Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM
Sep 23, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NE
Apr 18, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

226 - 250 of 509 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Liliana C

Jul 5, 2020

Great Job! I really like this course it is very a well structured course, amazing skills of teaching and the information is very helpful.

By Sharon B

Apr 3, 2019

Great content, great instructor - clear, interesting to listen to, good pace. Appreciate the information and the chance to participate!!

By Eileen T Y L

May 28, 2018

This course is really interesting and we can apply it in our daily life. The teaching materials are clear and simple! Thanks Dr. Reivich!

By Manuele S

Mar 10, 2019

Wonderful course. I found the content very useful, exactly what I was looking for. Also the presentation and the activities were great!

By Xu L

Oct 25, 2018

I've leaned so much from this course. Many thanks to all that have put effort in this course, including professors, staffs, and peers.

By Beth C

Nov 16, 2020

I loved how Karen was truly authentic in this course bringing together real life situations that really resonated with me. Great job.

By Judy L

Nov 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned some great tools that I will use in my personal life and in my professional life. Thank you!

By Fabiola B D L

Apr 19, 2020

I loved it, I'm so happy I chose this course to begin in Coursera. It has given me the tools I need to be a better version of myself.

By Malasri D

Jul 12, 2017

Thoughtfully designed, great examples from some fantastic people, and of course, a teacher who is truly passionate about her subject.

By Chicky F b P

Apr 6, 2020

Recommended for beginners to learn this positiove psychology for know how to challenge and recoverly quickly from the bad emotional.

By Michelle O

Jan 24, 2020

What an amazing course! I learned so much about resilience, but the best part was learning about myself. Can't recommend it enough!

By Elisabeth d R

May 2, 2019

I learned a lot, it was challenging and triggered me to think deeply over my behaviour and reactions. I really enjoyed the journey!

By Gary H

Mar 30, 2019

Very strong course for those desiring better inner strength, optimism, joyfulness, and better, deeper relationships in their lives.

By Mariela V E D

May 31, 2018

A great course for teachers, psychologists and any other person who wants to improve his skills on Resilience. Highly recommended.

By James D C

Apr 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very well put together using various media / lecture formats. Easy to follow along. Assignments were fun to do.

By Jingyu S

May 14, 2020

This is an informative and well-taught course with role plays to demonstrate some concepts andskills to apply to the real world.

By Mario E T A

Jul 2, 2018

Great module, this and the intriduction module have been the more constructive of all four received.This this is the best so far

By Gregorius W

Jun 9, 2018

It's giving you thorough insight for building and developing resilience. It;s also give practical intervention and clear sample.

By shabnam k

thanks a lot, for giving me a new view of optimism. skills to understand self and especially for getting out of thinking traps.

By Elaine F

Jul 9, 2017

Loved this. Resilience sits deep within the work that I do and I really enjoyed exploring this in further detail. Thanks Karen!

By Култынов А Ю

Sep 11, 2017

very nice course.It isone ofte best courses ere on edx, because of many exampls of different aspects with the real human live!

By Jane K

Jul 5, 2020

Really insightful course , added some really practical ideas and concepts to my tool kit both personally and professionally.

By Julia P

Apr 22, 2020

I loved this course! I felt that the material was engaging, but also extremely applicable to personal and professional life.

By Agota K

Jul 28, 2017

I've enjoyed all the parts of this course and I've learned so much I can use in my professional and private life. Thank you.

By Kinga

Aug 10, 2017

Wow, She is amazing teacher, I love they way she teaches, her style, stories, I feel bad to finish this one, I want more !!