Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

NS

Oct 23, 2016

i will definitely recommend this course not only to those interested in graphic design but also to those who have to make simple power point presentations. you will find the tips very useful!

CO

Jan 16, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

76 - 100 of 191 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Jennifer R B

Jun 05, 2017

Excellent course, organized well and focused on tips and best practices. I highly recommend.

By Nana G

May 05, 2019

Very useful, brief, interesting. The course taught me how to design, not decorate. Thanks!

By danka b

Jan 03, 2017

Thank you so much. Briefly and clearly. It is like a lecturer and concise lecture. Super.

By Fukudome K

Nov 12, 2019

The course was so valuable for me to learn about Graphic Design that is very new to me.

By Aurore B

Sep 30, 2019

Learnt a lot of basics that were actually fondamental for my job. Thank you very much

By Debarati B

May 27, 2018

Short and precise, Action oriented, Professional, with lots of useful examples

By Christina Y T

Jan 27, 2019

I learned a lot of basic design principals that I think will be very helpful.

By Pete S

Mar 12, 2020

Nicely paced and well thought out content. Delivered with verve and humour.

By Fatima A

Nov 17, 2018

Amazing course with enough information imparted on us. Great knowledge

By Ayo A

Jan 16, 2017

Lovely course! Increase my knowledge of what graphic Design entails.

By Dhananjay S

Apr 09, 2019

This course helped me to gain a lot of knowledge that I never knew.

By Mohamad n e

Mar 13, 2020

The most wonderful thing I learned in the basics of graphic design

By Ahmed M A

Jul 16, 2017

I enjoyed every lesson. All points where simple and implementable.

By Marie A O

Jul 06, 2017

Excellent course. I am already using these new technics at work.

By Linda T P

Sep 12, 2017

I loved it and i've found a new way to express myself.

By Anton S

Aug 30, 2018

This is a great course. I'm very happy that i've found it!

By Elena L

Apr 24, 2017

I like this course. Very useful and interesting. Thanks!

By Hayley v W

Feb 27, 2017

Great course! Had so much fun with it and learnt a lot!

By Steven M

Feb 13, 2017

excellent course. i love it very much, it's very useful.

By Chrystal B

Jul 29, 2018

Educational and practical, learned a lot from this one.

By HANEEN B

Sep 22, 2017

this course was very helpful for non-graphic designers.

By Simona S

May 03, 2017

I loved this course! Thank you! Absolutely recommended!

By Aniuzka A

Nov 16, 2017

Elegant and useful way to explain just as the content.

By Hanna

Dec 27, 2019

Excellent course, right to the point, very practical.

By Yashvi C

Oct 24, 2019

Course was so awesome, still not perfect but trying.