Back to Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen by University of California, Irvine

Do you have to give presentations in school or at your work? Is it nerve-racking? Then you've come to the right place. Everyone gets a little nervous when they think about having to stand in front of other people and speak intelligently. This course will give you helpful tips for making effective speeches and delivering them well in typical American settings. You'll learn how to organize a presentation, how to make it memorable, and how to communicate clearly. In the course, you'll have several opportunities to demonstrate the presentation skills that you learn. This will help you gain the experience you need to be more confident when you give a speech in an American classroom or on the job. Learners will record several videos of themselves giving assigned presentations and upload the videos for peer feedback. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

AY

Feb 07, 2017

In this course I have lot of learning like in how to overcome stage fright, in introduction what is the best you do, and more than that.

HS

Sep 01, 2019

No doubt Coursera has provided an excellent learning plat form to sharpen oour skills and open new horizons of knowledge for me.

1 - 25 of 32 Reviews for Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen

By Mark C L

Oct 04, 2016

Its good since you can learn about how to speak clearly and confidently in front of many people.

By Jobert D E

Dec 17, 2016

It's very nice to enroll in this course, because you will be becoming more expert in public speaking. Thank you

By Celina C

Dec 12, 2018

Great¡

By Tayyaba A

Dec 06, 2018

effective.

By Natália F K

Sep 13, 2017

O curso é excelente! Me ajudou muito.

By DarrenMitch

Dec 20, 2016

AWESOME

By Syr A

May 02, 2017

This course is amazing and incredibly informative !

By Luis A B

Oct 25, 2016

Very Helpful

By Daniela G d S

Nov 02, 2017

This course have helped me to improve my presentation skills and practices. I strongly recommend it.

By Lois D M R

Mar 05, 2018

I learned alot of things in this subject. Thank you Coursera :)

By Cjay M

Nov 23, 2016

It teaches us what we need to do so people will listen to us in our speeches or in a discussion

By Petrov A Y

Jun 24, 2017

It's a perfect course with plenty additional links to useful materials. Everyone finds something good for him. Thanks to instructors.

By Romeo J M O

Dec 08, 2016

i learned a lot hope I can use it effectively every time I speak in the public so that people listen and not be bored

By ROSHAN R G

Feb 13, 2017

excellent structure and well explained

By Lorena P

Mar 01, 2018

Great Course!! Excellent!!

By Freddy G

Oct 27, 2016

It's better than teachers in my own college. Congratulations! 5/5 recommended to everyone.

By Aliia B

Dec 21, 2016

Very interesting and useful course!

By 金丽帆

Nov 07, 2016

I enjoyed it very much! I've learned so much about presentation, eg. how to make an effective poster,PPT and handout for the talk, and how to use appropriate non-verbal techniques, etc. I gained a lot from the process of accomplishing assignments, and it really illustrate the saying "Learning by doing".

By ImadEddine S

Sep 28, 2018

It's very helpful course especially for those that has doubt public speaking

By Yuming F

Jun 26, 2019

Well organized course. Very helpful.

By SENAAT4182

Aug 06, 2019

P

By Huma S

Sep 01, 2019

By 周到底

Oct 06, 2019

this is the first course I took on Coursera. It really impressed me at the first moment I watch. Now I finish this course.The tips and skills of presentation i learn from it is so amazingly useful. thanks a lot

By Maria A A

Dec 05, 2018

Everything was great except the peer review. It is very subjective and non-constructive. Peers feedback is practically null.

I would recommend that some specialized people grade the assignments each course and give a proper feedback.

By Norhapia E