Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

101 - 125 of 587 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Nishan d

Jul 19, 2020

It's a great platform for learning Graphics design. i learn so many important topics from here.the mentors are really highly knowledgeable . Thanks to coursera.

By ARSHAD M

Nov 18, 2020

It's very interesting and mind-boggling course, I have learnt alot form it. Way of teaching with the help of animation and examples were interested. I liked it.

By Haidee M

Nov 8, 2020

THANK YOU SO MUCH COURSERA! I have learned so many things I didnt take into consideration when doing artworks before! Thank you University of Colorado Boulder!

By Noor H

Feb 9, 2020

thank you for this course, I had doubts I could transition from my major (architecture) to graphic design.

this is the base I needed to built on and learn more

By Jacqueline B L

Nov 5, 2020

I love the advice and information that the teacher gives us with a lot of creativity and wisdom. Exercises make you feel more creative. I enjoy every lesson.

By Laryze L

Oct 13, 2020

The course is really helpful for me to learn and understand principles about graphic design. The activities helped me to practice a bit about what I learned.

By george g

Jul 14, 2020

I've been doing some graphic design work for over 15 years. This course really helped me see the simple errors I was doing over the years. Helped me a lot!!!

By Marine F

Nov 4, 2019

Really Really Good course. Dave is amazing ans his course is very structured. I am new to Design and I have learned everything I wanted to learn. Thank you!!

By Valerie S O

Dec 26, 2020

This is a good course for EVERYONE. It showcase basic knowledge on how to organize and present visual materials that will effectively communicate a message.

By Dawid B

Apr 14, 2020

Great course! I learned a lot about basics of graphic desing - of which I was not really aware - an can apply this new knowledge immediately for daily work.

By Clara P

Dec 29, 2016

Dave Underwood is an excellent teacher--he is down-to-earth, well-versed in graphic design, and provides real-world examples of the principles he discusses.

By Naveen R P

Feb 23, 2021

Good professional teacher and I recommend this course for those who don't know how to design and grid all information. This course is very helpful. Thanks.

By Abigail M P L

Oct 3, 2020

I really like how they kept it in small bite-sized chunks because I believe in focused learning. There is less to take in, but the content is substantial.

By Rahul C

Jan 2, 2017

Great course for beginners in graphic design. My work has already seen significant improvement just by following the practices highlighted in the course!

By Lisa A

Nov 21, 2020

I loved this course. The instructor was clear and knowledgeable and fun to listen to. I can't wait to apply these new skills to projects. Thank you!

By sangay c

Aug 16, 2020

i am beginner to learning graphic design and in this course i learned so many feature that need to make the graphic more presentable to the audience.

By Joelle N

Nov 15, 2020

Coursera is a very useful website

Very organised , very simple to use

It gives you lots of important and (strict to the point) informations

I love it

By Giedrė Š

Jul 25, 2020

Very informative course not only for those who want to be designers, but also for those who have to do presentations, write their cv or paper works!

By Ahmad A H

Sep 7, 2019

My field of study is a director and I have a lot of experience in graphic design but this course has given me new information !.

By Shyam P

Mar 17, 2019

Great course, to the point and focused on the very basic yet important element of graphic design. I use these skills on a day to day communications.

By Adel s a

Jun 17, 2018

Excellent and makes you open to wider ways in design. I hope to put the explanation In the subject on the side of the video when the lecturer speaks

By Donna C

Jan 12, 2021

Great course! I learned so much. I can 'see' better now, everywhere I go my eyes are drawn to designs in buildings, poster, nature, clothes etc.

By Victoria M

Aug 2, 2020

Excellent course! Loved what I can do thanks to this course. I'm Looking forward to the public speaking and writing courses related to this one.

By Shveta S

Jul 31, 2017

One of the best courses I have gone through! The course effectively de-mystifies the process of designing effective presentations and documents.

By Ravi D

Jul 6, 2020

I am clearly understanding the various concepts like color, choosing the correct typeface, and even words like kerning, tracking, leading, etc.