Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking PowerPoints, reports, resumes, and presentations. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

76 - 100 of 639 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Dewan M N

May 14, 2020

I really loved how the instructor brought the main things in such organised manner. I really enjoyed his teachings. Hope to work more professionally from now on in every project. The course is really very informative.

By Dani W

May 11, 2019

Absolutely fantastic course, easy to understand, Michael the tutor is fantastic, easy to listen too and understand. The graded assessments are not too difficult but they do set you a challenge also. Highly recommend.

By Adnan A

Jul 23, 2020

The course was well designed and interesting to keep the learner involved. 10 Design principles that I have learned in this course have made an improvement in my overall though process while designing presentations.

By ALTHEA M A R

Jul 23, 2020

This course Graphic Design is so very informative. I like designing, but taking up this course, I gain more knowledge and tricks on how to improve my design. Thank you Coursera! God Bless and Keep up the good work!

By Ausrius M

Sep 11, 2020

A great intro into the general basics of graphic design and presentation that can be applied to any field.

Just like the other two parts of this course material, it was enjoyable, beneficial, and easy to follow!

By RISHU R

Apr 21, 2020

This course has led me to understand the importance of designing and styling. The graphic design is very cool to understand, and very interesting. Has cleared the concept thoroughly by showing so many examples.

By Sahana S B

Feb 13, 2017

The instructions are very clear and specific. Thanks to David for keeping the course matter clear and simple. The assignments are very interesting and motivating the student to complete them even before time.

By Hari S

Dec 5, 2020

This course is not about the software, bu getting to know and how to implement the basic principal of how to design and not to decorate. I learned so many thing in this course, great job and thank you David.

By Md A

Jun 29, 2020

This one is perfect for a beginner level graphic designer. You can learn some interesting concepts of graphic design, font family, visual arrangement, etc. This course focused on PowerPoint presentations.

By Heba Z

Dec 20, 2017

It is an absolutely amazing course! I loved every part, very helpful and straight forward. I enjoyed learning about Graphic Design on its own and as a part of the effective communication specialization.

By Ana C D R

Jul 2, 2020

I had some knowledge of Graphic Design so I didn't expected to take so much from this course, It really helped and made me more conscious of the things that I was doing. It was a very enjoyable course

By Jack L

Jun 7, 2019

Very easy to follow and understand whilst also following a more difficult and challenging theme.

Highly recommend this course but it may be worthwhile to do this one quickly or as a beginning course.

By Zahle S K

Jun 21, 2017

Just what I wanted,

1.How to describe a design

2.Design Tricks

3.Working with feedback

I also loved how the course is structured. Each of them draws analogies to their domain.

Thank You for this course.

By Theresa V Y

Sep 27, 2021

I learned a lot from this course. There's structure now to all the creative ideas that I have. I'm sure I'll be able to use the lessons here throughout my professional career. Thank you so much.

By Luis T G V

Aug 26, 2020

Conocer los conceptos claves del diseño gráfico me está brindando la posibilidad de expresar mis ideas de manera diferente y buscando la atención de las personas. una herramienta muy poderosa

By Chinyere B O

Jan 15, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

By T. C

Sep 26, 2021

E​xcellent format. Easy to understand. I love the candor and dry humor from the professor. I would take additional courses from this professor. (Where were you when I was in college???)

By Mirha N

Jul 28, 2020

Having done Graphic design course by University of Colarado is just amazing .You get so much understanding and knowledge about designing thaf you can't get from anywhere.Thanks a lot

By Muhammad A

Sep 3, 2020

Amazing course content, amazing instructor, really helped to think, what is Graphic Designing. It' a really detail and practical course. I really Thanked the Inspector and Coursera.

By Jemima C

Apr 22, 2021

Hello my name is Jemima Clarke , I took a few of these courses that you all have to offer and Graphic Design was one of the . I appreciate the knowledge I obtained. Thanks you guys

By Jocelyn G

Jan 24, 2021

I love this course. It's easy and meaty and gave me what I needed: a straightforward basic vocabulary on graphic design and design tricks that are trustworthy. Thank you very much.

By Micaa Y

Dec 11, 2018

I love this course, make me realize a lot of things to get into knowledge, love the teachers, they explains like the best of them and gave you a lot of advises! Super recommended

By Silvia C R

Aug 13, 2017

Practical, very easy to understand and with very useful tips!

This is a course that I thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you so much; and I will recommend it to professionals and newbies!

By Dhairya B

May 13, 2020

Very intractive course and very intresting learning enviorement. PS: please uninroll the people who are taking course for granted and copying the optional submissinons and test

By Sarah C Y N

Aug 20, 2020

The course provides a comprehensive insight to the basics of graphic design while providing opportunities to do hands-on practices to develop and improve one's design skills