Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

126 - 150 of 1,392 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Rie N

Apr 19, 2017

Great course. Gives new perspective to ordinary daily life, enriches not just yourself but others life, the potential is limitless. I'd like to implement into my daily life and somehow form a habit. Its easy to miss whats right in front of you. Would definitely recommend to others.

By Victoria F S

Mar 30, 2020

I have been fascinated with psychology since I first heard of it from visiting students to my high school from Duke University! It is most compatible with the way I am wired. Thank you for more information and understanding (and other tools) I can use in real life. -Victoria

By Helen H

May 17, 2017

This was an eye-opening course. Not in the way that the data seems inexplicable or revolutionary but just the easy way it is presented and how acheivable it seems for everyone to actually make a change that can contribute not only to ones own health but also to society. Thank you

By PETER P M

Aug 14, 2020

This course taught me how it is important for me to value the love I am receiving now. This love that I receive from having to interact with others is something that can be healthy for me and also for others. I do hope I can continue with that mindset. No person is an island. :)

By Andrew R

Jan 18, 2016

Great course that really highlights, with science to support, the tangible benefits and methods of pursuing positive emotions and thoughts. Definitely not a "lovey dovey" course, but rather a rich scientific approach to understanding and applying positive emotions and thoughts.

By Trilisa O

Oct 27, 2015

Barabara Frederick has been a pleasure to learn from in these modules. I have really enjoyed all of them, and have recommended them to several people. I was introduced through an intro to positive psychology class I am taking for my masters in positive psychology/life coaching.

By lillykainz

Jan 21, 2016

Great course, thank you for making possible to learn such interesting topics, that in Dr. Barbara Fredrickson words, enable us to "broad and built" better persons and environments.

THANKS COURSERA , Without your free resources and commitment we couldn´t get to knowledge!!

By Petr B

Jul 10, 2020

Prof. Barbra is a legend in "Science of Happiness" alias Positive Psychology. Was great to experience her in 'action' during this course. I would definitely recommend anyone interested in this subject - and definitely to anyone 'new' trying to understand what this is about.

By Kathy C U

May 31, 2017

The Positive of Psychology serves as a life coach advice to any youngsters or working professionals. This is also serves as an idea about the ideological of positivity. So in what extremes are we become delusional positive, or being positive and realistic at the same time.

By Nelly H A

Sep 11, 2020

I think that if more person in the world have practice the Positive Psychology our world will change. If inside us we remove and cultivate best feelings, or acts or positive moments with the people around us the world for our childrens or for the future human will be safe

By Manya J

Jul 23, 2020

Well curated content by Dr Barbara. The pedagogy is really nice. The ideas of positivity resonance and appreciating micro moments of positivity has brodened my perspective of looking at life. Now savoring these tiny engines of positivity are a priority in my daily routine.

By Shikha R T

Nov 7, 2017

Great Perspective on positive psychology. Was keen on taking something up on coursera on this topic and I am glad I chose this one! It is detailed, well paced, provides great examples and the activities help you to reflect on what you have studied. Totally worth your time.

By Tania R R

Mar 17, 2016

This Course is very helpful, and healthy for our daily life of living as well to others that are around us.

Thanks to Dr Barbara F, and everyone to contribute with their knowledge to improve quality of life.

I have enjoyed this course since the beginning. Thanks very much !

By Adam S C

Jul 21, 2016

Very interesting course, especially the first half. The last week's material is really just common sense.

I greatly enjoyed the reading material that was attached to some of the topics. For me it helps to the digest the information both by reading, and watching lectures.

By Gökçe H A

Jul 24, 2020

To be honest I have been struggling in my life because of my mental health and this course had really good inpact on me. Also this course give me aspect of looking life in other way. I t was really good and helpfull course I will definetly suggest this course to others.

By Aradhita K

Its a really good course to learn and know about the basics of Positive Psychology and its benefits in one's life including interesting assignments and a really good an effective Loving-Kindness meditation with good guidance towards a positive knowledge of Positivity.

By Marcelle V

May 31, 2016

It is a great course with scientific researches and data that made me find Positive Psychology interesting. I just finished the course and bought four books about it to get to know it better. Thank you Coursera and Dr. Barbara Fredrickson for this amazing opportunity.

By Vanita p

Aug 29, 2020

Thanks Barbara for bringing this topic into our lives. This course has covered very deep topic in very precise and simple way. I am very delighted and feel blessed after completing this course. Well done Barbara and million thanks for insights given in this course.

By MESNIL

Sep 2, 2019

J'ai vraiment apprécié ce cours en ligne. J'ai pu suivre le cours à ma vitesse d'apprentissage n'étant pas "fluent in english". c'est un cours clairement exposé, facile d'utilisation avec un ordinateur. Il m'a apporté beaucoup d'information et d'outils à utiliser.

By Sara Y G

Dec 1, 2017

I become very knowledgeable about positive psychology after taking this course. Most importantly the course is designed with participants (user) in mind. It is not all about theory. I learnt many useful skills that I can apply to life right away. Highly recommend!

By Salwa M

Nov 8, 2020

Excellent beginner course about positive psychology- simple and format of interactivity makes it enjoyable..all members: professor and the rest of the team have added to my knowledge and experience in the topic and enhanced my skills..thank you Dr. Fredrickson..

By AMREEN S 1

A life-changing, eye-opening, perspective-shifting, MUST-TAKE Course. The best course in Psychology I've attended so far. I literally cried when Dr. Fredrickson concluded the course. The one course I'd love to do over and over and over again. Simply the best,

By Suzana C

Apr 25, 2017

This is a great course for introduction and further understanding and also how to apply "tools" to create inner warmth. Thank you Barbara for sharing this with us. I have started to do LoveKindnessMeditation on regular basis. It works.

Feeling grateful. Suzana

By Ekta S

Jun 6, 2020

Absolutely Brilliant course. The concepts are very well articulated and not just theoritical but backed up with scientific research and examples.

Lot of unlearning, learning and re-learning was involved but I thoroughly enjoyed the Positive Pyschology course.

By Arijay P

Apr 24, 2020

This is an exceptionally beautiful course that has been very thoughtfully designed to not only build a solid intellectual understanding of the concepts behind positive psychology relate to positive emotions... but also to gain an experience of them oneself.