Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

BA

Sep 03, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

51 - 75 of 1,348 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By renjit m

Amazing and very enriching course.It gave lots of new insights.Well structured.Thank you Coursera and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for offering this course online.

Thank you Dr.Barbara Fredrickson for sharing your knowledge,wisdom,expertise and experience in such a simple and well articulated manner.Appreciate your enthusiasm,energy and commitment in imparting the lessons and taking the field of positive psychology to a new level.

By FRANCIA E C F

Jul 15, 2020

Es uno de los mejores cursos que he realizado , ha cambiado mi forma de actuar y de pensar en relacionarme con las demas personas, familia, amigos y compañeros, es algo sorprendente como nos hacemos daño nosotros mismos, me ha enseñado a amarme ha ser mas feliz, mas amable y amoroso, la meditacion es algo fenomenal prepara tu dia para que sea mejor.

Gracias mil Gracias por su conocimiento compartido ojala logren contagiar a millones de personas

By Subir K G

May 06, 2018

This course is the beginning of my journey to positivity and explore further within me as well as all around to make life full of joy and happiness for all in mind, body and spirit. It is the joy in giving to others much more than making only myself happy. Real happiness lies in making others happy by exploring positivity resonance in every possible opportunity. This short course helped me to navigate my journey of life at this age of 74.

By Fernanda V

Este curso te permite cambiar la perspectiva sobre las emociones. Tiene un enfoque científico fundamental y abre el espacio para reflexiones profundas, prácticas y un entendimiento de la importancia de el desarrollo social, humano, colectivo a partir de un buen entendimiento de estas emociones. Adicional es un estudio genial para entender procesos de trabajo en equipo, reconciliación, procesos de resolución de conflicto entre otros.

By Ivan M

I truly loved this class. I enjoyed the collaboration and discussion during the presentations. Understanding how positive and negative emotions are embodied was truly eye opening. In the last two years, I have been focused on mind/body medicine along with psychology. This was a wonderful complement to a field that I’m passionate about. I highly recommend this class, learning about love/kindness will be transformative.

By Claire L

Dec 07, 2015

I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to bring more positivity into their lives. I learned a lot about the field of positive psychology, and I was really happy that a big focus of the class is on practical applications of positive psychology. I also appreciated the small-group setting - it made the class very pleasant and actually made me feel more connected to the course. Thank you Dr. Fredrickson!

By Shivani D

May 09, 2020

First of all I would like to Thank you Dr Freidrickson you are really an awesome faculty that I have ever seen.If I say about the course it is very meaningful,knowledgeable,informative.Moreover,the exercises were very helpful to understand the course content.I joined it as not a course only but to bring some significant change in my personality which I really imbibed .Once again thank you so much ,God bless you Mam

By Δέσποινα Γ

Feb 09, 2016

This course is a sufficient way to improve your capacity of being yourself by improving your relationships with othes and let possitive and negative emotions too,be embodied and not just abandon them.This course will help you totaly find yourown way to cope with stress and anxiety and will give you advice on how your immune and your cardiovascular system will flourish by experiencing emotions as they come to us.

By Jacqueline S

Jun 01, 2016

Great course. I have been recommending it to friends and family. The seminar style effectively keeps the course dynamic. I came away with a thorough understanding of how positive emotions promote health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and psychologically, generally and personally. Additionally, there are numerous exercises and practices that allow the students to apply the principles into one's own life.

By Navin K K

Nov 19, 2018

I have learnt many things about positive emotions and psychology which shapes once personality and attitude. It was interesting to see that through positive emotions, how one can interact with people and it can be nutrient for once health. Dr. Barbara was a awesome teacher who could communicate her ideas very clearly. Thank you so much madam. your lesson motivated me to do some research on positive psychology.

By Michelle F

Jul 20, 2019

The content of this course was clearly delivered, enlightening and engaging. The format was easy to navigate and kept things interesting-- I really appreciate the conversational component and getting to learn more about the work and applied applications of each guest. Participating in this course was a valuable use of my time. I am inspired and plan to continue learning about the field of positive psychology.

By Gabriella A

Nov 21, 2016

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken, and it really had a positive influence on my own life. Dr. Frederickson beautifully weaves together the importance of cultivating positivity with a scientific explanation on how doing so is possible. This class is particularly useful for anyone who is inclined to coaching, psychology, and self-development. I would take this course again in a heartbeat.

By Ilaria B

Nov 06, 2016

I totally enjoyed this course. As a PhD student in Developmental and Social psychology, I'm interested in researching about teachers' wellbeing and emotions at school, and this course gave me some great ideas about how to improve and focus my research. Moreover, it gave me some great suggestions about improving my personal wellbeing by applying some positive psych principles in my daily life.

By CARLOS E A D L R

Oct 07, 2020

Nuevamente lo escribo:

Que importante es la Psicología Positiva, ya que a partir de este momento será motor fundamental en mi vida, a la vez que para todos aquellos que se encuentren en mi entorno o a mi alrededor.

Quiero agradecer a cada una de las personas que hicieron posible mi crecimiento personal a través de este diplomado y con la fe que seré un buen embajador de este magnifico proyecto

By Ela G

Apr 12, 2018

The course is taught with kindness and thoughtfulness and has a strong academic backbone moving it from the touchy-feely type program to a solid, scientifically researched one. It is quite rewarding to know that science supports the fact that love abounds and can be captured if one just pays attention to the beautiful little moments around us. Great learnings and presented vert nicely.

By Wasana F

Aug 06, 2020

This course gives us a broad vision of positivity, emotions, love and how to closely connect with others and how to balance your psychological, physical, spiritual and social wellbeing through the positive Psychological knowledge.

I am grateful to Dr Babra and other resource persons who engaged with this course.

&

I would like to thank, The University of North Carolina and Coursera.

By Namrata

Aug 19, 2015

Wonderful Course , Amazing way to present it in very simple format , Got to learn true meaning of love, gratitude , micro-moments. It gave me new perspective about Positivity . Instead of "being positive" in every situation , which is not possible in many situations , "Being Open" in any situation really worked for me to be more Resilient while living my Imperfectly perfect life .

By Kathleen S

Mar 05, 2019

The science is so strong and well presented. The meditations are enriching even for a long-time meditator. The assignments skillfully make the applications to "real life" and finally, the supporting resources offer a treasure trove of additional information and scholarship and tools for maximizing the possibilities of positive resonance.

Thank you Dr. Frederickson and team!

By Mingyi X

Feb 17, 2017

Really fun class to take! A great introduction to positive psychology! Lots of hands-on activities to experience psychology in real life! A very inspiring course too! I learn to appreciate more about friendship, family and love. Very well paced but tons of useful and interesting information in each short video. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in psychology!!!

By Flavio W

Sep 28, 2020

The course is excellent. The dynamics of the course lead us to a very concrete interaction and to a question on what level we are interacting with ourselves and with each other.

The course provides various tools, insights and exercises to enhance a life full of love and appreciation. My gratitude to Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and the others involved and participants.

By Jonas M

Aug 17, 2020

Took this during the pandemic to try to be more positive and it really made me realize how negative I have been feeling lately, so it was a great reminder that we can control / influence our emotions. lol a lot of the lessons focused on being connected with others... which is hard right now, so I cant wait to connect with others and feel positive when this is over!!

By Tabitha P K

Aug 30, 2018

Positive Psychology is a brilliant course. Its simple and has a good continuity. What i liked most was the simple tips that are give that can be worked out to make not only your life better but make a positive difference to others. Positive emotions and the positivity resonance made so much sense. i loved the course and of course it has made me rethink my ways .

By Karen v M d S

Apr 19, 2020

Really well organized course to get you into the principles of Positive Psychology and the scientific findings of what emotions and specially gratitude and love are. I am really grateful for the opportunity to know the real life behind science as I followed the reasons that took professionals involved in this course, to study and draw into Positive Psychology.

By Jenny B

Jan 15, 2020

This course was interactive, research based and highly engaging. I found many practical strategies that I can take to increase my own personal sense of positive emotions, though that was an added bonus. I was fascinated by the way in which the instructor wove all sorts of connections between positive psychology and other fields. I highly enjoyed this course.

By Syatiul I

Aug 08, 2017

It's great. I've learned so much by taking this course. I once a girl that was so hard to express my feelings probably because i didn't understand them completely. But, after i took this course and learned about that loving kindness meditation, now i begining to lean how to control my emotion and how to express my gratitude towards other people and such.