Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

RS

Dec 09, 2017

Very self-enhancing. Activities are fun and at the same time a good avenue for learning experiences. Very positive and student engaging. Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of this course =)

MK

Jun 17, 2020

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

226 - 250 of 1,317 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Jacob J

Apr 03, 2020

This and the science of well being course from Yale is something everybody should do. Full of practical applications to improve personal and the wellbeing of the whole society. Cant wait to do the other courses in the specialization

By Anagha D

Jan 12, 2020

The plus point for me is that the father of positive psychology is himself explaining about positive psychology. Questions prompted in the middle of the video is a great motivation o stay focused. I am happy to learn at my own pace.

By Linda C

May 08, 2019

Truly fascinating and informative. As a therapist, and as a human being, I will be focusing more on positive psychology and want to continue to grow in my knowledge and practice. Also, the positive education was incredibly exciting!

By Stephanie M S

Aug 11, 2020

A worth while investment!

The course was broken down into easy to grasp modules that made the journey easy to navigate and digest.

Martin Seligman makes the information permeate in a way that you can't help but want to keep going.

By Brad C

Apr 25, 2017

I can't overstate how much I enjoyed this class. Coursera classes are so informative and convenient. This topic is very important to my life and career and I appreciate the insights and I look forward to studying it more deeply.

By E N

Jul 26, 2020

I love this course, especially when an expert in science can advocate spirituality field and asked his team to give lectures about it. I am much appreciate it and grateful to him and his team for that.

Thank you, Dr. Seligman. :)

By Melissa D

Oct 01, 2019

The course initself was very therapeutic. It helped me understand how negative thoughts and emptions can contribute towards illness and suffering and how positive emotions and well being can contribute and ease the issues we face

By Angelina G

Jan 31, 2019

It has been informational and eye-opening. I have learned things that I didn't know before and have expanded my knowledge base. I have enjoyed the exercises, and found them simple yet powerful interventions for myself and others.

By Brian T

Jun 15, 2018

Positive experiences all round! It contains interesting material that is well presented, strategies that you can implement immediately and assessments that make you engage with the material. I would highly recommend this course.

By Mira k

May 08, 2020

I loved this course and would have happily done a longer note in depth courses

I look forward to starting my next course tomorrow! I’m looking at resilience as a follow up. Thank you for all that has been offered. I am grateful.

By Jessica R

Mar 22, 2020

It was such a pleasure to take this class and to gain a better understanding of the field of Positive Psychology. I greatly enjoyed listening to Martin Seligman and his associates as they shared their knowledge and experience.

By Daliborka T

Sep 15, 2019

If there is one course you need to complete, then select this one, please. It will give you many information on things as they are, as you know them, all in easy, well structured and clear, simple language. I truly enjoyed it.

By Nicola W

Jul 19, 2017

I learned so much through this course! The material was very interesting and the teachers very inspiring and engaging. I had a lot of fun and feel like I did not only benefit academically, but also personally. Thanks a lot! :)

By Vanessa B

I enjoyed the course, it was a good reintroduction to study after many years of not. I find it exciting that at last there is a positive use for psychology, including scientific methods and I look forward to learning more.

By Peter K K

Sep 12, 2019

This is a fantastic course for someone that wants to better understand what positive psychology is all about and points one further to understanding the value it can add to a person/people in the various issues they face.

By Lucy S

Oct 26, 2017

Very informative! very useful for my coaching profession - thank you! and wonderful the content is from the founder himself-martin seligman. A little too much focus on the journalism aspect. other than that - wonderful !

By Veronica C

Jun 09, 2020

I find this course very beneficial, it helps me establish the understanding that well-being and flourishing of individuals, communities and societies are achievable through positive interventions in positive psychology.

By ramachandra v

Jul 02, 2018

The course was easy to follow, engaging and had great references to very useful books and articles around positive psychology. Most importantly it was acting as a great differentiator in my life to increase well-being.

By Tara D

Mar 02, 2018

I loved this course. I would highly recommend it to anybody, whether or not they are interested in psychology - it's much more about how to live life well, and we all have an interest in that, no matter our profession.

By Anne M

Aug 30, 2020

Learned a lot. Presented in a fun and engaging way. Will be using Positive Psychology more in my professional and personal life. Thank you for sharing and for making Positive Psychology accessible to a broad audience.

By Rahime B A

May 08, 2020

It was very much fruitful, there are applicable practices for well-being in daily life. You also broaden your horizon learning different aspects of ‘positive psychology’. I look forward to enrolling the next courses.

By Analia A

May 22, 2020

Eye opener! Well delivered and lots of topics covered. I was pleased that most lessons were delivered by Dr Martin Seligman himself. Highly recommended this course and the whole Positive Psychology Foundation Course.

By Marina T

Jun 10, 2020

It's a great course and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in improving their life and outlook. The course is well structured and easy to digest for anyone without any specific knowledge in any field.

By Luis P R

May 13, 2019

A great course and very entertaining lectures. Obtain valuable insights and practices to think more positively, take control of your mind, and overall, understand what makes us happy and how to live a happier life.

By Renate G

Nov 29, 2019

Great introduction to positive psychology with tangible practices and great angles to think about and explore it. Interested to learn more, already purchased two additional books from Martin Seligman to learn more.