Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking PowerPoints, reports, resumes, and presentations. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. This course can be taken for academic credit as part of CU Boulder’s Master of Science in Data Science (MS-DS) degree offered on the Coursera platform. The MS-DS is an interdisciplinary degree that brings together faculty from CU Boulder’s departments of Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science, and others. With performance-based admissions and no application process, the MS-DS is ideal for individuals with a broad range of undergraduate education and/or professional experience in computer science, information science, mathematics, and statistics. Learn more about the MS-DS program at https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-of-science-data-science-boulder....

RC

May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

DC

Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium

got to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

201 - 225 of 660 Reviews for Graphic Design

By ANDRES E V Z

Nov 3, 2020

El docente es muy preciso, sabe llegar a los estudiantes aunque no estemos frente a frente. Excelente¡

By JYOTI P B

Sep 23, 2020

Just learn many thing like, how text and colour works. And design is a necessary thing for a graphic.

By Md. S

Jul 21, 2020

I am benefiting a lot from this course and learning graphic design with the utmost attention. Thanks.

By Pamela W

May 13, 2020

I enjoyed the class. I learned new creative ideas then making flyers, cropping photos and much more!

By Nicodemus K Y

Jun 13, 2021

i thank a lot courser a for offering me a course in graphic design is really great to study online

By Jovita G

Sep 7, 2020

its amazing< very interesting and easy to understand. thank you to David Underwood for this course

By Tamesha G

Sep 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, truly learned a lot more on how I can improve as a Graphic Designer

By DESHMUKH S V

Apr 25, 2020

It was a great start and great boosting sessions for those who are interested in the field.Great!

By Jivko D

Sep 21, 2018

One of the best courses I ever had. Very clear messages. Very easy to understand. Great examples!

By Alejandra P

Jun 20, 2020

Very creative and useful course, I enjoyed the practices and it help me develop my design skills

By amani d

Dec 15, 2020

I'm so thankful for having this course I really get interested and improved my skills in design

By M. R H R

Jun 28, 2020

This course is a best choice for not only graphic designers, but also for Architects!

I LOVED IT

By Sebastian C

Jul 27, 2020

Entender los conceptos básicos del diseño gráfico es algo que este curso te ayudará a lograr.

By Jennifer R B

Jun 5, 2017

Excellent course, organized well and focused on tips and best practices. I highly recommend.

By Mulenga M

Aug 7, 2020

this is a really good course. the lecturer is straight to the point and so are his quizzes

By Samia Z

Jun 15, 2020

This is a very effective course for the designers. I enjoyed while learning the topics....

By nana g

May 5, 2019

Very useful, brief, interesting. The course taught me how to design, not decorate. Thanks!

By danka b

Jan 3, 2017

Thank you so much. Briefly and clearly. It is like a lecturer and concise lecture. Super.

By Kasuntha M

Nov 11, 2020

Great course to get a descriptive idea about graphic design. Thank you for the support.

By Md. K A

May 5, 2020

This is the Course i wanted really bad. This course taught me a lot about presentation.

By Fukudome K

Nov 11, 2019

The course was so valuable for me to learn about Graphic Design that is very new to me.

By Kenxy V

Dec 14, 2020

Great ! The facilitators are exceptional. The scaffolding of the lesson is tremendous.

By Anne K G

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente. Me motivaron a seguir estudiando y despertarón en mi el sentido estético.

By Mashrur A

Oct 13, 2020

Excellent course, that completes all the basic you need to know about graphic design.

By Aurore B

Sep 30, 2019

Learnt a lot of basics that were actually fondamental for my job. Thank you very much