Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

76 - 100 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Dan C

Jun 26, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. I like Steven as an instructor. This is the first Coursera course I have taken and if this is an indication on the quality of the rest of the Berklee Online courses, then I am a huge fan.

By Ryan D

Mar 12, 2019

This was a fantastic course. Whether you're new to music or have been doing it for some time, I bet there is something in here for you. Even if you're not a musician, this course is truly about music as an artform.

By Thiago A C M F

Oct 22, 2020

The Course The Art of Music Production gives you a lot of support including the assistance of the members of the community, I think its the best I had ever had, so organized! I like to being study here very much!

By Thomas J M

Mar 8, 2019

The course did a nice job in the time available in conveying the basics of how to listen to music in a different way and how to begin to produce music in a way that uses the technology to convey a desired emotion.

By Vinicius C

Jul 12, 2017

Great introduction to the subject. The peer graded assignments are really helpful for learning and growing as a producer. I recommend taking this course along with a DAW course if you haven't yet mastered a DAW.

By Wilfredo A

Feb 19, 2018

The course was very valuable to me, providing a lot of information about the aspects that have to do with the emotionality when come producing music. it also covered some technical aspects. Highly recommended

By Maxime C

Nov 23, 2020

An essential course for all musicians, beginners or experienced.

Stephen is an inspiring and passionate instructor who will teach you how to listen to your own music and give meaning to your musical project.

By Raquela M

May 10, 2017

So far so good.. I would like to know why when I'm writing my feedback I'm not able to space my wording? Not happy that is has made it complicated to express my comments. Please advise how this can be fixed!

By Michał R

May 9, 2020

This course is great!! But only if you're feeling good with hard work on your own music and you're ready for understand your limitations and go beyond them. Thanks to Mr. Stephen Webber for great lectures.

By João A C L M d S

Fantastic course. Kept me motivated from day 0.

It reaches a wide spectrum of things a DIY musician should know.

The peer to peer activities are wonderful and I've learned a lot with my peers.

Thanks a lot!

By Henry S

Jul 20, 2017

I am not able to find a link to look at the reviews of my work. Where are they located. And where am I going to find the answer to this question. Perhaps send me an email

hschniewind@earthlink.net

By Denis M

Nov 16, 2018

I just love how this course opened my eyes and ears to Music production basics. Been searching the internet especially YouTube but here lies the answers. And its enjoyable. All the material is relevant.

By Yolanda M

May 18, 2018

This course is absolutely amazing. It's incredible what you can learn when you put your mind to it and it's really great having input from other people such as your peers. I would do it all over again.

By Rashida M

Jul 29, 2020

By Raoul S

Apr 18, 2018

I really enjoyed learning about music production also discovered how fun it is to create from the heart!

I will most surely be taking more from this class, in the next coming weeks!

Thanks so Much !

By Logan Q

Aug 18, 2020

This course was absolutely fantastic! I really love how well organized and thought out all of the lectures and assignments were. This has really helped encourage me to continue pursuing music =)

By Jan Y

Aug 30, 2020

Brilliantly brought by Stephen Webber, this course does it's best - developes you as a musician and as a producer. Music serves to convey emotions, this course serves to convey music in you.

By Al W F

Jan 23, 2019

In this section I've learned a great deal about music as art form. I can now appreciate music much better and challenge myself while listening to a song or watching a singer or performance.

By Chris M

Dec 12, 2018

Excellent! Congratulations to Coursera and Berklee for bringing us these practical tips that surpassed my expectations really worth it and I will share with everyone this great content.

By Yuriy G

Feb 19, 2017

Очень интересный и познавательный курс. Stephen Webber сумел заинтересовать и передать интересные навыки, появилось много идей, которые я намерен реализовать. В общем - спасибо большое

By Diogo A G

Dec 14, 2018

A good course, though introductory and basic. It gives you great insights into the process of composition, production and post-production, and also give you some really helpful tools.

By Sanil L

Feb 6, 2020

I'm really enjoyed The Art of Music Production Course and got lot of basic knowledge about Music Production terminology. I'm Highly recommend this essential guide for music producers

By Farid A R

Dec 15, 2016

Such an exciting course. If you struggle with finding more about yourself as an artist , I highly recommend taking this course. Stephen is articulate, engaging and knows his stuff.

By Fran

Jan 21, 2018

Ha sido increible! Contenido muy buena y las explicaciones de las clases son realmente inspiradoras con muchas técnicas que ayudan a definir un mejor sonido para tus grabaciones.

By Nicholas A

Jun 11, 2016

The course won't go deep into any subject, but it's a *great* intro. The teacher is just SO great, he keeps making you want to come back for the next lesson over and over again!