Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

RC

May 14, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

DC

Apr 11, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

126 - 150 of 393 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Sundaram M

Jun 06, 2019

Was really helpful! Got to know a lot of Graphic Designing based technical terms, keywords and jargons.

By Md. S

Jul 21, 2020

I am benefiting a lot from this course and learning graphic design with the utmost attention. Thanks.

By Pamela W

May 13, 2020

I enjoyed the class. I learned new creative ideas then making flyers, cropping photos and much more!

By DESHMUKH S V

Apr 25, 2020

It was a great start and great boosting sessions for those who are interested in the field.Great!

By Jivko D

Sep 22, 2018

One of the best courses I ever had. Very clear messages. Very easy to understand. Great examples!

By Alejandra P A

Jun 20, 2020

Very creative and useful course, I enjoyed the practices and it help me develop my design skills

By M. R H

Jun 28, 2020

This course is a best choice for not only graphic designers, but also for Architects!

I LOVED IT

By Sebastian C

Jul 27, 2020

Entender los conceptos básicos del diseño gráfico es algo que este curso te ayudará a lograr.

By Jennifer R B

Jun 05, 2017

Excellent course, organized well and focused on tips and best practices. I highly recommend.

By Samia Z

Jun 15, 2020

This is a very effective course for the designers. I enjoyed while learning the topics....

By Nana G

May 05, 2019

Very useful, brief, interesting. The course taught me how to design, not decorate. Thanks!

By danka b

Jan 03, 2017

Thank you so much. Briefly and clearly. It is like a lecturer and concise lecture. Super.

By Md. K A

May 05, 2020

This is the Course i wanted really bad. This course taught me a lot about presentation.

By Fukudome K

Nov 12, 2019

The course was so valuable for me to learn about Graphic Design that is very new to me.

By Aurore B

Sep 30, 2019

Learnt a lot of basics that were actually fondamental for my job. Thank you very much

By Andile N

Jun 28, 2020

Excellent course and very informative! I thoroughly enjoyed the assessments as well.

By Sofia W

Jul 09, 2020

Great course. Very easy to follow up and great professor to listen to, honestly.

By Cíntia B M

Jul 27, 2020

This course is well structured, clear to understand and rich of useful content.

By Joana M E

Jul 03, 2020

Great lessons. Looking forward to more knowledge from your sessions. Thank you!

By Debarati B

May 27, 2018

Short and precise, Action oriented, Professional, with lots of useful examples

By MANISHA

May 09, 2020

It was really nicely designed course and also taught nicely by the faculties.

By Christina Y T

Jan 27, 2019

I learned a lot of basic design principals that I think will be very helpful.

By Dharini A C

May 23, 2020

Very interesting and knowledgeable course.....it's amazing and too creative.

By halil ş

Jun 15, 2020

Thank you very much for course, nice chapters, l wait more course.

Good luck

By Pete S

Mar 12, 2020

Nicely paced and well thought out content. Delivered with verve and humour.