

Jul 02, 2018

Great module, this and the intriduction module have been the more constructive of all four received.This this is the best so far

By Jeanette H

Jun 23, 2018

Fantastic MOOC, teaches powerful skills to help increase optimism, build positive emotions and manage negative emotions, using different ways of thinking to improve one's capacity for overcoming setbacks, no previous knowledge of psychology assumed or required. Excellent personal development opportunity.

By Yashowardhan C

Oct 07, 2017

I am loving the course. The elements mentioned are so applicable and practicable in day-to-day life.

I liked the 'Thinking Traps', their recognition and methods of resolution.

Am already a big fan of Barbara Fredrickson's - whose theory is getting covered.

All in all - brilliant course.

By Monica A

Sep 18, 2017

I love the material and enjoy doing the exercises. I want to continue learning about resilience.

By johan a

Feb 19, 2018

Loved this course. It brought the theories of Positive Psychology to life through various practical examples. Role playing and the Personal sharing videos was awesome.

By Ingrid R

Apr 30, 2018

Great teaching on resilience skills! I enjoyed the faculty teaching style, authenticity, and clarity of ideas. I liked the role plays and guests interviews. Thank you!

By Vicky D

Feb 25, 2018

I have learned so much in this class! Karen is able to explain everything so clearly and in such a nice way, that I now have a deeper understanding of information that was new to me and of information I already heard about in other classes.

By Donna M

Apr 25, 2018

The complexities of resilience were uncovered in this course.

By Kai M

Jul 15, 2017

Very relevant, engaging, and applicable material. Thanks for teaching a wonderful course!