Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

NE

Apr 19, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

226 - 250 of 473 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Gregorius W

Jun 10, 2018

It's giving you thorough insight for building and developing resilience. It;s also give practical intervention and clear sample.

By shabnam k

Jun 17, 2020

thanks a lot, for giving me a new view of optimism. skills to understand self and especially for getting out of thinking traps.

By Elaine F

Jul 09, 2017

Loved this. Resilience sits deep within the work that I do and I really enjoyed exploring this in further detail. Thanks Karen!

By Култынов А Ю

Sep 11, 2017

very nice course.It isone ofte best courses ere on edx, because of many exampls of different aspects with the real human live!

By Jane K

Jul 05, 2020

Really insightful course , added some really practical ideas and concepts to my tool kit both personally and professionally.

By Julia P

Apr 22, 2020

I loved this course! I felt that the material was engaging, but also extremely applicable to personal and professional life.

By Agota K

Jul 28, 2017

I've enjoyed all the parts of this course and I've learned so much I can use in my professional and private life. Thank you.

By Kinga

Aug 10, 2017

Wow, She is amazing teacher, I love they way she teaches, her style, stories, I feel bad to finish this one, I want more !!

By Anel A

Jun 29, 2017

Excellent course, research founded, helpful exercises. I now have more tools to lead a happier life. Highly recommended.

By Heather W

Apr 15, 2020

I found a lot of the discussion topics really interested and incredibly helpful to apply in different parts of ones life.

By Franco A B S

Jul 23, 2020

Un excelente curso para aprender sobre Resiliencia, Optimismo y Conversación Activo Constructivo en Psicología Positiva.

By Noémie B

Just amazing! This should be taught to the entire planet at 15yo!!!! It's just so crucial. A must of self-consciousness.

By Valerie T

Dec 09, 2017

A strong overview of resilience-- how it helps to build happiness and also how to develop or expand your own resilience.

By Robert B S M

May 25, 2019

An absolutely outstanding course...it has changed the way I will look at and apply my coaching business skills forever.

By RYOTARO N

Sep 11, 2018

Full of useful skills, so many useful resources. I'll be coming back for the video and the reference again and again.

By Karen M

Jul 04, 2020

This was a great MOOC, I really loved Karen Reivich's delivery style and the whole subject was just so fascinating.

By Matti J S K

Mar 22, 2018

An excellent course and highly recommend it. I loved the teaching style and they way topics were covered. Thank you!

By Mirela P

Feb 07, 2020

Very nice presentation of the course. Dr. Karen Reivich has a very good teaching style. I really liked this course.

By Helen W

Jan 27, 2018

Excellent, Brilliantly presented - clear, concise, great summarising and practical tasks. Love the ongoing reading.

By Jonas W

Feb 10, 2020

Highly enjoyed the course, especially practical exercises, like all about character strengths and mindfulness. JW

By Sean R

Apr 06, 2019

This was a wonderful class. Simply fascinating. I will definitely continue to use the teachings in my daily life.

By Yasmin A

Mar 11, 2018

My favorite of the series. Karen Reivich is terrific and her work is inspiring. I thoroughly enjoyed this module.

By victor s

This is one of the best courses that I have taken because what I learned here I can use for the rest of my life!

By Fariba K

Mar 15, 2019

Learned a lot about mind traps and how to overcome them and think positively and realistically. Thank you Karen!

By KIMBERLY C

Jul 31, 2017

Outstanding! I highly recommend for everyone to take. Informative and interesting - I stayed engaged throughout.