Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking PowerPoints, reports, resumes, and presentations. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

DC
Apr 10, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

RC
May 13, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

176 - 200 of 639 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Carlos J M D

Oct 5, 2020

Excelente muy claros y concisos los módulos, brinda las herramientas necesarias para hacer un trabajo de calidad.

By Piyush P

May 4, 2020

Great course and instuctor. It helped me prepare a good workflow for future projects and deepened my love for it.

By Bencherki M

Oct 1, 2018

Great course, I often re-wind some parts to enjoy them once again! Worth my time even in our daily busy schedules

By Diana L F R

Nov 8, 2020

I've learned a lot in this course. Now I know more techniques about the Graphic Design. This course is amazing.

By Partho D

Oct 31, 2020

I'm very glad to study with you .

And I want to thank the entire team of Coursera to giving me that opportunity.

By Kaveri S S

Jul 20, 2020

Very good course which have many practice exercises to help us to have a better understanding of graphic design

By Sakshi

Sep 13, 2019

Basic and fundamental information about the graphic design in general. I really liked going through the course.

By Sondos f m a

It was a very important subject for me, and I learned a lot from it. Thank you, teacher. Thank you courser :)

By Antonio L N

Aug 10, 2017

Amazing course by Dave Underwood! Phenomenal basic techniques and shared wisdom. Immediate practical benefit.

By Md. I M

Jun 10, 2020

Nice course on Graphics design. I want more this types of IT technology to develop & gather more knowledge.

By İbrahim T

Feb 2, 2021

Ben bir grafik sanatçısıyım ama bu kurstan önce çok az teorik bilgim olduğunu fark ettim. Teşekkür ederim!

By Abbas R

Jun 7, 2020

It has helped me understand graphic design better . And has explained me what really matters in a design .

By Soorya S

Jun 23, 2020

The course was really helpful and the instructor explained all the materials very clearly and adequately.

By Fernando D

Oct 19, 2018

Very interesting, easy path to follow along. Great together with the first part, now with visual design

By Кропотов Н Д

Oct 3, 2018

Мне очень понравился этот курс , он был очень интересным. Спасибо всем кто приложил усилия к этому курсу.

By Prof. S M

Apr 23, 2020

great love this course, its pretty interesting concepts which we used to do without knowing the reason.

By Sundaram M

Jun 6, 2019

Was really helpful! Got to know a lot of Graphic Designing based technical terms, keywords and jargons.

By Jessica S

May 21, 2021

Great coverage of the basics of Graphic design. Once you master these basics, you can design anything.

By ANDRES E V Z

Nov 3, 2020

El docente es muy preciso, sabe llegar a los estudiantes aunque no estemos frente a frente. Excelente¡

By JYOTI P B

Sep 23, 2020

Just learn many thing like, how text and colour works. And design is a necessary thing for a graphic.

By Md. S

Jul 21, 2020

I am benefiting a lot from this course and learning graphic design with the utmost attention. Thanks.

By Pamela W

May 13, 2020

I enjoyed the class. I learned new creative ideas then making flyers, cropping photos and much more!

By Nicodemus K Y

Jun 13, 2021

i thank a lot courser a for offering me a course in graphic design is really great to study online

By Jovita G

Sep 7, 2020

its amazing< very interesting and easy to understand. thank you to David Underwood for this course

By Tamesha G

Sep 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, truly learned a lot more on how I can improve as a Graphic Designer