Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

151 - 175 of 496 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By ramachandra v

Aug 23, 2018

Karen was great at teaching the resilience skills with role plays, assignments, book references and also inviting guests to comment with their own experiences. The course was very useful to me personally.

By Swati P

Jun 15, 2020

It's really very interesting to learn how to make yourself positive not only in our behaviors but also by our thinking with many examples. All these examples helps a lot to make clear the given topics.

By Ana G A

Mar 25, 2020

Fantastic course and fantastic teacher! Thank you very much. I very much enjoyed every single lesson while learning quite a lot. Happy to implement this knowledge with my future clients in my practice.

By Barbara M

Sep 09, 2018

Loved this course! Really enjoyed the instructor and her presentation style. The content of the course really resonated with me . It was practical information that I am excited to apply to my own life!

By John M

Aug 13, 2019

An outstanding course! Though I did enjoy the "guest speakers", in my opinion the instructor deserves the bulk of the credit here. I have learned a great deal and am very grateful--thank you!!

By Rafaela S B

Nov 02, 2018

I truly enjoyed the course as the content is very useful and important not only for my profession, as a expat women life coach, but also for my personal life.

Thank you for this amazing journey!

By Elaine T

Aug 04, 2017

Thank you for such an informative class! I have learned some life skills that I will definitely be using in my life. I have already shared some of your wisdom with my daughter and my friends.

By Taiki K

May 05, 2018

Very well-taught, useful, and practical. I truly enjoyed Dr. Reivich's style of teaching - it was very natural and friendly, but equally professional. Thank you very much for this experience!

By Brian T

Jun 20, 2018

I'd highly you do this course and its companion course Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science. I started them three weeks ago and the changes have been dramatic :)

By Rob P

Dec 24, 2017

The content is a refresher of everything you need to hear to be a good, high-functioning human! I loved it, but just spent the course wanting the pace to pick up. Good material does that.

By William C

Mar 25, 2019

This course gave me some real, practical tools to improve resilience skills. Some of the techniques reminded my of the Fifth Discipline training I took earlier in my career. Thank you.

By Anna L L

May 22, 2020

Thank you so much for this wonderful course! It has been eye-opening! I feel I have gained a whole new toolkit of thinking practices that will enrich my personal and professional life.

By Rita J

Apr 08, 2020

This was such an inspiring and life changing experience for me. I feel so much more capable of developing the skills I've learnt and work towards leading a happier, more content life

By Jay A

Mar 26, 2019

Very good class. Condensed presentation of many different toolkits. now the challenge is to implement them in one's life on a day to day basis. Looking forward to seeing the changes!

By Deirdre M

Feb 19, 2020

Great course full of interesting, engaging content, including case studies and role plays to demonstrate how the theory works in practice. Very useful personally and professionally.

By sonya s

Jan 29, 2018

fantastic course! to the point and very practical too. Karen apart being such an expert leader in the field is also also a very engaging speaker! Thank you so much Karen and team!

By Joanne B

Sep 08, 2018

There is so much goodness in this course. I loved the simple tools and techniques and look forward to practicing them personally as well as sharing them with others. Thank you!

By Melody J

Apr 06, 2019

I really enjoyed the class, the skills taught, the book. Karen was a great instructor, open, honest and vulnerable which really contributed to my understanding and learning.

By Deyanira S

I love Karen, it was a very nice course, understanble and in a good balance of testing our knowledge and don't giving a headache on the test. Love it love it love it!!!! :D

By Rachel J

Dec 05, 2018

Love the instructor. She is so great! It keeps me engaged and love coming back for more information. Would highly recommend this course and the certificate specialization.

By Shannon M

Oct 17, 2017

Wonderful introduction to mindfulness and resilience. I thoroughly enjoy the lectures and the opportunities to reflect, even if I choose not to share them with the class.

By Ingrid R

Apr 30, 2018

Great teaching on resilience skills! I enjoyed the faculty teaching style, authenticity, and clarity of ideas. I liked the role plays and guests interviews. Thank you!

By Ramiro P

Mar 30, 2019

Excellent course. Filled with helpful skills, tools and real-life applications. Exceed my exceptions and I look forward to applying what I earned in my everyday life.

By johan a

Feb 19, 2018

Loved this course. It brought the theories of Positive Psychology to life through various practical examples. Role playing and the Personal sharing videos was awesome.

By JodiLynne S

Mar 11, 2019

Incredible course. So much relevant information. Insightful. Instantly applicable. Impactful. Grateful to have taken this course and increase my self-awareness.