Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

BS
Jan 22, 2020

Dr Seligman is a very charismatic professor. He presents the course in a very interesting and engaging way. I enjoyed the coursework as well as the reading. I will be delving further into the subject.

226 - 250 of 1,436 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Jaimie K

Dec 5, 2020

I was excited to start learning about positive psychology and this course was a good introduction. There is both an overview of the overall goals of positive psychology and research, as well as some practical tools you can start using right away.

By Martin V

Jan 5, 2021

I thought this course was very interesting and the subject matter highly compelling. I have read some of the books on the reading list or those referred to so the subject matter was very familiar. I would recommend that anyone take this course.

By Ankita O

Aug 8, 2017

This course provided a lot of insight into positive psychology. The introduction and the topics that followed were very interesting. I am a Reiki healer and feel that this course would help me a lot in helping people who come to me for healing.

By Danilea M C M

This has been a great course that has served me as a personal therapy and as a tool to improve my relationships with others. I would highly recommend to anybody needing to focus more in the positive outlooks in life and how to be a better you.

By JAVIER P

Apr 13, 2020

This is a great course because it not only provides with head knowledge of positive psychology, it also challenges you to act on that knowledge through the 4 weekly "Try It Yourself" activities. Professor Seligman is such a well of knowledge!

By Yousra M

Apr 28, 2020

Insightful, fun, inspiring to learn. You definitely gain a positive perspective on so many other fields. It opens you up to positive fields, experiences and your eyes in life to notice what is going on right in the world. Highly recommend it.

By Kelly P

Jun 5, 2019

This is a little heavy on the science and statistics side for me. I want to learn more about becoming more optimistic and resilient and less about the studies being done. It's still a good course with a lot of interesting information though.

By A G A

Jul 25, 2018

I highly recommend this course if you are really interesting in know more about Positive Psychology. This is a great course to start, Dr. Seligman and their students know about what they are talking about. So value for me. Thank you so much.

By Anna L V

Jun 15, 2020

This course is the most excellent course I had in my entire life as a student. Every learning is significant to our life. This course is life-changing. I am honored and grateful to be given the chance to take this course.

Thank you so much!

By Jack R

Jun 28, 2020

The course enhanced my knowledge of positive psychology with elaborate descriptions in articles, videos, and assignments. I will continue to learn more about the subject and believe that this course is a great foundation for further study.

By VENI. R

Apr 18, 2017

Taking this course has changed my outlook towards life and the world. Earlier, I used to blame everything for any problems that I faced, but now I've started to count my blessings for thousands of small happy things happening in my life.

By Ana D

Aug 10, 2020

A wonderfully made course! It's a basic course to well-being and everyone should give it a try. The lessons are very informative and the interaction with the other students and their experiences really wrapped the whole course together.

By Madubashini s k b

Jun 7, 2020

Good visionary in the world of psychology. These concepts and skills should be taught in every classroom and are a great path for anyone looking to improve their overall life experience. I wish I had learned all of this sooner. Awesome!

By Aditi k

Jun 6, 2018

a very basic and grounded understanding of what it means to look at the world from a different lens of positivity , hope and resilience and making it a better place . Insightful for psychologists to make a shift in their perspective .

By Amit A D

Feb 4, 2019

The course is very fulfilling personally to me. It validates the thinking I follow in my life. My only worry is that it should not come under the proverb of "Too Good to be true" as it really has a power to change the world around you.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Elodie D

Jul 5, 2020

A must-study to navigate through the world and enrich your life (and people's). So "simple" and yet ground-breaking, many thanks to Martin Seligman and his students for working hard to make our world a more optimistic and giving one.

By Vinod v

This course provides the theory, science, data based approach in building well-being and human flourishing. When you understand the theory and practice them and develop them as your habits you really get the benefit from this course.

By Jacob J

Apr 2, 2020

This and the science of well being course from Yale is something everybody should do. Full of practical applications to improve personal and the wellbeing of the whole society. Cant wait to do the other courses in the specialization

By Anagha D

Jan 12, 2020

The plus point for me is that the father of positive psychology is himself explaining about positive psychology. Questions prompted in the middle of the video is a great motivation o stay focused. I am happy to learn at my own pace.

By Linda C

May 8, 2019

Truly fascinating and informative. As a therapist, and as a human being, I will be focusing more on positive psychology and want to continue to grow in my knowledge and practice. Also, the positive education was incredibly exciting!

By ABDULATIF H A

Dec 17, 2020

The course was so interesting. I suggest to incorporate more examples and connections from the minorities, least developed and most understood parts of global population into the discussions, course modules, articles and examples.

By Stephanie M S

Aug 11, 2020

A worth while investment!

The course was broken down into easy to grasp modules that made the journey easy to navigate and digest.

Martin Seligman makes the information permeate in a way that you can't help but want to keep going.

By Brad C

Apr 25, 2017

I can't overstate how much I enjoyed this class. Coursera classes are so informative and convenient. This topic is very important to my life and career and I appreciate the insights and I look forward to studying it more deeply.

By Mary T

Nov 15, 2020

Completing this course has inspired me to make big changes to the work I do. I now have the science to back up my belief that people are much more than their problems or issues. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.