Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

ZM

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

NJ

Nov 03, 2018

Very useful course in building up resilience. Will take time to work on these skills but this course gives a good grounding by providing lots of helpful guidance and tips. So glad I did this course.

101 - 125 of 297 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Sam R

Dec 18, 2017

Excellent course. Dr. Reivich provided a skillful balance of theory and practical application, which I found to be most important. Although I was familiar with some of the topics discussed, this presentation helped me "own" how to use the skills to improve my life and enhance important relationships. Highly recommend.

By Carol S B

Sep 24, 2017

Great class! Very engaging and educational.

By Ana P F P

Jun 05, 2017

Very good!

By Carmen O

Jun 20, 2017

It will help me for coaching, easy to understand the course.

I recommend it

By Lidia N D W

Jun 19, 2018

Excellent! :)

By Helen W

Jan 27, 2018

Excellent, Brilliantly presented - clear, concise, great summarising and practical tasks. Love the ongoing reading.

By Sharon D

May 06, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - I found it interesting, relevant, and applicable. I have already started implementing and sharing some of the suggested strategies to increase my level of optimism and resilience.

By KIMBERLY C

Jul 31, 2017

Outstanding! I highly recommend for everyone to take. Informative and interesting - I stayed engaged throughout.

By Taiki K

May 05, 2018

Very well-taught, useful, and practical. I truly enjoyed Dr. Reivich's style of teaching - it was very natural and friendly, but equally professional. Thank you very much for this experience!

By Eliane J

Jul 10, 2017

Dr Karen is beyound Amazing!

By Tamara L

Aug 12, 2017

Fabulous. Informative and interactive.

By Nala J

Jul 24, 2017

pretty nice course and help me deal my anxiety with resilience

By Gianna B

Oct 30, 2017

This has been a truly remarkable experience. Thank you so much Karen for not only the content you delivered but also the way you delivered it. I would highly recommend this course to teachers, parents and coaches.

By Rie N

Aug 26, 2017

Every lesson were an eye opener. Great examples with details on how we can actually work on ourselves.

By Jens H

Aug 03, 2017

Extremely insightful and rewarding. Thank you, Karen & friends.

By Rebecca E

Sep 09, 2017

Great pace, explanations and role plays to demonstrate the principle.

By Marcos M C

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent 100% +++, Karen has done an excellent job in sharing her knowledge through this course. And as she mentions, it is time to put into practice all these tools in daily life, personally and professionally. Being resilient is the basis of being able to become changes and be happy in life. Thanks, Karen we will stay in touch and be able to become my mentor in this Resilience skills.

By Robin L J

Dec 04, 2017

This is one of the best courses I've done! So many practical and implementable skills. Really great, in every respect.

Thank you to Karen and her entire team!

By Cristina M L C Y

Jun 08, 2018

Great course that helped me so much!

By Malasri D

Jul 12, 2017

Thoughtfully designed, great examples from some fantastic people, and of course, a teacher who is truly passionate about her subject.

By Lisa B

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent course for anyone and everyone to take! Applicable to every area of life! Thank you sincerely to all of those who made this course available.

By Култынов А Ю

Sep 11, 2017

very nice course.It isone ofte best courses ere on edx, because of many exampls of different aspects with the real human live!

By Manju

Jun 09, 2018

These lecture and reading has opened up a new gateway in my learning . How beautifully through role plays , lecture and aricles the concept of developing resilence skills was made so clear in minds . cheers to faculty for such an amazing course .Already started using all these in my individual counselling cases plus my group threapy .it was like walking through a treasure trove and understanding which jewels you posses and which you need to polish and curate :)))))

By Regan E

Aug 06, 2017

Taking this course was a gift to myself. The information I learned has already had an impact on the way I am thinking about resilience, the best use of my character strengths, and my being aware and sensitive to practicing Active Constructive Responses.

Resilience is my biggest challenge, and learning the specific ways of counteracting the effects of negative thinking, will benefit me, my family, and my coaching clients.

Karen Reivich, Ph.D., is a fantastic speaker and she presented the material professionally and with energy and down-to-earth enthusiasm. Her use of examples made the course that much more enjoyable.

If the transcripts from the course were contained in a book, I would run out and buy it!!

Thank you, Karen.

By Rob P

Dec 24, 2017

The content is a refresher of everything you need to hear to be a good, high-functioning human! I loved it, but just spent the course wanting the pace to pick up. Good material does that.