Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

NS

Oct 23, 2016

i will definitely recommend this course not only to those interested in graphic design but also to those who have to make simple power point presentations. you will find the tips very useful!

CO

Jan 16, 2018

There were a lot of design elements thought were irrelevant, now i know better. This course made graphic design limitless. It also show me how to do more and appreciate everything visible

51 - 75 of 178 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Adel s a

Jun 18, 2018

Excellent and makes you open to wider ways in design. I hope to put the explanation In the subject on the side of the video when the lecturer speaks

By Shveta S

Jul 31, 2017

One of the best courses I have gone through! The course effectively de-mystifies the process of designing effective presentations and documents.

By Gina R

Sep 14, 2017

Learned some great basic skills and some tricks to help improve my design and the way I approach projects with visual elements. Great course!

By James A

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course! Really enjoyed watching the videos and working on the projects. Will carry the use of Design tricks with me going forward!

By Raúl A M

Aug 18, 2017

Excellent and detailed course, experienced and knowledgeable teachers who have learned over many years. Thanks to Coursera and intructores

By Karina D S

Mar 31, 2019

Excellent - learned a lot and am very thankful for the clarity and depth of messages that the teachers transmitted. Well done team!

By Mohamed Y M

Dec 28, 2018

BEST COURSE EVER HAD THANKS LECTURERS AND ALSO WHO OTHERS WHO APPEARS THIS COURSE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I LOVE EASY AND EXPLAINING

By Tosin T

Oct 11, 2016

There were many elements of design I though I was familiar with but this course has helped me understand a lot more about design.

By Kwame A B

Oct 17, 2019

I really enjoyed this course to the maximum and advice anyone to get enrolled in this course if you are a fan of graphic design.

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 20, 2018

Made me more aware of powerpoint features and design in general. I now have a new perspective of what's being advertised to me.

By DIEGO E N H

Jan 20, 2018

This course is excellent. I learnt the graphic design process in such simple way. Thanks so much David Underwood and Coursera.

By Mushtakhusen S M

Jul 13, 2017

It was very useful and informative course. I found it very unique. I really enjoyed doing this course. Thank you very much.

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

great videos, great knowledge. It helped me so much of understanding design better and also helped my creative side a lot.

By Juhi M

Oct 24, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed taking this course and learnt a lot. The kind of things which we can do on powerpoint truly amazed me

By Karla G

Mar 26, 2018

Easy to learn, straight to the point and incredibly useful to be critical on your own work! He's a good professor.

By Bencherki M

Oct 02, 2018

Great course, I often re-wind some parts to enjoy them once again! Worth my time even in our daily busy schedules

By Sakshi

Sep 13, 2019

Basic and fundamental information about the graphic design in general. I really liked going through the course.

By Antonio L N

Aug 10, 2017

Amazing course by Dave Underwood! Phenomenal basic techniques and shared wisdom. Immediate practical benefit.

By Fernando D

Oct 19, 2018

Very interesting, easy path to follow along. Great together with the first part, now with visual design

By Кропотов Н Д

Oct 03, 2018

Мне очень понравился этот курс , он был очень интересным. Спасибо всем кто приложил усилия к этому курсу.

By Sundaram M

Jun 06, 2019

Was really helpful! Got to know a lot of Graphic Designing based technical terms, keywords and jargons.

By Jivko D

Sep 22, 2018

One of the best courses I ever had. Very clear messages. Very easy to understand. Great examples!

By Jennifer R B

Jun 05, 2017

Excellent course, organized well and focused on tips and best practices. I highly recommend.

By Nana G

May 05, 2019

Very useful, brief, interesting. The course taught me how to design, not decorate. Thanks!

By danka b

Jan 03, 2017

Thank you so much. Briefly and clearly. It is like a lecturer and concise lecture. Super.