Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

BA

Sep 03, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

151 - 175 of 1,343 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Cyril R

Mar 19, 2018

Great mix of theory and practice. The course is lively as this is a podium discussion between experts around Barbara Frederickon. And there is practice along the way, very practical with weekly experiments. THE PERFECT MIX. Experiential! Many thanks!!!!

By Akhila S P

Apr 28, 2020

I am extremely happy for having chosen Positive Psychology. It instills in me a sense of positivity, to see the bigger picture and to see the positive aspects in any situation. I am thankful and grateful to Dr Fredrickson and her team for this course.

By Avinash C

Jun 11, 2020

It was great getting to know the other end of our lives true science.

The content and the things that are in this can shape you into a better human and a better society.

I am also happy that I became a part of the positive ripple in the world with this.

By Ruby R B

Aug 29, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course: I really enjoyed it, especially how the information was presented in a way that makes it easy to use in your daily life. Definitely recommended and I look forward to a second installment of Positive Psychology on Coursera.

By Javier A

Sep 21, 2015

Often positivity is seen as a "kumbaya" thing. Having science support for some facts is great for me since I often need the facts.

But this course goes beyond that, offering some tools to increase positive emotions in your life. I highly recommend it

By Tomek C

Oct 06, 2016

It's a great course. I would like to give it 4.5 stars, so I rounded it up...

If you liked this course, I really recommend the Harvard open course in Positive Psychology with Professor Tal Ben-Shahar, which was recorded in 2010 or 11, and is online.

By Nadia K

Aug 14, 2020

I found this course really eye opening. I am now more aware of my emotions and the effect my actions and words have on those around me. I am now aware of downward spirals and before it goes any further, I take a step back, reevaluate the situation

By Nooruddin B M

Aug 14, 2018

An Awesome Experience with lots of learning. Its also provided an avenue for understanding self and healing self. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Dr. Fredrickson and all those who are working and spreading the science of positive psychology.

By SHAHNAZ A

Sep 01, 2020

This course is really amazing ,everyone should enroll for this.

Now i really know what is positive psychology and i am going to use this course every assignment in my daily life .

Now i am going to drive tiny engines of micromoments in my life !!

By Lisa S

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent course filled with real-life applications on how to increase a feeling of connectedness and joy. Well-presented, interactive, and applicable to anyone interested in psychology, neuroscience, or just basic wellness. Very worth the time.

By Angélica M M M

Jul 20, 2018

Estoy muy contenta y agradecida con la Doctora Fredrickson por compartir su conocimiento en plataformas digitales que están al alcance de toda la población. Los conocimientos vistos serán intensificados en mi persona y compartidos con los demás.

By Farah S

Oct 03, 2020

I personally thinks this is a great course overall, Dr. Fredrick son is a very great instructor. She take the time to pause in between sessions and give you the opportunity to be free minded. I'm happy I've completed this course I learnt a lot.

By Mohammad M

Jul 12, 2020

Really this is a very good course on positive psychology which is helpful for our own health and mind as well as others.In this course has some theoretical and practical works which are helpful for a person to lead a happy and potential life.

By Keith P

Jun 27, 2019

Outstanding insights into science of positivity. Excellent insights on loving kindness. We need to make sure this information becomes more distributed to our senior living communities, helping improve the quality of life for so many seniors.

By Sophie H

Sep 12, 2015

Excellent! Really well presented, in a way that keeps me interested intellectually inspired, as well as emotionally. And some fascinating information about the impact of positive thinking on health and well being. Also, how simple it is to do.

By Christina T

Feb 11, 2016

Great course material for casual study. This class is not at all demanding but has a lot of useful materials that we can apply in our life. The quiz questions are too simple and obvious but I guess that is not the purpose of this course :)

By Satish S K

Aug 17, 2020

Amazing Course... I really Loved it.. In the course rightly mentioned half knowledge on Positive psychology is really bad... It has completely changed my perception on various topic... I will surely share the knowledge gained with others.

By sebnem d

Oct 29, 2015

I loved this course mainly because I enjoy looking at the straights instead of the problems. Furthermore, I loved the discussion bored mainly because I had the opportunity to help others and myself by contributing my thoughts and feelings.

By MAGDALENA S F D L B

Sep 16, 2020

Muy interesante, te entrega herramientas que puedes emplear en tu día a día para entender mejor la psicología positiva, lo recomiendo especialmente en personas que intentan recuperarse de alguna situación difícil que hayan tenido que vivir

By Sumedh C

Jan 21, 2016

Great overview of positive psychology in a clear, concise, relatable and understanding manner. This has been an eye-opener for me and has ensured that I choose and embrace Positive Psychology in my post graduate education as much as I can.

By Halil O A

Sep 16, 2017

I am very glad to attend this course. Thank you very much to all team who prepared that course. Special thank to Dr. Barbara Fredrickson! I am strongly determined to learn more about Positive Psychology and try to live in my life more...

By shivani m

Jan 27, 2016

It has been an excellent source of learning. I am taking the time to read the books that are recommended with the course thus the learning is richer. The formats used of video, supplemental reading, quiz etc are useful and spot on. Thanks

By Rosy J l

Jul 17, 2020

I had a wonderful session and most importantly it was an interesting lesson that I was so into it. Not only that I really needed in my life to be positive in everything I do.. The way you explain was simple, clear and understandable too.

By Sonia E R

Jan 05, 2018

Lots of topics with research information and a talk in an easy language that allow every person to learn in this course . And the professional in mental health is too very useful because give an extra reading very interesting to explore

By Isabel F

Feb 12, 2018

Apart from the theoretical background, the course includes quite a lot of practical aspects, that are useful to focus better on positive emotions. I really value this and for that reason can only recommend the course very, very highly.