Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

76 - 100 of 544 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Jack L

Jun 7, 2019

Very easy to follow and understand whilst also following a more difficult and challenging theme.

Highly recommend this course but it may be worthwhile to do this one quickly or as a beginning course.

By Zahle S K

Jun 21, 2017

Just what I wanted,

1.How to describe a design

2.Design Tricks

3.Working with feedback

I also loved how the course is structured. Each of them draws analogies to their domain.

Thank You for this course.

By Luis T G V

Aug 26, 2020

Conocer los conceptos claves del diseño gráfico me está brindando la posibilidad de expresar mis ideas de manera diferente y buscando la atención de las personas. una herramienta muy poderosa

By Chinyere B O

Jan 15, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

By Mirha N

Jul 28, 2020

Having done Graphic design course by University of Colarado is just amazing .You get so much understanding and knowledge about designing thaf you can't get from anywhere.Thanks a lot

By Muhammad A

Sep 3, 2020

Amazing course content, amazing instructor, really helped to think, what is Graphic Designing. It' a really detail and practical course. I really Thanked the Inspector and Coursera.

By Micaa Y

Dec 11, 2018

I love this course, make me realize a lot of things to get into knowledge, love the teachers, they explains like the best of them and gave you a lot of advises! Super recommended

By Silvia C R

Aug 13, 2017

Practical, very easy to understand and with very useful tips!

This is a course that I thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you so much; and I will recommend it to professionals and newbies!

By Dhairya B

May 13, 2020

Very intractive course and very intresting learning enviorement. PS: please uninroll the people who are taking course for granted and copying the optional submissinons and test

By Sarah C Y N

Aug 20, 2020

The course provides a comprehensive insight to the basics of graphic design while providing opportunities to do hands-on practices to develop and improve one's design skills

By Ivanna V M V

Aug 16, 2020

Just a necessary course that made my way of view awesome, now I can make my own designs with right management, i'm still excited with this new ability. Totally recommended.

By Anabela O

Apr 18, 2018

This course was great it help a lot since I am studying Public Relations and Marketing, I feel more confident when doing a poster, flyer, brochure....Thanks a lot to Dave!!

By Di S A

Oct 8, 2020

I just love they do it at a steady to help you understand what to do. It has also made it where i am more able to understand how to make my work and design much better.

By Flavia L

Aug 31, 2019

This course is a great thing for whoever is starting out. I knew a little bit about some concepts, but seeing it in examples has given me a new perspective on designs.

By Dorcas P

Feb 20, 2020

ME ENCANTO MUCHÍSIMO REALIZAR ESTE CURSO PORQUE APRENDÍ Y CONOCÍ NUEVAS COSAS COMO POR EJEMPLO LA TIPOGRAFÍA, USO DE APLICACIONES DE DISEÑO, EDITAR Y SER MAS CREATIVA

By Terri C

Apr 5, 2017

Excellent course that focuses on design principles rather than the process. And overall, the specialization's team inspire me to move to Boulder - great camaraderie!

By Ms. A G

It was a great experience, learning this course. it helped me brush up my designing skills and helped me rectify some common mistakes one can commit while designing.

By ANEEZA A

Sep 5, 2020

i like this cource its very intresting Quiz,Assignments etc... i get creativity to designing etc i like very much this course Thankyou for staff and coordinators

By Amrit P S K

Jul 19, 2020

It was a great experience while going through this marvelous graphic designing course as I learned alot of new aspects of graphic design skills. Thank you Coursera!

By Kish M

Oct 28, 2020

I particularly loved his style of teaching, it was easy to understand and I'm not a graphic designer but looking to get into this field of study. It intrigues me.

By Nishan d

Jul 19, 2020

It's a great platform for learning Graphics design. i learn so many important topics from here.the mentors are really highly knowledgeable . Thanks to coursera.

By ARSHAD M

Nov 18, 2020

It's very interesting and mind-boggling course, I have learnt alot form it. Way of teaching with the help of animation and examples were interested. I liked it.

By Haidee M

Nov 8, 2020

THANK YOU SO MUCH COURSERA! I have learned so many things I didnt take into consideration when doing artworks before! Thank you University of Colorado Boulder!

By Noor H

Feb 9, 2020

thank you for this course, I had doubts I could transition from my major (architecture) to graphic design.

this is the base I needed to built on and learn more

By Jacqueline B L

Nov 5, 2020

I love the advice and information that the teacher gives us with a lot of creativity and wisdom. Exercises make you feel more creative. I enjoy every lesson.