Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

51 - 75 of 1,556 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Liliana C Z

Jan 25, 2020

I think this is an amzing course that anyone could take; not only people who wants to teach or who wants to be a coach or who wants to help others, but people who want to improve themselves. This is a great opportunity to have new knowledge about positive psychology and how this can help you in your everyday life. This is just great to improve yourself as a human being and to learn how to be even more grateful in every momento of your life, how to extend your positive emotions and how to deal with the negative ones.

By Nubia G

Nov 6, 2015

Me gustó mucho el contenido del curso. Me encantaron los recursos pedagógicos que utilizaron, y la docente que se nota en pleno dominio de lo que hace; su trayectoria es admirable y me siento agradecida de estar en contacto con sus bastos conocimientos a través de la tecnología.

Adicionalmente, felicito a Coursera por la manera tan profesional de administrar la capacitación a distancia. Termino muy satisfecha, muy entusiasmada de completar los otros cursos en los cuales estoy inscrita y seguir con más.

By Satish K K

May 20, 2017

Excellent ... Best opportunity to learn , master, and get transformed..... with ORIGINAL researcher....We in India have been practicing since ages as the embed framework of chaturashram and Hindu lifestyle.... Recommended for all..... to reduce negativity...enhance positivism and save earth ......not less important than green environment....to protect..... Satish K Kushwaha, MS,MPhil(Psy),BSc;...;...;...;...; PSA(UK) ACCREDITED HYPNOTHERAPIST ON CNHC (UK) REGISTER. NEUROSCIENCES RESEARCHER.....

By Aprajita R

Aug 30, 2017

An essential course for everyone! I loved the way lectures were given. The presence of a group made me feel as if I'm a part of a class and greatly improved my interaction, motivation and willingness to not only complete the classes but also do the experiential assignments. I gained knowledge not only about the field of positive psychology but insights about my own life and behavior as well. Many lessons have stuck with me and I have applied them to my daily life. Absolutely loved the course!

By Shaun L T G

An excellent course! I really enjoyed the conversational style that Dr Friedrickson adopted. The lessons are not too long and easy to follow and peppered with real world examples (both from herself and her team of four guests). The key concepts like positivity resonance, loving-kindness meditation, and the like, are easily broken down. Readings are short and informative and the weekly experiments are also very fascinating. This is one of the best courses I have done on Coursera!

By sonal m

Oct 10, 2020

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE COURSE. LOVE THE IDEA OF ENJOYING THE MICRO MOMENTS THAT WE USUALLY TEND TO OVERSEE. ALSO AGREE THAT MEDITATION PLAYS A VERY IMPORTANT ROLE IN OUR LIVES. I ALWAYS START AND END MY DAY WITH GRATITUDE. REALLY LOVED THE REMAKING LOVE TALK BY DR. FREDRICKSON ! TIME FOR US TO LOOK AT LOVE IN A DIFFERENT WAY AND TO HELP AND BE KIND TO PEOPLE IN OUR DAILY LIVES . THIS WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND REFERESHING COURSE . THANK YOU DR BARBARA FREDRICKSON FOR THIS.

By Jaison K

Oct 5, 2020

I take this opportunity to thank my instructor Barbara L Fredrickson for her relentless effort to impart the knowledge on Positive Psychology. I benefited from her course and and want to share the positive energy that I received from this course. I also thank Coursera for giving the opportunity for doing this course. Once again a special thanks to my instructor and the university of north Corolina at Chapel Hill.Yours faithfully Jaison Kuriakose Sent from my iPhone

By DUPREY

I very much appreciated the progressiveness and pedagogy of the course.

I found it very practical with many exercises to do on a daily basis.

Scientific and accessible

Concrete and practical

I would like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time for this course, thank you for identifying, posing and sharing.

It is a precious gift for spreading and infusing positive psychology throughout the world.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

By Rory G

Dec 7, 2015

This course is organized in such an interesting way, it gets across the major points very quickly. It is very much a surface-level course in terms of the science, but that's exactly what I wanted. I want to be able to apply immediately, rather than get bogged down in the science.

This course is phenomenal and the material is extremely important. I've created changes in my life from the course already, including prioritizing positivity, and especially love.

By Ale M

Jan 12, 2020

I enjoyed and learned great knowledge about positive psychology. As my first time ever knowing about it, I think this was a wonderful introductory course. It is also amazing the benefits that some of the weekly practices had on my life. Indeed, in positive psychology, you have to experience it yourself in order to learn it. Thank you for this wonderful course, I'm inspired to learn more about this field and psychology in general. Thank you, Dr. Fredrickson

By vai k

May 21, 2017

There is so much more to learn about Positive Psychology. This course has not just taught me how to make time for the micro moments of positivity in my life but also inspired me to learn more, to have a deeper knowledge about this positive psychology. Dr. Barbara Fredrickson is a fairy Godmother and her team is just amazing. The magic/ happiness they bring to others' lives with just their words, is quite admirable. I loved the course. God bless you people.

By Jeannine T

Nov 6, 2018

Fascinating, inspiring, and practical introduction to positive psychology.

Learn the health benefits of positive psychology; learn to identify, nurture and savor positive emotions; discover helpful practices that will take you deeper and help you apply the principles to your own life; learn how to start an upward spiral and open up your mind to real possibility of change; bring more love into the world with micro moments of positive resonance. All good!

By Tony R

Oct 3, 2017

This was my first experience of a MOOC and I approached it with an open mind and with no particular expectations. I have been interested in positive psychology for a while now and wanted to find out more. This course was perfect for me, it made me think, challenged established views and whilst it is a big statement, I think in the long term, this will make me a better person more in tune with others who I interact with. I highly recommend this course.

By renjit m

Amazing and very enriching course.It gave lots of new insights.Well structured.Thank you Coursera and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for offering this course online.

Thank you Dr.Barbara Fredrickson for sharing your knowledge,wisdom,expertise and experience in such a simple and well articulated manner.Appreciate your enthusiasm,energy and commitment in imparting the lessons and taking the field of positive psychology to a new level.

By FRANCIA E C F

Jul 15, 2020

Es uno de los mejores cursos que he realizado , ha cambiado mi forma de actuar y de pensar en relacionarme con las demas personas, familia, amigos y compañeros, es algo sorprendente como nos hacemos daño nosotros mismos, me ha enseñado a amarme ha ser mas feliz, mas amable y amoroso, la meditacion es algo fenomenal prepara tu dia para que sea mejor.

Gracias mil Gracias por su conocimiento compartido ojala logren contagiar a millones de personas

By Subir K G

May 6, 2018

This course is the beginning of my journey to positivity and explore further within me as well as all around to make life full of joy and happiness for all in mind, body and spirit. It is the joy in giving to others much more than making only myself happy. Real happiness lies in making others happy by exploring positivity resonance in every possible opportunity. This short course helped me to navigate my journey of life at this age of 74.

By Fernanda V

May 16, 2020

Este curso te permite cambiar la perspectiva sobre las emociones. Tiene un enfoque científico fundamental y abre el espacio para reflexiones profundas, prácticas y un entendimiento de la importancia de el desarrollo social, humano, colectivo a partir de un buen entendimiento de estas emociones. Adicional es un estudio genial para entender procesos de trabajo en equipo, reconciliación, procesos de resolución de conflicto entre otros.

By Zainab S A

Nov 9, 2020

The group method of teaching and learning provided incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom! There was practice, application, and theory all combined together. The entire course was very inter-disciplinary in it, it effectively integrated elements of molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, food and nutrition and health and fitness with empirical data. I look forward to being part of such an amazing network of people!

By Ivan M

May 9, 2020

I truly loved this class. I enjoyed the collaboration and discussion during the presentations. Understanding how positive and negative emotions are embodied was truly eye opening. In the last two years, I have been focused on mind/body medicine along with psychology. This was a wonderful complement to a field that I’m passionate about. I highly recommend this class, learning about love/kindness will be transformative.

By Claire L

Dec 7, 2015

I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how to bring more positivity into their lives. I learned a lot about the field of positive psychology, and I was really happy that a big focus of the class is on practical applications of positive psychology. I also appreciated the small-group setting - it made the class very pleasant and actually made me feel more connected to the course. Thank you Dr. Fredrickson!

By Shivani D

May 9, 2020

First of all I would like to Thank you Dr Freidrickson you are really an awesome faculty that I have ever seen.If I say about the course it is very meaningful,knowledgeable,informative.Moreover,the exercises were very helpful to understand the course content.I joined it as not a course only but to bring some significant change in my personality which I really imbibed .Once again thank you so much ,God bless you Mam

By Δέσποινα Γ

Feb 9, 2016

This course is a sufficient way to improve your capacity of being yourself by improving your relationships with othes and let possitive and negative emotions too,be embodied and not just abandon them.This course will help you totaly find yourown way to cope with stress and anxiety and will give you advice on how your immune and your cardiovascular system will flourish by experiencing emotions as they come to us.

By Jacqueline S

Jun 1, 2016

Great course. I have been recommending it to friends and family. The seminar style effectively keeps the course dynamic. I came away with a thorough understanding of how positive emotions promote health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and psychologically, generally and personally. Additionally, there are numerous exercises and practices that allow the students to apply the principles into one's own life.

By Carl R

Apr 17, 2021

This was a fantastic course! The instructor did a great job. The course had an effect that will resonate with me beyond the class and carry through into my life, refocusing the orientation of my daily interactions. I feel like I not only learned things, but more significantly, I learned IMPORTANT things! Thanks to Dr. Frederickson, and all those involved in sharing this much needed material with the world.

By Navin K K

Nov 19, 2018

I have learnt many things about positive emotions and psychology which shapes once personality and attitude. It was interesting to see that through positive emotions, how one can interact with people and it can be nutrient for once health. Dr. Barbara was a awesome teacher who could communicate her ideas very clearly. Thank you so much madam. your lesson motivated me to do some research on positive psychology.