Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

NE

Apr 19, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

SB

Apr 07, 2020

Really very good course. I really recommend to complete all tasks and make a notes watching the sessions. The gained knowledge will help to build self awareness and stronger relationships with others.

451 - 474 of 474 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Auli K

Jun 28, 2020

Very good visiting guests with stories directly from their lives. A bit long for me, and lots to do, but otherwise very professional and clear presentation. I would have wanted more slides, so that it would be easier to refer back to the topics.

By Judith C

Jun 04, 2017

I did like the course and did learn quite a few things. I would have been interested in a more in-dept look at each part of the course and found the quizzes rather easy in comparison to other MOOCS I did from other universities. But I liked it.

By Lieven C

Oct 27, 2018

I thought I am pretty resilient, including being knowledgable on the theory, but this course has really helped me seeing resilience from different perspectives and enables me to better help people around me.

By Catalina P

Sep 28, 2017

Dr. Reivich is an amazing teacher and a warm and relatable human being. I would like to suggest the use of some slides, now and then, for the key concepts addressed in her videos.

By samridhi t

Apr 21, 2020

really amazing course, learnt a lot, really grateful to be part of MOOC where such incredible professors teach, it is an honor to learn from them

By Jianhua H

Sep 03, 2017

More detail and practical course with some introducetion on the theories. It might be better if some implementation cases can be added as Module 5.

By David K

Oct 09, 2017

Good course. Interesting. Only thing I would change is adding summary slides of the points the speaker makes. Other than than, I enjoyed it.

By Jyosthna G

Aug 31, 2018

This course is really insightful. Dr Karen Reivich 's course delivery was very engaging and it was fun learning concepts in the field.

By Sacbe A I E

Jun 08, 2019

Great course, I would love to have more visual material to organize the concepts. But overall it was very good.

By Edwin P

Mar 02, 2018

Very good course with great practical applications that can be used in your day-to-day interactions/living.

By Alessandra N

May 12, 2017

The course is good. Unfortunately several transcripts are missing. It would be nice to have them via email.

By Mustafa M

May 13, 2020

for those who are looking forward to being mentally and psychologically better this course is here for you

By yan l

Sep 29, 2018

Some tools are new and very useful, but the course doesn't provide a lot of new informations as a whole.

By Justin P

May 22, 2018

Excellent presenter. More rigor needed in ‘assessments’ perhaps? Thoroughly enjoyed it

By Jennifer E

Jan 31, 2018

excellent course! I greatly enjoyed the perspective and strategies presented here.

By Brian H

Jun 21, 2018

I found this helpful and Dr. Reivich explained things well.

By David W

Oct 22, 2017

Learned very practical tools.

By Elayne R

Sep 20, 2017

Really enjoyed the course!

By Halil O A

Nov 15, 2017

Highly recommend!

By Agnieszka S

May 22, 2020

Two first modules were super interesting, whereas the two last were a repetition of the course done with dr James Pawelski and dr Martin Seligman. I give this particular note feeling, that it could have been an amazing experience if more background knowledge was provided (here I refer to poorly built up Reading section with not working links to the specific literature). The visual side of the course was also poor, whereas dressing up some tables, putting in some scientific evidence, help a lot while acquring new information.

By Costantino S

Apr 01, 2018

I appreciated this course, but I believe it repeats many concepts already given in Martin Seligman's first course in this specialisation; I expected more focus on the actual topic of resilience.

By Anchit A

May 08, 2020

Although the content was good the presentation could have been a 100 times better. For me it was like a monologue and i kept on losing interest in videos very often.

By Shan F

Dec 12, 2019

There's a lot of theory behind the science of it (75% of the course is theory), but only 1 or 2 application methods per issue. A lot of the material is also repetitive if you have taken Course 1 and 2 of the Positive Psychology Course from U Penn.

By Andrew K

Jan 15, 2018

Maybe I lost patience with this course by now as I didn't study much of this one