Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

151 - 175 of 1,399 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Arijay P

Apr 24, 2020

This is an exceptionally beautiful course that has been very thoughtfully designed to not only build a solid intellectual understanding of the concepts behind positive psychology relate to positive emotions... but also to gain an experience of them oneself.

By Karen

May 22, 2016

Thank you so much Barbara. So much of your course content resonated with how I try to live my life and connect with people I encounter. The science behind it is very encouraging and validates that approach and to keep moving and growing in that direction.

By Dokku P

May 13, 2020

I had a great experience in understanding the positive psychology. I understood myself better, know how to create positiveness around me . I followed the experimental activities and got to analyse in a better way. I will keep this learning and spread it.

By Marian P

Feb 11, 2016

A fantastic course to develop knowledge on positive psychology, and will really help me and my clients. Barbara is excellent, and this course is very easy to follow and understand. Have already been recommending it to my colleagues. Thanks from the UK!

By Mary D T

Jul 17, 2020

This course totally change my outlook on emotions and positivity. I totally agree that most courses in psychology focuses on what is or what went wrong. This focuses on what is and is going right which is a fresh take and outlook psychology and science.

By Cyril R

Mar 19, 2018

Great mix of theory and practice. The course is lively as this is a podium discussion between experts around Barbara Frederickon. And there is practice along the way, very practical with weekly experiments. THE PERFECT MIX. Experiential! Many thanks!!!!

By Akhila S P

Apr 28, 2020

I am extremely happy for having chosen Positive Psychology. It instills in me a sense of positivity, to see the bigger picture and to see the positive aspects in any situation. I am thankful and grateful to Dr Fredrickson and her team for this course.

By Avinash C

Jun 11, 2020

It was great getting to know the other end of our lives true science.

The content and the things that are in this can shape you into a better human and a better society.

I am also happy that I became a part of the positive ripple in the world with this.

By Ruby R B

Aug 29, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course: I really enjoyed it, especially how the information was presented in a way that makes it easy to use in your daily life. Definitely recommended and I look forward to a second installment of Positive Psychology on Coursera.

By Javier A

Sep 20, 2015

Often positivity is seen as a "kumbaya" thing. Having science support for some facts is great for me since I often need the facts.

But this course goes beyond that, offering some tools to increase positive emotions in your life. I highly recommend it

By Tomek C

Oct 5, 2016

It's a great course. I would like to give it 4.5 stars, so I rounded it up...

If you liked this course, I really recommend the Harvard open course in Positive Psychology with Professor Tal Ben-Shahar, which was recorded in 2010 or 11, and is online.

By Nadia K

Aug 14, 2020

I found this course really eye opening. I am now more aware of my emotions and the effect my actions and words have on those around me. I am now aware of downward spirals and before it goes any further, I take a step back, reevaluate the situation

By Nooruddin B M

Aug 14, 2018

An Awesome Experience with lots of learning. Its also provided an avenue for understanding self and healing self. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Dr. Fredrickson and all those who are working and spreading the science of positive psychology.

By SHAHNAZ A

Sep 1, 2020

This course is really amazing ,everyone should enroll for this.

Now i really know what is positive psychology and i am going to use this course every assignment in my daily life .

Now i am going to drive tiny engines of micromoments in my life !!

By Lisa S

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent course filled with real-life applications on how to increase a feeling of connectedness and joy. Well-presented, interactive, and applicable to anyone interested in psychology, neuroscience, or just basic wellness. Very worth the time.

By Angélica M M M

Jul 20, 2018

Estoy muy contenta y agradecida con la Doctora Fredrickson por compartir su conocimiento en plataformas digitales que están al alcance de toda la población. Los conocimientos vistos serán intensificados en mi persona y compartidos con los demás.

By Lucila N D

Nov 17, 2020

It was a very enjoyable and informative course and class. It really widened my knowledge of positive psychology. Thank you to Ma'am Barbara, may God will bless you more, and also to the Department of Science and Technology for thus opportunity.

By Farah S

Oct 2, 2020

I personally thinks this is a great course overall, Dr. Fredrick son is a very great instructor. She take the time to pause in between sessions and give you the opportunity to be free minded. I'm happy I've completed this course I learnt a lot.

By Mohammad M

Jul 12, 2020

Really this is a very good course on positive psychology which is helpful for our own health and mind as well as others.In this course has some theoretical and practical works which are helpful for a person to lead a happy and potential life.

By Keith P

Jun 27, 2019

Outstanding insights into science of positivity. Excellent insights on loving kindness. We need to make sure this information becomes more distributed to our senior living communities, helping improve the quality of life for so many seniors.

By Sophie H

Sep 12, 2015

Excellent! Really well presented, in a way that keeps me interested intellectually inspired, as well as emotionally. And some fascinating information about the impact of positive thinking on health and well being. Also, how simple it is to do.

By Christina T

Feb 11, 2016

Great course material for casual study. This class is not at all demanding but has a lot of useful materials that we can apply in our life. The quiz questions are too simple and obvious but I guess that is not the purpose of this course :)

By Satish S K

Aug 17, 2020

Amazing Course... I really Loved it.. In the course rightly mentioned half knowledge on Positive psychology is really bad... It has completely changed my perception on various topic... I will surely share the knowledge gained with others.

By sebnem d

Oct 29, 2015

I loved this course mainly because I enjoy looking at the straights instead of the problems. Furthermore, I loved the discussion bored mainly because I had the opportunity to help others and myself by contributing my thoughts and feelings.

By MAGDALENA S F D L B

Sep 16, 2020

Muy interesante, te entrega herramientas que puedes emplear en tu día a día para entender mejor la psicología positiva, lo recomiendo especialmente en personas que intentan recuperarse de alguna situación difícil que hayan tenido que vivir