Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

126 - 150 of 1,630 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By ANDREA L D T

Dec 1, 2020

The positive psychology movement and its ripple effect, made me feel like I'm part of something much bigger. It taught me to appreciate and be more aware of the important moments that I let go or simply ignored and now I know that those micro moments, as mentioned by Dr. Fredrickson, can have the ability to change the world.

By Adam C

Oct 31, 2015

Dr. Frederickson's work is the truth. It incorporates some of the keys to a better, happier life. While her theories are relatively young, and have yet to be reshaped and refined, they have encouraged me to reevaluate my priorities, and have given me some tools to help me reach the ultimate goal: true connection with others.

By Shawnte'-Amoure S

Sep 7, 2015

This is a great course that provides many tips, tools, and tricks, on how to make the choice of living a positive

life. The professor presents an entirely new way of viewing simple everyday issues or life challenges that allow

you to persevere in a more peaceful less stressful way. I am so happy to have taken this course.

By Alfonsus G

Jun 18, 2020

This course lets me know the importance of having positive thoughts. I also became aware that having positive thoughts is not a difficult thing to do. All the benefits and how to bring up positive thoughts for yourself and others will be learned and there is a practice of meditation too. I highly recommend this class.

By Zu V

Nov 9, 2015

An excellent introduction of Positive Psychology and a very generous delivery of the course. I would like to thank Dr. Barbara L. Fredrickson and her team because the coherent and friendly methodology. I have reinforce my ideas about the huge possibilities that authentic social connections could imply. Thank you all.

By sarah b

Nov 3, 2016

Brilliant course. This has truly added to my life in a very positive way! I plan to teach a lot of this to my Yoga students and will be creating a one day Yoga with positive psychology workshop to bring our next year. I look forward to reading the books on your list, especially Barbara's. Please do another course!

Sep 4, 2016

Really helpful to me on a daily basis, and motivating to encourage people I encounter during the day in similar positive directions. In turn, that has strengthened numerous work relationships.

Thank you for that, everyone involved had such great inputs and perspectives. That was also impressive, so thank you all!!

By Kelly S

Jul 3, 2021

T​he course was beautifully structured and delivered sensitively with awareness. The latest research on positive psychology was generously made available. I enjoyed the course immensely and l learned to facilitate the broadening aspects of positivity resonance. Thank you to Dr Barbara Frederickson and her team.

By Jocelyn L

Jan 27, 2021

Even if you are already a very positive person, or feel like you know a lot of this intuitively, the science really does make it that much more powerful. Also, Dr. Barbara Fredrickson is a great teach with a story that adds a lot of depth to the topic. Finally, great set up in the round table discussion format.

By Sharon

Aug 5, 2020

This was a brilliant course, the concepts taught has changed the way I think. I had a very unpleasant childhood and negativity was in a big supply. I am so glad i can rewrite my life by being intentional about positive emotions and maybe altering the chronic condition i live with. Thanks so much for this course

By magda r

Mar 3, 2016

Very usefull and easy going course. These information teach us a bit how to appriciate life, how to look for more positive perspective. It is enjoyable, it does not put to much presure, but the emphasis is on personal development, by that also social deveplopment around us.. Thank You, I wish You all the best!

By Lynx N

Sep 29, 2020

Rare is the course that is so well planned and delivered. I felt engaged throughout the videos and read much of the optional supplementary readings. It's nice to see a science-backed method of living a better life, and one that is even positive for others when you practice it. Highly recommend this course.

By Diana A H V

Dec 15, 2015

Este curso es una muy buena introducción a lo que es la psicología positiva y como podemos aplicar esto en nuestra vida cotidiana y laboral. Va más allá de si eres psicólogo o estas interesado en el área puesto a que lo que se aprende aplica también para la vida personal ayudando a un crecimiento personal.

By Bidisha C

Jun 24, 2017

I simply loved the course. The way it was explained citing day to day examples without using too much jargons made me internalise the concepts. In time even if I forget many of the course materials,I will definitely remember and apply most of the fundamentals taught during the course. very helpful indeed!

By Rohit m

May 13, 2017

An excellent course. Dr. Barbara Fredrickson shows the true depth behind positive emotions - how they are not just good for us momentarily but also how they are connected to our physical long term health and well-being.

A very well structured and delivered course ... loved it although I audited the course.

By Anoush D

Feb 14, 2019

i loved the course. Barbara Fredrickson is an amazing lecturer and i enjoyed every second of the course. I am planning to use obtained information in my work and to study and learn more about positive psychology especially about the way it works with children. Plus i am much more positive myself now :)

By Natalya G

Apr 29, 2019

i had no high expectations when i enrolled, but with each session my understanding of positive emotions deepened, bringing awareness and openness into my everyday routine and communications. i am also very grateful for Barbara Fredrickson for introducing scientifically-approved meditation into my life

By Jaison C

Mar 6, 2019

Barbara Fredrickson is a leader in the Positive Psychology movement for good reason. She is steady and measured in explaining and demonstrating her broaden and build framework as well as the importance resonating positivity. This offers decent insight into an important area of Positive Psychology.

By sumit g

Jun 9, 2021

This course has been really an enlivening experience for me. The way positive emotions has been described to be not biological but an experience of pleasantness or unpleasantness has ushered a new outlook. all lectures were well presented. Thank you for these micromoments of positive connections.

By Parteek

Apr 5, 2019

It was a great experience and learning to the things of positive psychology.The videos and lectures helped me a lot to go through the daily world life concepts of psychology very easily, I will be very greatful if I further get an opportunity to work or learn something new under these teachers.

By Jhonatan J A E

Feb 5, 2017

All materials are well organized. The seminar style Dr. Fredrickson chose for the course engages you as learner constantly and captures your attention. All resources recommended are extremely useful and the information is applicable to many contexts, from your personal life to any labour field.

By Maria d P D L C P

Sep 23, 2020

The course really allowed me to understand about the role of emotions in improving our well-being. The perspective of Dr. Barbara, in relation to the fact that positive emotions can be expanded and built to have more moments that connect us with others and allow us to be happier is motivating.

By Catherine Y X

Jan 26, 2018

This courses played a huge part in me getting my foot in the door of Psychology, Barbara has done a terrific job of linking science study to everyday life , enabling us to re-think, re-shape the inner power and emotion engines. I will continue my exploration of Positive Psychology with IPPA !

By Justin D

Oct 30, 2015

This course was absolutely terrific! The positive emphasis on everything that was mentioned has helped me to feel risen for I was "feeling down" there for quite sometime due to personal things. Thank You to Dr. Fredrickson and Coursera! Everyone involved are changing my life on a daily basis!

By Amanda T

Apr 21, 2021

Having dealt with depression recently, positive psychology has helped me to create an upward spiral in my life and really focus on the way I view connection with others. It has encouraged me to value the little interactions I experience daily being a stay at home mom and work at home parent.