Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

226 - 250 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Baraka S

Apr 06, 2019

Extremely relevant course. Both the book and the lectures are interesting at all points. I will be sharing what I've learned with students with whom I interact.

By Sean R

Apr 06, 2019

This was a wonderful class. Simply fascinating. I will definitely continue to use the teachings in my daily life.

By William C

Mar 25, 2019

This course gave me some real, practical tools to improve resilience skills. Some of the techniques reminded my of the Fifth Discipline training I took earlier in my career. Thank you.

By Jay A

Mar 26, 2019

Very good class. Condensed presentation of many different toolkits. now the challenge is to implement them in one's life on a day to day basis. Looking forward to seeing the changes!

By Edmund W

Mar 26, 2019

Videos were well done, approachable, and a great complement to the reading material. My challenge (dealing with a family medical crisis during the middle of the course) was a test in resilience, and my ability to cope was certainly aided by some of what I learned early in the course. Thank you!

By SILVIA C R

Apr 09, 2019

Great MOOC full of useful skills for life. Very interesting and easy to follow up. I strongly recommend it.

It is a real privilege to have access to the best teachers and communicators and among all Karen has been a wonderful teacher, thank you very much,

By naomi y

Mar 26, 2019

Great, life-changing strategies to improve your life. Videos and examples were great. Course readings were somewhat difficult to access (that weren't the book). I will definitely work on some strategies to improve my resilience in the future!

By ALISON S

It helps me so much!

By Trista B

Mar 27, 2019

Excellent course. Many helpful and practical tips, examples, and frameworks that make a real difference in building resilience. Dr. Karen Reivich was also a wonderful lecturer/professor - highly engaging and clearly a leading expert on the subject.

By Ethan R

Mar 27, 2019

Great information. Practical applications.

By Patricia Y

Mar 28, 2019

I truly appreciate and enjoy this course. Already I've been able to stick to a personal goal of mine that I've failed miserably at (weight loss) for over 10 years by applying the skills taught. In addition, I've gained great insights into my personal resilience strengths, opportunities, and patterns. Armed with this knowledge I'm working on breaking out of unhelpful patterns. My kids have commented that they've experienced the change. Thank you!

By Kristine A

Mar 28, 2019

This opportunity was a true gift - in more ways than one! The curriculum design was thoughtfully organized and presented from an end-user's perspective. The instructor was clear, engaging and motivating; the speakers and other related videos and exercises reinforced learning and realtime application of the concepts. The curriculum content was incredibly valuable for me personally -- and I can see the immediate application and ongoing building.

By Gary H

Mar 30, 2019

Very strong course for those desiring better inner strength, optimism, joyfulness, and better, deeper relationships in their lives.

By Ramiro P

Mar 30, 2019

Excellent course. Filled with helpful skills, tools and real-life applications. Exceed my exceptions and I look forward to applying what I earned in my everyday life.

By Sandra M M M

Mar 31, 2019

Excelente curso

By Robert B S M

May 25, 2019

An absolutely outstanding course...it has changed the way I will look at and apply my coaching business skills forever.

By M.Helena V

May 25, 2019

Excelente

By María L T

May 15, 2019

best one of the series

By Kelly P

Jun 04, 2019

I found the information in this course most useful. I didn't realize it was course 4 of the specialization. I took this one first. You don't need to take any of the other courses first in order to understand this information. I went back to take some of the other courses and so far have found that this one is the most useful for me. As part of pessimists anonymous, I'm a recovering pessimist. This course is so helpful in in teaching me how to challenge negative thinking and move forward with positive action steps.

By Tamara B

Jun 10, 2019

This was fantastic course, thank you very much.

By Marc V H

Jun 12, 2019

Filled with lots of practical advice on how to live a resilient life!

By Lori T

Jun 21, 2019

A ton of useful and applicable information. Thank you!!

By Rhonda L

Jun 25, 2019

Thank you so much for an incredibly fascinating and educational course!! The presentations were stimulating and engaging. The material really spoke to me, and I hope to continue to study the concepts and take action to apply them. I found this course to be top-notch. The instructor really knows her stuff and can speak about it easily--making great connections and giving good real-world examples. Compared to many MOOCs (and traditional classes) the content was "meaty". It was NOT just a glossed-over introduction to common-sense material. Many thanks for the professionalism and work that you put into it. Excellent work!

By Rati R

Jun 30, 2019

Fantastic pedagogy...Brilliant professor...Relevant examples...doable action items... Would look to refer this to other friends as this is a very relevant topic.

Would love to get connected with the Professor to explore avenues of bringing this great work / workshop to India ...

By Meghana D

Jul 02, 2019

I audited this course and added valuable soft skills to my arsenal. It is more than theory and has helped me formulate action items to get better.