Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

NS

Oct 23, 2016

i will definitely recommend this course not only to those interested in graphic design but also to those who have to make simple power point presentations. you will find the tips very useful!

CO

Jan 16, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

151 - 175 of 191 Reviews for Graphic Design

Nov 07, 2017

gtu67

By Sathiyamurthi G

Nov 07, 2018

good

By Laschon R P

Mar 30, 2018

By Chryssa M

Mar 19, 2017

Hi! I have just started the course and I find it fascinating. Last year I attended a similar course offered by the uni. of California so I am familiar with some elements of the course, yet, I now get a clearer view of the subject, it seems Latins were right:' repetitio est mater studiorum'. In addition, I practise apps on the PC which are not my cup of tea.

I feel grateful for what Coursera and the relevant Universities offers us. I do believe such opportunities for expanding knowledge are more than just precious, they are what makes life meaningful , esp. at my age.

Thank you.

My greetings from Athens.

By Amr Y M

Oct 23, 2017

Hi everyone,

Although I'm not fond of graphic design field, but I liked this course. I enrolled in it mainly to get an overall look on graphic design, and it was very helpful. I liked the experience to analyse photographs to a degree that I apply design tricks on every photograph I see. I's that kind of long-lasting courses.

Thanks for this enjoyable experience.

I wish you that best of everything.

Amr

By Catherine E S

Feb 09, 2018

I learned foundational design principles that will improve my presentations. The instructor's passion for the topic and authenticity made the course more interesting. If you prepare slides, reports, or promotional materials and have had little or no design training, this class will help you produce higher quality work and do so more efficiently.

By Raphael O O

Jan 13, 2020

Firstly, i want to appreciate Coursera for funding this course so that i can enroll in it, though i don't have a degree in Art, i have been practicing graphic for more than 10 years, but this course opened my eyes and dept of understanding to how thing should be and common mistake i'm making. It is indeed a blessing to have undertook this course.

Dec 20, 2016

I really enjoyed learning about graphic design and I enjoyed Dave's approach and presentation of the "best practices." I think the visual examples used in this course really helped me to understand the material. I liked how he used the same basic material but showed different ways to compose it. Thanks for the course!

By David P I

Oct 14, 2019

After finishing week 2, I was awarded the certificate for the course and invited to join the next phase of the specialization. The first two weeks were great, a lot of fundamental principles were discussed.

I would have liked the same thing for week 3 & 4.

By Ramune I

Jan 16, 2019

Great course for everyone who wants to improve graphic design skills. The course offers many tips and trick that are practical and easy to apply. I very much enjoyed the many little exercises provided. And the teacher is clear and straight to the point.

By Veronica K

Jun 10, 2018

Administratively the course has issues (it was showing as completed after the graded assignments were done (after 2 weeks). Now it isn't showing in my completed courses and is staying in my active courses. Course content-wise, the class was very good.

By Daphne W

Oct 23, 2016

Great course! very well organised. Easy to understand some important theories of graphic design. Many exercises in the course can let you practice the skills needed in graphic design.

By Ulises T C

Jun 24, 2017

Great course! It really goes on with the basics of graphic design and helps you a lot to understand core concepts and ideas. 100% recommended

By Naman A

Jul 13, 2017

Great informative course on Graphic Designing. Please include software applications as well to these courses to help students more.

By Shraddha K

Jun 12, 2018

It is great to know different forms of palette to use while graphic designing & tricks to follow. Still I have to practis hard..

By Bond7

May 30, 2017

This course gives a basic principals for create a good graphic design. Very useful and informative for a novice.

By Insaf K

Dec 17, 2019

Great concepts. Practice exercises should be graded and not left open to just click submit as completed.

By Dario S

Sep 13, 2019

Thtought it was more focused on presentations/slides. Yet it delivered good stuff.

By Abdallah D

Jul 27, 2017

it was a fantastic course and i I have benefited from it very much ....thank you

By Benico v d W

Aug 13, 2017

Exceptional concise summary of the practical elements of graphical design.

By Shama A

Oct 25, 2017

the course was good, i just wish it was more about the different software

By Antonio R

Nov 01, 2019

Very usefully course with a lot of examples and suggestions. Well done.

By Shiva P

Jan 20, 2020

I have learned more about types and designing with ease professionally

By Mahadevaswamy M

Jul 31, 2018

Very basic..But very good. This is not for all.