Back to Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science by University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. Seligman and his colleagues at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center and Master of Applied Positive Psychology program. There are no prerequisites....

MP

Feb 28, 2020

Excellent and succint explanation of the history, objectives, trends and branches of Positive Psychology. And to learn with the man himself and other leading researchers is a one-of-a-kind experience.

BS

Jan 23, 2020

Dr Seligman is a very charismatic professor. He presents the course in a very interesting and engaging way. I enjoyed the coursework as well as the reading. I will be delving further into the subject.

201 - 225 of 1,319 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science

By Ngoc-Ha L V

Apr 30, 2020

A very detailed and inspiring course. This course is taught by the father of psychology so it is easy-to-understand. Also, the materials are helpful and I love the resources button in the course which provide me with tons of books and reading materials.

By Alena L

Feb 08, 2020

First of all, Martin Seligman is a very good speaker, and I really enjoyed videos from his lectures. This course opened a lot of new things in psychology for me, which I was anawear before. It is good structured and has parsonal and professional value!

By Alan S

Oct 27, 2019

This in an excellent course! I feel grateful to have been part of this course, the content is exciting, prospective and necessary in our world today. The coursera delivery applications are exceptional; both website and app are responsive and intuitive.

By Mahua S

Feb 07, 2020

This is a new field and I am so excited to learn about the great potential that this science has in restructuring education and health policies. The course was engaging and the educators were able to communicate clearly and meaningfully. Thank you!

By Andini J

Nov 25, 2019

I enjoy taking this course and I took a lot lesson through positive psychology that I could apply into real life. The module, the topics and the examples are well delivered by the coach. Thank you! I'll go with the next step of Positive Psychology.

By Cellie

Aug 23, 2018

This course opened my eyes and gave me in-depth knowledge on positive psychology and its applications. This has helped me help my clients change mindsets, set new goals and see themselves in better light. I cannot wait to finish the specialization.

By Rick W

Apr 29, 2017

This was an exceptional course. I enjoyed the presentation, exercises and assessment. Not only did I gain from an academic perspective, but more important, I gained personally and will use these skills to facilitate collaboration and help others.

By Hazel S

Aug 30, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I am inspired by the possibilities, that creating a global environment of well-being, can bring for all of us. Positive psychology, positive education and positive health should not be overlooked in any community.

By Ramon d T

May 01, 2020

I love this course. Prof. Seligman was a fantastic discovery and his teaching will contribute to my life development. I have been impressed by the experience of Dr. Alejandro as well: his experiences on the field must have been terribly enriching.

By Joseph C

Nov 23, 2017

Muy bueno. Es necesario ampliar la explicación negativa que se tiene de los fenómenos humanos. Me ha permitido conocer esta ciencia en desarrollo y ampliar mis conocimientos como psicólogos. Estoy interesado en conocer más el abordaje terapéutico.

By Ankita O

Aug 08, 2017

This course provided a lot of insight into positive psychology. The introduction and the topics that followed were very interesting. I am a Reiki healer and feel that this course would help me a lot in helping people who come to me for healing.

By Danilea M C M

This has been a great course that has served me as a personal therapy and as a tool to improve my relationships with others. I would highly recommend to anybody needing to focus more in the positive outlooks in life and how to be a better you.

By JAVIER P

Apr 13, 2020

This is a great course because it not only provides with head knowledge of positive psychology, it also challenges you to act on that knowledge through the 4 weekly "Try It Yourself" activities. Professor Seligman is such a well of knowledge!

By Yousra M

Apr 28, 2020

Insightful, fun, inspiring to learn. You definitely gain a positive perspective on so many other fields. It opens you up to positive fields, experiences and your eyes in life to notice what is going on right in the world. Highly recommend it.

By Kelly P

Jun 05, 2019

This is a little heavy on the science and statistics side for me. I want to learn more about becoming more optimistic and resilient and less about the studies being done. It's still a good course with a lot of interesting information though.

By A G A

Jul 26, 2018

I highly recommend this course if you are really interesting in know more about Positive Psychology. This is a great course to start, Dr. Seligman and their students know about what they are talking about. So value for me. Thank you so much.

By Anna L V

Jun 15, 2020

This course is the most excellent course I had in my entire life as a student. Every learning is significant to our life. This course is life-changing. I am honored and grateful to be given the chance to take this course.

Thank you so much!

By Jack R

Jun 29, 2020

The course enhanced my knowledge of positive psychology with elaborate descriptions in articles, videos, and assignments. I will continue to learn more about the subject and believe that this course is a great foundation for further study.

By VENI. R

Apr 18, 2017

Taking this course has changed my outlook towards life and the world. Earlier, I used to blame everything for any problems that I faced, but now I've started to count my blessings for thousands of small happy things happening in my life.

By Ana D

Aug 10, 2020

A wonderfully made course! It's a basic course to well-being and everyone should give it a try. The lessons are very informative and the interaction with the other students and their experiences really wrapped the whole course together.

By Madubashini s k b

Jun 07, 2020

Good visionary in the world of psychology. These concepts and skills should be taught in every classroom and are a great path for anyone looking to improve their overall life experience. I wish I had learned all of this sooner. Awesome!

By Aditi k

Jun 06, 2018

a very basic and grounded understanding of what it means to look at the world from a different lens of positivity , hope and resilience and making it a better place . Insightful for psychologists to make a shift in their perspective .

By Amit A D

Feb 04, 2019

The course is very fulfilling personally to me. It validates the thinking I follow in my life. My only worry is that it should not come under the proverb of "Too Good to be true" as it really has a power to change the world around you.

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Elodie D

Jul 05, 2020

A must-study to navigate through the world and enrich your life (and people's). So "simple" and yet ground-breaking, many thanks to Martin Seligman and his students for working hard to make our world a more optimistic and giving one.