Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MK

Jun 17, 2020

A perfect course for aspirant Positive Psychologist. This course change the way I perceive the challenges of life. Learning the Theory of PERMA is very fascinating and beneficial for happy well-being!

RS

Dec 09, 2017

Very self-enhancing. Activities are fun and at the same time a good avenue for learning experiences. Very positive and student engaging. Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of this course =)

151 - 175 of 1,314 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Rebecca W

May 03, 2020

Fantastic introduction to positive psychology. I took this during Covid-19 while in isolation and I found it useful on two points. 1. For allowing me to take stock of the good going on around me in the chaos. 2. Motivating my coaching career and helping to boost my enthusiasm again in this area.

By Violeta L

Jun 10, 2020

A truly uplifting and inspiring course which encourages you to explore further into this amazing field of Positive Psychology. It excites you to learn more, improve your knowledge and your understanding but also your practice of well-being and flourishing, of yourself and the world you live in.

By Priya S

Sep 20, 2019

excellent course, I feel this is the best way to get to know about positive psychology. Certain courses when you complete you tend to forget after it gets over, but this certainly doesn't. It keeps you engaged throughout and even after the course gets over the lessons become part of your life.

By Susan M

Jul 23, 2018

Great course. Felt I learned enough to help me understand something about this field and the direction it's going in. It also gave me some wonderfully useful tools for improving my own life. Well worth it - felt like I learned from the very best - the one and only Martin Seligman! Thank you.

By Rye

May 04, 2020

I have learned a lot from the founder of Positive Psychology himself Marty Seligman from the PERMA framework of wellbeing to the evolution of Positive Psychology from Past, Present and Future applications to the world. Keep up the good work and more power to the team who put up this course.

By A. S

Apr 02, 2020

I absolutely LOVED this course!!! It was so inspiring at all levels, so enlightening. It was a pleasure to listen to all the presenters. I have never had a course before in which I just never wanted to stop listening. Thank you so much for this big gift you have given to us and to the world!

By Faith E

Feb 01, 2019

this course offered a lot of history about positive psychology...I had no idea how far reaching it is and how my fields of study have stemmed from it. I have learned practical interventions that I can use in my personal and professional life to create sustained happiness. Highly recommended!

By Danilo P d S

Sep 07, 2020

Curso incrível, pude compreender sobre esta nova abordagem da psicologia, e ficar muito entusiasmado sobre as áreas de atuação, desde a psicologia, educação, jornalismo, clinica, e realização pessoal, muito obrigado por este lindo curso, e que venham mais conhecimento sobre a área Positiva.

By Nil D

This was a great course. It was designed very well. There was a good mix of videos, readings, and discussion prompts, and assignments. The content was truly life changing. This course can be made even better by adding some more up to date content from the last four to five years. Thank you.

By AKHIL S

A great practical course where you can learn the topics from the father of Positive Psychology,

Three key take away's from this course are 1) Learned optimism to better health 2)Positive psychology and healthy ageing 3) Positive psychology , spirituality ,and well being and their relation

By Chrystall J

Aug 06, 2020

This was an excellent course. I would recommend this to anyone that has gone through the Army's MRT course. I enjoyed the lectures, the supplemental reading and have a short list of books I can't wait to read. I also enjoyed the material on positive education and constructive journalism.

By Jinxin M

Jul 18, 2020

This course is a high-level and gentle intro to positive psychology. Students got to learn how this branch of science was created and how it has developed over the past few decades. As a science, its theories are supported by evidence or experiments, which are really refreshing to learn.

By Margaret B

Feb 21, 2020

Every single person should consider taking this course to improve their personal lives and the lives of loved ones, friends and others in their community. This course instilled in me a burning desire to learn more about Positive Psychology and how I can use the knowledge to help others.

By Tara L

Dec 24, 2018

I wish I knew about Positive Psychology when going to school. I would have majored in Psychology. Instead, I steered away form psychology because I didn't care for the outdated material presented. I wish I would have stuck with it to get to the good stuff like presented in this course.

By Battulga M

Jul 09, 2017

I personally enjoyed this class so much, it is both informative and fun. I've been looking for what degree to do for my graduate studies, and I think I found it from this program - constructive journalism. Thank you Dr. Seligman and all of the professors who contributed to this course.

By Leticia S

Feb 21, 2019

I loved this foundation course. It gave me an understanding of this new scientific study of Psychology. I have always been interested in Psychology, but didn't completely agree with the focusing on the past so much. I do find this is the perfect area I want to focus on to help others.

By karen b

Apr 07, 2018

I learned a lot about how to bring a new positive perspective to my thinking about therapy, psychology and being. I enjoyed learning about the tenets of positive psychology, practices that can shift my perspectives and practical applications for my work life, society and culture.

By Robert O

May 29, 2017

A great course! Fun, easy to understand, a great update even for psychology students on the Positive Psych field, useful exercises/practices each week to take away, a lot of sense of future potential and emerging research areas within this domain.

Marty is slow talker, just FYI...

By Tang T W

May 09, 2017

I have heard about positive psychology, but with this course I am able to learn that this had been carried out in other countries and effect has been scientifically studied; also I have learnt that other fields that are practising this positive psychology and it is impressive.

By harsha v

Sep 13, 2020

This course offered me a qualitative understanding of positive psychology and well-being. Martin Seligman approach of explaining classes and examples exciting and creating more interest in psychology. I am glad for choosing this course. I recommend others to take this course.

By Eileen

I was doing the free course a while ago (almost a month) and asked for economic help, I got it and did all the tests and homeworks to get the certificate, and I got to see if I remembered everything, it turns out, it stays in the mind long term! Highly recommend this course.

By natasa g

Oct 30, 2018

I encourage for those who struggling with negative view of life, and challenge your self to see the positives in life. this course help be to be more grateful and gives me some hands-on practical tips to do in daily basis to keep me being positive. this is a start. thank you

By Dieter K

I enrolled during the COVID lockdown, a very negative period.

During this time I have watched neighbours and friends lose their jobs and homes, and now this has hit me too.

This course is keeping me sane, giving me positive outcomes not only for others, but also for myself.

By Camila R R

Jun 08, 2020

I learned a lot and it is very useful. As a psychology student, I would like to highlight the importance of this kind of content. I wish we had more of it in school, but unfortunately that's not the case. This course is actually my favorite course of all my career so far.

By Andreia A R d A

Feb 22, 2020

The course is excellent and has added many learnings. I felt even more urged to continue studying and deepen my knowledge about Positive Psychology and specialize in this area. I thank Coursera for providing me with such a valuable experience. I recommend it to everyone!