Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

JK
May 5, 2021

This is not a course for educational purposes only. This course will change the way you look at yourself and your relationship with society forever. Take it, and encourage your friends to do the same.

126 - 150 of 1,611 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Sourav B

May 26, 2021

I am very much happy to have been taken this course by Martin Seligman. I am always inclined to learn and read more about human behaviors, emotions, thoughts and well-being. Well, this course has been an wonderful start to my inclinations. I am also quite interested to make a world a better place by whatever ways I can and I am pretty sure positive psychology will make a great difference in my life ahead.

Thanks!

By Franco A B S

May 14, 2020

Un excelente curso para incrementar el conocimiento sobre los fundamentos de la Psicología Positiva y sus aplicaciones en ámbitos como el periodismo y otros ámbitos profesionales, que podrían ser un aporte en la mayor difusión de este movimiento que ha tenido un notorio incremento en los últimas décadas.

Asimismo, aporta investigaciones que permiten profundizar en los conceptos de esta ciencia para su desarrollo.

By Elizabeth F

May 13, 2020

I was delighted, stimulated, and excited that I could have the opportunity to take this wonderful course online and not have to go to Philadelphia. I learned a lot and was very interested in all the applications of positive psychology in our society. I am taking course two and am enjoying it as well.But of course I wouldn't know of this course if I hadn't take Martin E.P's Seligman's Visionary Science course .

By Maureen S

Jun 13, 2021

E​xcellent introduction to Positive Psychology - great opportunity to learn from Dr Marty Seligman, truly a visionary for a new approach to well-being, and to addressing life's challenges! This online course kept the process engaging, with interspersed exercises and quizzes, to facilitate learning. I hope to incorporate many of its principles and strategies in my daily work ... as well as in my personal life!

By Gunda S

Feb 29, 2020

I loved it. It engaged me and I felt the urge to continue working on it as much as possible. Well structured with Videos AND text to re-read and take notes. Good mixture of videos and readings. I also liked the personal assignments and inclusion of opinions. The lengths of each part , videos and texts, were very manageable. It was nice to have a few different presenters and also links to other sources.

By Yuxian S

Nov 1, 2019

This course is wonderful in that it provides a comprehensive view about the development and implications of positive psychology, which is relatively new but very useful. I gained many insights on our well-being and the influencing factors. I was inspired about the infinite possibilities this subject has and aspire to further advance the course by introducing it to more people and doing research as well.

By Alexis B

Dec 17, 2017

This was an amazing course. I would recommend it for any beginners who wish to know more about Positive Psychology, it's history and where the future is going. Having some knowledge of psychology can be helpful as there are terms referenced in the modules that are related to that industry, but I think the average person can figure it out. Thank you for creating this informative and inspirational course.

By Arushee G

Apr 15, 2020

The course is an excellent introduction to positive psychology which was very much expected as it was being delivered by Prof. Martin E. P. Seligman. It offers insights into what has been done so far and what are its future directions. Personally, I am interested in applying positive psychology in the field of higher education or organizational research and this course had given me a good head start.

By Pandey N P

Feb 2, 2019

One of the best courses I've ever taken till now! I did not know anything about Positive Psychology before enrolling to this course, but after completing it I feel, everything taught in the 4 weeks duration has helped me a lot to improve my physical and mental well-being. It has truly given me a new perspective to look at day-to-day activities going around us. I strongly recommend it to everyone :D

By John D B

Aug 8, 2019

I loved this course and the pure insight on life I gained. I have been taken psychology at Royal Melbourne and I felt that I attained more in this course. The models work and I have already effectively put them to work in my daily life. I would suggest this course to anyone in any field of study. Martin Seligman is a wonderful teacher and has a way of talking that makes you process the information.

By Shen Y (

Mar 6, 2020

So blessed to be able to have Dr Seligman's Positive Psychology Course- So many new concepts and knowledges in my mind, PERMA, VIA strenghs makes me know better my Strength and how to use better my top strength to fix the challenges, and 3 blessings before sleep habits and help others can increase our well being etc. I will apply all these into my life to inspire others to have better well-being.

By Thiptapone Y

Apr 29, 2020

The three most exciting or important things that I will be taking away from it with myself after I have reached the end of this course are 1) the way to create and simplify flourishment in my life. 2) Stable with positive mind to grow up my health body and reach to well-being life in the end. And 3) Keep and save to do something like philanthropic experience that a symbol of gratitude to people.

By Michael M

Aug 31, 2020

An excellent introduction to the broad science of positive psychology. The format and content is laid out well and offers a good overview of how far reaching this perspective can actually be.

What I appreciated most is that you can take as much out of the material as you put in; you can skim and get the gist, or you can dive deeply into the ideas and become far more informed than you expected.

By Raphael H d S P

Feb 27, 2019

Excelente curso não apenas para estudantes de psicologia, mas também para todos os que se interessam por desenvolvimento humano. É uma área de estudos nova e que vai além do tratamento de problemas psicológicos, pois é uma abordagem de caráter preventivo e que já se ramificou para outros setores da cultura, como educação, jornalismo, etc. Um campo muito promissor para o futuro da humanidade.

By Sin M

May 6, 2020

The information in this course was revelation after revelation and really inspired with the knowledge of its practical applications out there in the wide world. Personally I also gained lots of knowledge and found the activities useful in restoring my own experience of PERMA daily. Thank you Dr Martin Seligman and colleagues for all of the wonderful contributions you are making to humanity.

By Malva D R

Sep 20, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the first course. I learned so much about Positive Psychology and its impact on the world of science. I have always wanted to take a course on Positive Psychology and this course is helping achieve my goal. It was amazing. I discovered all of the different ways that Positive Psychology as impacted health, journalism and using social media platforms to collect data.

By Magnus K

Jun 9, 2018

Lots of this course is of course the natural of who I am a natural ingredient based on a happy childhood, great friends, long relationships, but it also rewealed a gret deal about new foundings and possibilities, especially at times that has started to appritiate the oppositeMy qoute "When the world tells you you are a bad boy, tell it like it is not bad not bad at all and with a smile"

By U B R

Nov 8, 2020

I have been able to identify and apply the few important strengths of mine, to comfortably glide along the not so comfortable situations that occurred during this short while. I wasn't successful every time. But with practice i am sure this skill will be soon learned and become a part of me.

Martin E.P.Seligman's Visionary Science is a good start of the Course in Positive Psychology.

By Jessica L B

Jul 31, 2019

Thank you for this course opening up my eyes to living more from a psychologically positive disposition. I hope to continue this rewarding coursework until I receive the completed specialization. This a great course, and it helped me immensely with reaching my personal goals to maintain optimism, and imagination, and my professional goals to become creatively employed in this field.

By Pranav K

Jan 20, 2020

A marvellous course indeed! Positive Psychology is such a great, novel and proven concept that can bring magical improvements in our perception, thinking, feelings, behavior and relationships; transforming our whole life. The course modules are sequenced nicely that enable better learning. This course should be undertaken by all. My sincere thanks to Martin Seligman and his team.

By Peter T B

Jul 11, 2017

Incredibly well taught. this is a relatively new concept in human psychology and I for one am going to pursue it when I finis my Masters degree.

Dr. Seligman is so easy to listen to as he lectures. He makes it interesting and draws many pictures of his theories for you that you can't help but understand.

I highly recommend this course and any other dealing with Positive Psychology.

By Liliana G

To me it was a great introduction into positive psychology, its foundations, interests, scope, future and applications…from individual assistance to community behaviour and broad media communication, to me it portraits an idea of how to look at your life and your world, proposing deep insights and ongoing exercises to enhance ownership to our own and our society’s wellbeing.

By RJ

Oct 20, 2020

The course is about a groundbreaking field in psychology taught by the father of Positive Psychology himself, Martin Seligman. Before this course, I had no idea what Positive Psychology but I was more and more immersed as the course went on. Apart from being a fulfilling learning experience, I am sure that this course was truly beneficial to my overall mental well-being.

Feb 21, 2020

I really enjoyed this course in Positive Psychology. While it was just an introduction, you get a range of really in-depth research and learn the power positive psychology can have on an individual, community, and even nation. I am grateful for the impact this has had on my life and feel that I have more understanding and tangible skills to practice this in my own life.

By Andrea P

Mar 2, 2018

This course is valuable if you want to grow more as a person. It will provide you with much information and practical tools to increase your own well-being and will provide food for thought about how you could contribute to the well-being of the larger community both in interpersonal relationships and in a professional capacity. I would recommend this course to anyone.