Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MP

Feb 28, 2020

Excellent and succint explanation of the history, objectives, trends and branches of Positive Psychology. And to learn with the man himself and other leading researchers is a one-of-a-kind experience.

BS

Jan 23, 2020

Dr Seligman is a very charismatic professor. He presents the course in a very interesting and engaging way. I enjoyed the coursework as well as the reading. I will be delving further into the subject.

126 - 150 of 1,319 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Srihari

Aug 26, 2017

A course that i am so glad that i took. Having being fascinated about this subject and the kind of changes that i am making in my life, this course itself has been a great positive intervention.

A big thank you to Prof Seligman and the entire UPen team along with coursera to broaden this science for the wellbeing of this world.

By Susan M M

Apr 23, 2017

I found this course to be useful and powerful in creating new (for me) perspectives in psychology. I also found it hopeful and inspiring, solutions-focused and simple. It gave a really good deal of self-focus type information - the kind that makes you want to know more and also makes you feel more grounded in your own identity.

By Marisol A

May 15, 2019

wonderful introduction to this exciting field on Psychology... I definitely learned about my personal character strengths which helped me to really view myself and what I offer the world in a different way. Additionally, I had never heard of PERMA and I loved the concept so much, I shared it with my connections on social media!

By Keren E

Apr 12, 2020

As a practitioner and avid student, I truly enjoyed this course. It takes a very interesting turn in the second week and begins to delve into the applications and future of positive psychology. These are all as promising as they are fascinating. I mean, who doesn't want to think up ways to make people and communities happier?

By Lidia N D W

Dec 02, 2017

I love to see Seligman talk, and all the good vibes and emotions about a better world. Positive Psychology is about human connectedness, hope and optimism about a better world. I loved the links, the tests, the literature and videos that was showed in this course. I saved all of them and certainly I will be back to them.

By Winona

Jul 14, 2017

I have been reading about positive psychology for a while now and this is such a great way to get a deeper dive into the actual science behind it. I liked that the course pulled in a number of different voices, stopped for reflection and allowed us to see the thoughts of people going through the course at the same time.

By Maggie H

Nov 17, 2017

Excellent course! Eye opening. The course has covered many new research findings and useful tips on how to improve well-being. It is a well balance of theoretical base and practical application.

Enjoyable lecture videos too. Prof. Martin Seligman is a great teacher to speak on behalf of the field positive psychology.

By Tracy D

Feb 04, 2018

I was very inspired by learning about the history of positive psychology and its many applications. I also love the experiential component of being tasked with doing the interventions, and enjoyed how we were able to share our experiences with one another. Looking forward to continuing with the rest of the courses!

By david s

Jun 20, 2017

I have already read Professor Seligman's book- Learned optimism. I have used the learned helplessness concept in my daily practice and would love to do more research on it in the field of diabetes (420 million people live with diabetes). This course gave me many new ideas and insights that i will explore further.

By Khaled A

Dec 05, 2017

I have just finished the second week, however the course is very very interesting and it is amazing to sit and listed to Dr. Seligman. I am totally engaged and I think I have entered flow state. Just attending this course boosts your positive emotions. Thank you for the very beneficial and interesting course.

By Vandana K

Jun 14, 2018

Martin Seligman, father of positive psychology is a genius. I recommend this course to everyone - people working (or even not working) in any field or domain. It provides a basic knowledge of well-being, and if done seriously has the power to completely alter the way you conduct yourself on day-to-day basis.

By Patricia S

Mar 29, 2019

Excellent information in the groundbreaking field of Positive Psychology. The videos are incredibly informative and I highly encourage to participate in all of the exercises to help get the most from this course. Let this be the stepping stone in your journey into Positive Psychology, Health, and Education.

By Stacy K

Jul 02, 2020

The Positive Psychology course introduced concepts of Positive Psychology's impact on education, resilience, journalism, health, and theology. The areas of Positive Education and Resilience were the most interesting to me. I am interested in applying these practices with my grandchildren and young people.

By JoAnn T

Nov 03, 2017

Excellent course! The lectures are interesting, with multiple speakers. The articles helped with understanding the bigger picture of the subject material, while the quizzes were useful to pinpoint what I had absorbed. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to know more about Positive Psychology.

By Chris L W K

Mar 18, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course conducted by Dr. Martin Seligman. The course lessons and materials were easy to understand and assimilate in order to apply them in our daily lives and monitor our state of Well-being. I am greatly encouraged and motivated to complete the four remaining modules. Thank you.

By Dila W S

Jun 09, 2020

The course is very easy to understand, and the best thing is the exercises are given to the participants so that they can apply them in real life. I hope I can study Positive Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania in the near future and learn directly from Prof. Seligman and the other instructors.

By Shilin L

Sep 25, 2020

This is such a well-designed overview course to help me for the first time understand what Positive Psychology entails as a academic field. Moreover, I started to explore more tools and resources to carry my study. Hearing directly from Prof. Seligman in a virtual setting is such a pleasant experience.

By Vince T

Mar 19, 2018

Wonderful overview of the current state of the science of Positive Psychology. The work has advanced sharply since Seligman's first couple of books on the topic, and this course covers a high-level overview of all aspects of the science and applications.

Can't wait to move on to the next in the series.

By Tofail A

Jun 18, 2019

Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science: It will be very helpful for all of us. But especially those who are working in field of of MHPSS they will get a concrete knowledge of positive psychology for sure. I am doing this course with full of hope. You can get this opportunity .

By Tierney B

Jul 14, 2020

This is a thorough overview and a great introduction into the world of Positive Psychology, the intervention, and some of the areas of study! Learning from those currently in the field helping to shape it into the best that it can be is inspiring. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Highly recommended for all!

By Nora S

Dec 29, 2019

What an amazing course! Mesmerising, eye-opening, life changing. Can highly recommend for anyone. The nuggets of information is relevant for becoming a better partner, better parent, better co-worker, better founder, better politician, better neighbour, better human citizen. Well-done Martin & team.

By Anna Y

Jul 25, 2018

This course in such a short time provides a huge amount of knowledge and information. It's not just theory but a lot of techniques and exercises that you can apply in your life. I'm very grateful to the whole team and Prof. Martin Seligman especially for the huge work they've done. It's incredible!

By Angela E

Aug 05, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed the diversity of perspectives on this topic, as well as the abundant incorporation of research results. Also appreciated hearing from a variety of people. I will be internalizing and practicing what I have learned with a plan to move forward in taking the next course. Thank you.

By Ronan C S

Feb 16, 2019

This is an excellent over view of the foundations and pillars of Positive Psychology.

The videos are short and engaging and there is plenty of supporting information to take away for further reference. In addition there are examples of some of the most recent ground breaking research material.

By Lingfei S

May 25, 2018

It is a great course. Dr. Seligman started from his own personal experience and offered us a full picture about how he was guided to the theory of positive psychology. From the learned helplessness to the notion of positive psychology, it is helpful to understand the initial ideal of his theory.