Back to Successful Presentation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Presentation by University of Colorado Boulder

Few kinds of communication can have the effect of a powerful presentation. Even a short speech can motivate people to change long-held beliefs or to take action, and a wonderfully delivered speech can transform a normal person into a leader. In this course, Prof. William Kuskin provides a series of pragmatic videos and exercises for successful public speaking and presentations. The course develops through four themes—mastering fear, developing a creative formula, using verbal and body language, and anticipating the room—so that you can discover your personal power as a speaker and give excellent presentations. Successful presentations do not rely on perfect teeth, a deep voice, or an army of scriptwriters. They depend largely on the same skills as successful Business Writing and Graphic Design: clarity, structure, and revision. The goal of the course, therefore, is to enable you to discover your own internal power as a speaker and express it to the world. After this course, with some practice, you will be able to go into any situation and command the room for as long as you like. ...

RP
Jun 25, 2020

Really this course is one of my favorite courses ever the way of professor Cuskin's presentation really mindblowing. It's a highly recommended course for all students or anyone with any background.

JM
Jan 8, 2021

very informative and i’ve learned a lot from this course. its not boring because our instructor, Mr William Kuskin explained every module clearly and I want to take this oppotunity to thank him.

401 - 425 of 487 Reviews for Successful Presentation

Jul 30, 2018

G

By Venkata V A A

Mar 7, 2021

I started the course thinking that 16 hours would be overwhelming but it's not. I take this as a class of psychology of humans and understanding it to act accordingly and confidently. Now i know how to organize the script or to speak for hours based on keywords.Thanks to the university of colorado - coursera for such a great course.

By Bishal D

Feb 19, 2021

The course is very helpful, it helped me to overcome my public fear and gave me a way to deliver content in front of audience, it helped me to know my audience , every aspect of a presentation is clearly described by the instructor.

By Richard M

Dec 26, 2020

I thought this was an excellent course. Actually surpassed expectations. I shared some of the high points with my wife. I'll be able to use the formula and presentation training and wished I completed this course 10 years ago.

By Mohammed R S

May 26, 2021

The course was theoretical for the most part. The concepts were a bit too abstract for my understanding. Could have been very helpful if practical examples were provided for each topic. Other than that, great course.

By Didier B

Sep 9, 2019

I would have loved to have worked on easiest text rather than Shapespear...hard to understand for me. And also to have clear example of "modular content unit". All the rest is OK. Thanks for the training

By Anmol S

Jul 19, 2018

Great course will a model that one can use for different presentation scenarios... though some of the content could have been pruned to make it more to the point. Very nice knowledgeable professor.

By SWAROOP K S

Mar 13, 2021

It was wonderful being a part of this course and the way the speaker explain is innumerable. I thank all the people who have worked on this course to give the student a benifit. Thank u.

By Srinivas M

May 14, 2021

really it is a very good and helpful course and after completing these course. I was confident about presentation and now i know what to do for a presentation to be successful one.

By OMKAR V S

Apr 6, 2020

The course is very nice and I am very glad because I choose this course. Courses are awesome and presenter also very nice and clearly understand what we want.

By Hannes H

Sep 9, 2018

I found this a very useful course. I have yet to try the ideas in practice.

One thing that could be improved is that the quizzes could be more challenging.

By Kenneth m

May 6, 2021

Amazing course I understood the structure and the building blocks and ingredients which are required to build a successful and an effective presentation.

By Ajay S

Apr 18, 2020

Great course on learning Presentation skills. One do not have to be orator to do a successful presentation.

Thanks Kuskin for great video lessons

By Amol N D

Feb 20, 2021

It was great to be part of the Successful Presentation course. It helps me to improve my communication skills a lot. Thanks to the speaker.

By Samad R I K

Apr 18, 2021

It is indeed a very helpful course for a successful presentation. I can recommend this to my friends for there future career growth.

By Tanya .

Apr 14, 2021

It was an amazing experience learning lot of things for presentation skills which I didn't knew earlier. Thanks to Coursera !

By Dileep T

May 8, 2021

Happy to be part of this learning its really helped me, how to overcome in public speaking and effective speaking.

By Hunor B

Jul 1, 2021

G​oud course in general. However, sometimes it gets a bit too specific and might not suit everyone.

By Meghna R

Nov 24, 2020

Mentor is very enthusiastic and energized about what he knows and what he deliver. Great efforts!

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

great course. I would have loved to see a short presentation at the beginning using the formula.

By Pandham K

Feb 21, 2021

I have a great learning experience about public speaking and successful presentation.