Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

SJ

Dec 15, 2019

Thi was a very useful subject, with good examples and experiences, weekly exercises that assisted me to reflect on the teachings and the further readings to take my understanding to the next level.

676 - 700 of 714 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Alex Y

Jan 09, 2016

It's a good course and the contents are very helpful. There are important components like negativity bias and loving-kindness meditation. However I somehow feel it lacks a more systematic or scientific approach since lots of the materials goes on with a free and open discussion that very much depends on subjective views or feelings of selected individuals who joined the discussion. Take another example, "What is Love" session clearly depends an individual's own view. It contradicts "triangular theory of love" and the lecturer doesn't even explain why.

By Nicoletta M

Aug 29, 2016

It is a very interesting course. I was quite taken.

The teacher is good in her solos, and quite good while in the group. I dind't really like the massive use of the terms "kind of" (often used to explain concepts) and for this reason I still have to finish it.

I will quickly 'cause I 'm looking forward to learning something else.

By Randall L

Sep 04, 2015

The information is really great, but the format was tedious and dull. Ws hard to really get interested in the information in the way that it was presented. Contrast this with the Happiness course for a clue as to how to make the information more interesting and compelling as far as presentation is concerned.

By Claire N M

Dec 16, 2015

This did not grab my attention like I thought it would. I did not finish the course, but the assignments were entirely too pointless for me to take seriously enough to continue. I very much enjoyed the idea of studying positive Psychology, but after a few class I realized it was very much common sense.

By Yushan S

Sep 06, 2015

Really a good course for people who suffers a lot in modern society. Some ways to cultivate positive emotions on this course really help me a lot. And the most important thing while learning this course is to practicing and applying it into reality, which is really amazing~~

By Joly F Z

Nov 08, 2015

A good basic course for positive psychology. Really like the panel discussion and the interactive questions. Do find it is a bit too basic for people who are in the psychology field. But recommended for people who want an introduction to positive psychology.

By Natalia S

Feb 26, 2017

the course, probably, was good, but it was presented in rather boring and slow manner, so in the end I completely lost interest, and was skipping through the lectures.

If it could be done in more lively and engaging manner, it would have been great

By Dörte H

Oct 20, 2017

The course is intersting and giving a good new twist for the thinking but also seems a little vague.

I would have wished for more specifit technics and hard facts, how to come to positive emotions to start the positive spiral.

By Rafif P I

Dec 16, 2015

Interesting subject, but I think it can delivered in more interactive ways. It fulls of conversation with the same setting. For instance, It will be more interesting if we put in different setting of conversation.

By Mark B

Jul 06, 2017

Some good and very interesting content but buried in too many words. Often felt like an advertisement for the presenter's own research efforts (/books etc) and therefore unbalanced.

By Sandra L

Feb 26, 2016

Es un curso ameno para aquellos que les interese una introducción a la psicología positiva de una manera experiecial, ya que el curso no da muchas herramientas teóricas.

By 诸杨繁

Apr 21, 2016

Good. Easy to understand with simple exercises. Lots of things are learnt. But better be more interesting with more ways of presenting and showing.

By nelly a

Jun 16, 2016

Even though I liked how the teacher conducted her course in a dinamic way with 4 participants I expected more from this course.

By Elena A

Jul 07, 2017

It was a nice course. It suggested a few interested activities. However you must upgrade it, in order to submit the quizz.

By Rylee J

Oct 02, 2015

the set up for the course was choppy, with random intervals of questions. could definitely flow better

By Efendi B

Sep 22, 2016

the presentation was needed to be change a little bit, to get the postive attention

By Shmayah

Oct 06, 2016

Good course but not enough new information and knowledge as expected

By Nathalie F

Jun 22, 2017

Nice easy course, good introduction to the subject.

By Munzar A S

Sep 22, 2015

A good course, but maybe a little lacking in depth.

By Izabela F

Aug 20, 2015

a bit boring lectures

By Cécile C M G

Apr 12, 2018

great

By Michael C

Nov 07, 2016

Cours sympathique, mais un peu superficiel. Il traite la question de l'homme dans sa perspective positive, mais au cour du développement, il y a une inversion que je trouve pas si évidente. En effet, on passe d'un cours sur la détection des émotions positives et leur intérêt pour le fonctionnement psychologique à un cours où l'on essaye de générer du positif comme manière de traiter. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de place pour pouvoir penser le négatif que l'on peut vivre et par instant, j'ai un peu eu l'impression que l'accent porté sur le positif se transformer en une recherche de sentir ce positifs pour ces bienfaits, quitte à ce que cela soit un peu factice.

By David L G

May 11, 2019

I didn't like how this course attempted to make me purchase it when I tried to complete the quizzes. Know that this course is only videos and exercises with no ability to get finished credit if you do not pay for it. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future. If any course does this to me again I'll withdraw. If it becomes apparent that this is a growing trend on Coursera I'll delete the app, delete the link to their website and utlize other services. Coursera should put a disclaimer in front of any course like this going forward. I would not have wasted my time taking the course if I couldn't get course completion credit for it.

By Samar Z H

Jun 16, 2018

the course rythme is really slow. the course gave me some great insight into positive emotions and how to create micromomnets that are full of them and share it with others but I think the course should be richer . every thing I learned here can be delivered in one or two videos or articles. to fill up the time needed for the course there was a lot of repetition. some videos were boring. overall it was a positive experience but I would not recommend this course to my friends. thank you

By Candelaria

Dec 22, 2017

This course is very informative in a scientific way, not much in a psychology way. I would have liked to explore more of Ms. Kelly Stack's vision rather than a scientific approach of positive psychology. I think t's an appropriate beginners course into psychology and positiveness.