Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

SJ

Dec 15, 2019

Thi was a very useful subject, with good examples and experiences, weekly exercises that assisted me to reflect on the teachings and the further readings to take my understanding to the next level.

701 - 725 of 729 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By 诸杨繁

Apr 21, 2016

Good. Easy to understand with simple exercises. Lots of things are learnt. But better be more interesting with more ways of presenting and showing.

By nelly a

Jun 16, 2016

Even though I liked how the teacher conducted her course in a dinamic way with 4 participants I expected more from this course.

By Elena A

Jul 07, 2017

It was a nice course. It suggested a few interested activities. However you must upgrade it, in order to submit the quizz.

By Rylee J

Oct 02, 2015

the set up for the course was choppy, with random intervals of questions. could definitely flow better

By Efendi B

Sep 22, 2016

the presentation was needed to be change a little bit, to get the postive attention

By Shmayah

Oct 06, 2016

Good course but not enough new information and knowledge as expected

By Nathalie F

Jun 22, 2017

Nice easy course, good introduction to the subject.

By Munzar A S

Sep 22, 2015

A good course, but maybe a little lacking in depth.

By Izabela F

Apr 12, 2018

great

By Michael C

Nov 07, 2016

Cours sympathique, mais un peu superficiel. Il traite la question de l'homme dans sa perspective positive, mais au cour du développement, il y a une inversion que je trouve pas si évidente. En effet, on passe d'un cours sur la détection des émotions positives et leur intérêt pour le fonctionnement psychologique à un cours où l'on essaye de générer du positif comme manière de traiter. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de place pour pouvoir penser le négatif que l'on peut vivre et par instant, j'ai un peu eu l'impression que l'accent porté sur le positif se transformer en une recherche de sentir ce positifs pour ces bienfaits, quitte à ce que cela soit un peu factice.

By David L G

May 11, 2019

I didn't like how this course attempted to make me purchase it when I tried to complete the quizzes. Know that this course is only videos and exercises with no ability to get finished credit if you do not pay for it. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future. If any course does this to me again I'll withdraw. If it becomes apparent that this is a growing trend on Coursera I'll delete the app, delete the link to their website and utlize other services. Coursera should put a disclaimer in front of any course like this going forward. I would not have wasted my time taking the course if I couldn't get course completion credit for it.

By Samar Z H

Jun 16, 2018

the course rythme is really slow. the course gave me some great insight into positive emotions and how to create micromomnets that are full of them and share it with others but I think the course should be richer . every thing I learned here can be delivered in one or two videos or articles. to fill up the time needed for the course there was a lot of repetition. some videos were boring. overall it was a positive experience but I would not recommend this course to my friends. thank you

By Candelaria

Dec 22, 2017

This course is very informative in a scientific way, not much in a psychology way. I would have liked to explore more of Ms. Kelly Stack's vision rather than a scientific approach of positive psychology. I think t's an appropriate beginners course into psychology and positiveness.

By Ricky T

Oct 23, 2015

I'm sorry but I don't like the way this course was presented. Since this is about the science of happiness I would have preferred a more clinical approach.

By Basel

Mar 22, 2016

Uncomfortable to watch and also a very outdated layout of the course, feels like a bad 90s American talk show.

By Gianfranco M R

Mar 02, 2016

It could have been more dynamic . The interviews were boring and there wasn't enough content.

By Mohamed E B

Nov 29, 2016

weak

By Huda H

May 15, 2016

I dropped out of this course twice is coz i found it absolutely dead. It says positive psychology but it really look so much constraint to even watch the first 3 videos without falling asleep. This is probably the worse course I've studied on coursera. I have studied at least 7 courses on Coursera- of which I loved Social Psychology and Criminal, and I even paid for the certificates. This course literally killed me.... The worst EVER I've come across

By Annick D

Oct 31, 2015

Superficial treatment of the subject matter. Presentation was awkward and slow, and at times condescending in tone. This whole course is equivalent to a 2 hour seminar on "How to live more positively" presented at local community centre. It is not university level learning - instead it seems glib and lacking in substance.

By Ali D

Aug 08, 2016

Not a positive act to make people pay to be able to participate in the quizzes. The other audited classes allow everyone to participate in everything. We just do not become certified if we have taken the class for audit rather than credit.

By Leena

May 27, 2017

It was very boring. Content was good but tutor's way of teaching was very boring and monotonous. Felt waste of time.

By Darleen M

Apr 18, 2016

Should state up front that there is no auditing. Unable to continue this course without Upgrading.

By Gabriela G

Mar 06, 2017

Very boring, not engaging at all. uses the phrase "you know" and "um" too much