Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC
Jul 2, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

BA
Sep 2, 2020

This course entitled Positive Psychology changed my perspective in life and cultivated more positivity that will not only stregthen my social relationship, my personality, mindset but also my health.

176 - 200 of 1,630 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Gökçe H A

Jul 24, 2020

To be honest I have been struggling in my life because of my mental health and this course had really good inpact on me. Also this course give me aspect of looking life in other way. I t was really good and helpfull course I will definetly suggest this course to others.

By Aradhita K

Dec 31, 2020

Its a really good course to learn and know about the basics of Positive Psychology and its benefits in one's life including interesting assignments and a really good an effective Loving-Kindness meditation with good guidance towards a positive knowledge of Positivity.

By Marcelle V

May 31, 2016

It is a great course with scientific researches and data that made me find Positive Psychology interesting. I just finished the course and bought four books about it to get to know it better. Thank you Coursera and Dr. Barbara Fredrickson for this amazing opportunity.

By Heather K

Sep 18, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It helped me to think about emotions in a new way . I intend to continue to do some of the activities that I was taught in these lectures. I want to become more positive myself and I think this will help me in my life coaching business.

By Vanita P

Aug 29, 2020

Thanks Barbara for bringing this topic into our lives. This course has covered very deep topic in very precise and simple way. I am very delighted and feel blessed after completing this course. Well done Barbara and million thanks for insights given in this course.

By MESNIL

Sep 2, 2019

J'ai vraiment apprécié ce cours en ligne. J'ai pu suivre le cours à ma vitesse d'apprentissage n'étant pas "fluent in english". c'est un cours clairement exposé, facile d'utilisation avec un ordinateur. Il m'a apporté beaucoup d'information et d'outils à utiliser.

By Sara Y G

Dec 1, 2017

I become very knowledgeable about positive psychology after taking this course. Most importantly the course is designed with participants (user) in mind. It is not all about theory. I learnt many useful skills that I can apply to life right away. Highly recommend!

By Ruby J S

Oct 9, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the course! I loved the format of roundtable discussions with a good balance of a few opportunities to respond to questions along the way. The videos were a good length and the exams were sort with relevant questions related to the content.

By Salwa M

Nov 8, 2020

Excellent beginner course about positive psychology- simple and format of interactivity makes it enjoyable..all members: professor and the rest of the team have added to my knowledge and experience in the topic and enhanced my skills..thank you Dr. Fredrickson..

By Kevin T

Mar 19, 2021

Its amazing to discover that loving kindness can fire up neurons of positive energy in the person giving it as well as the person receiving it. This 6 week course has been life changing for me. Thank You Barbara for so beautifully explaining the power of love.

By AMREEN S 1

A life-changing, eye-opening, perspective-shifting, MUST-TAKE Course. The best course in Psychology I've attended so far. I literally cried when Dr. Fredrickson concluded the course. The one course I'd love to do over and over and over again. Simply the best,

By Suzana C

Apr 25, 2017

This is a great course for introduction and further understanding and also how to apply "tools" to create inner warmth. Thank you Barbara for sharing this with us. I have started to do LoveKindnessMeditation on regular basis. It works.

Feeling grateful. Suzana

By Ekta S

Jun 6, 2020

Absolutely Brilliant course. The concepts are very well articulated and not just theoritical but backed up with scientific research and examples.

Lot of unlearning, learning and re-learning was involved but I thoroughly enjoyed the Positive Pyschology course.

By Arijay P

Apr 24, 2020

This is an exceptionally beautiful course that has been very thoughtfully designed to not only build a solid intellectual understanding of the concepts behind positive psychology relate to positive emotions... but also to gain an experience of them oneself.

By Karen S

May 22, 2016

Thank you so much Barbara. So much of your course content resonated with how I try to live my life and connect with people I encounter. The science behind it is very encouraging and validates that approach and to keep moving and growing in that direction.

By Mónica G

Nov 26, 2021

Maravilloso, es un curso que te servirá para la vida y para todos los ámbitos de la misma, ademas enriquecerá tu manera de relacionarte con los demás y te ayuda a transformarte en un coaching en tu familia, tu trabajo, tu entorno.Realmente significativo.

By Dokku P

May 13, 2020

I had a great experience in understanding the positive psychology. I understood myself better, know how to create positiveness around me . I followed the experimental activities and got to analyse in a better way. I will keep this learning and spread it.

By Marian P

Feb 11, 2016

A fantastic course to develop knowledge on positive psychology, and will really help me and my clients. Barbara is excellent, and this course is very easy to follow and understand. Have already been recommending it to my colleagues. Thanks from the UK!

By Mary D T

Jul 17, 2020

This course totally change my outlook on emotions and positivity. I totally agree that most courses in psychology focuses on what is or what went wrong. This focuses on what is and is going right which is a fresh take and outlook psychology and science.

By Cyril R

Mar 19, 2018

Great mix of theory and practice. The course is lively as this is a podium discussion between experts around Barbara Frederickon. And there is practice along the way, very practical with weekly experiments. THE PERFECT MIX. Experiential! Many thanks!!!!

By Akhila S P

Apr 28, 2020

I am extremely happy for having chosen Positive Psychology. It instills in me a sense of positivity, to see the bigger picture and to see the positive aspects in any situation. I am thankful and grateful to Dr Fredrickson and her team for this course.

By Avinash C

Jun 11, 2020

It was great getting to know the other end of our lives true science.

The content and the things that are in this can shape you into a better human and a better society.

I am also happy that I became a part of the positive ripple in the world with this.

By Ruby R B

Aug 29, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course: I really enjoyed it, especially how the information was presented in a way that makes it easy to use in your daily life. Definitely recommended and I look forward to a second installment of Positive Psychology on Coursera.

By ROCIO V D T

Mar 15, 2021

What I liked about this course were the different materials available to learn about the topics. Dr. Fredickson's researchs and knowledge on positive psychology and emotions, really help me to understand how they impact my life, relations and health.

By Javier A

Sep 20, 2015

Often positivity is seen as a "kumbaya" thing. Having science support for some facts is great for me since I often need the facts.

But this course goes beyond that, offering some tools to increase positive emotions in your life. I highly recommend it