Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

SJ

Dec 15, 2019

Thi was a very useful subject, with good examples and experiences, weekly exercises that assisted me to reflect on the teachings and the further readings to take my understanding to the next level.

101 - 125 of 727 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Sophie H

Sep 12, 2015

Excellent! Really well presented, in a way that keeps me interested intellectually inspired, as well as emotionally. And some fascinating information about the impact of positive thinking on health and well being. Also, how simple it is to do.

By Christina T

Feb 11, 2016

Great course material for casual study. This class is not at all demanding but has a lot of useful materials that we can apply in our life. The quiz questions are too simple and obvious but I guess that is not the purpose of this course :)

By sebnem d

Oct 29, 2015

I loved this course mainly because I enjoy looking at the straights instead of the problems. Furthermore, I loved the discussion bored mainly because I had the opportunity to help others and myself by contributing my thoughts and feelings.

By Sumedh C

Jan 21, 2016

Great overview of positive psychology in a clear, concise, relatable and understanding manner. This has been an eye-opener for me and has ensured that I choose and embrace Positive Psychology in my post graduate education as much as I can.

By Halil O A

Sep 16, 2017

I am very glad to attend this course. Thank you very much to all team who prepared that course. Special thank to Dr. Barbara Fredrickson! I am strongly determined to learn more about Positive Psychology and try to live in my life more...

By shivani m

Jan 27, 2016

It has been an excellent source of learning. I am taking the time to read the books that are recommended with the course thus the learning is richer. The formats used of video, supplemental reading, quiz etc are useful and spot on. Thanks

By Sonia E R

Jan 05, 2018

Lots of topics with research information and a talk in an easy language that allow every person to learn in this course . And the professional in mental health is too very useful because give an extra reading very interesting to explore

By Isabel F

Feb 12, 2018

Apart from the theoretical background, the course includes quite a lot of practical aspects, that are useful to focus better on positive emotions. I really value this and for that reason can only recommend the course very, very highly.

By Alberto F C

Jun 26, 2017

Absolutely amazing approach to positivity, I always felt that it was something strong and very important in my life, but this course broadens your mind about positive feelings, their effect and how to get into a healthier feeling diet.

By Shalini R

Dec 17, 2019

It was an amazing experience. Over the course of these weeks, my relationships have improved with my family, friends and co-workers. I now smile at strangers on the road, and have learned to connect with people from all walks of life.

By Milton H

Jan 09, 2016

A terrific course that has helped me change my life. I really liked the mindfulness medication exercises. And I'm reading Dr. Fredrickson's books on positive psychology. The positive energy this brought into my life is fantastic!!

By 褚瑜丰

Nov 14, 2015

I really like psychology, and I want to be a psychological consultation teacher. Maybe now even my mentality is not very psitive, but I am trying to change my opinion of upset, I am trying. And the teacher teaches us how to upward

By Paul M

Jun 03, 2018

Excellent Course! Positive psychology is an emerging science that has proven its efficacy via simple strategies to remodel the mindset of a negatively wired brain to rewire neuro associations that have positive healthy outcomes.

By Ircel H

Apr 19, 2018

An excellent course which will benefit a person no matter what their profession. Great insights about personal growth as well as solid information about research into positive emotions. The format is engaging and informative.

By Esther R K

Mar 05, 2018

I am super glad that I took Dr. Barbara Fredrickson's course! The material was challenging, but also well organized and provided for an excellent opportunity to learn. I am excited to be a part of anything that she has next.

By Anna R

Dec 22, 2017

Beautifully set and and I like the way the content is 'chunked'. Concepts are accessible and the small group seminar feel really makes you feel like you are part of the discussion. Overall, a fantastic introduction to PosEd.

By Natalia O

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you for such wonderful course! The time, I've spent with lessons of professor Barbara Fredrickson, was one of the best moments of my last years. I appreciate its practical side and good scientific experimental basis!

By Shree G M

Oct 03, 2016

The course gives u a number of examples, where u are just making a different choice to be not happy and u just have to flip the coin ...and everything would be AMAZING. A very good course, thank you professor and COURSERA

By Karina

Oct 18, 2015

Amazing course. It was an amazing idea to have people being present on a lectures, as it made it more live and closer to real lectures.

Overall course opened for me new, different side of psychology I never thought about.

By Manolis S

Aug 22, 2015

Excellent teaching of a very interesting subject! I experienced some technical problems with the camera authentication (which I believe is unnecessary) but even attending only the video lectures, the course is excellent!

By Paramjit K S

Nov 10, 2015

I have just completed week 5 successfully. What a eye-opening positive course which I have found has helped me in my personal life as I have introduced new things as a result. Very worthwhile doing, presented well too

By Ancizar P T

Jan 22, 2017

I greatly enjoy learning and the material , plus the teacher are amazing ways to learn how to gain self confidence and ways to help yourself and others enter the ascending spiral of positivism! I am loving this course.

By arianna p

Jan 19, 2017

I liked the setting of the course, with interaction of other professionals on a round table. They way Friedrickson approaches the topic is clear, engaging and inspiring. The best course I have enrolled for in Coursera.

By Julia A B

Jul 05, 2017

I really recommend it. It is a simple course that gives you a good sense of what positive psychology is, its main aspects and concepts; and it also stimulates you to put in practice some of these notions in your life.

By Шакира М

Mar 15, 2020

Thanks for this course! He put a lot into place and launched an amazing process of accepting himself and positive-based confidence! It was no coincidence! I'm already sharing with loved ones. The waves are diverging.