Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

201 - 225 of 491 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Christian A T P

Jun 5, 2020

Excelente información, Stephen Webber es un gran maestro y se aprende mucho sobre producción musical.

By Naltic C

Mar 17, 2018

It's helpful and essential to my music journey. The fellows are enthusiastic and I enjoy this course!

By Дмитрий М

Sep 7, 2017

Stephen, your experience and attitude really inspire. Thanks a lot. Hope to meet you once in person.

By Matías A D

Jul 20, 2020

I really learned a lot on this course and it really motivated me to be better and keep recording!!!

By Douglas M

Fantastic, I learned a lot during the course, Instructor Stephen is one of the best I've ever seen.

By Riccio A L Z

Aug 7, 2016

Me gusto mucho, aprendí una gran cantidad de cosas que me han ayudado en mi desarrollo como músico.

By Diego V F

Nov 22, 2020

SI vas empezando o quieres aprender producción musical, este es un muy buen lugar para comenzar.

By Josip G

Aug 20, 2018

It was a good and informative course that has taught me a 'thing or two' about music production!

By Amit M

Jun 29, 2018

wonderful course that thought good skills to give feedback, different methods like layering etc

By Devin M

Nov 2, 2020

I really enjoyed this course.

The lessons were very informative and the teacher was great too.

By Germán C

May 22, 2020

Thank you so much. This course gave me great resources to improve my music production skills.

By Cathy G

Jul 13, 2016

Excellent information to help musicians define themselves and create more interesting music.

By Zhixian W

Mar 1, 2021

Very inspiring, always reminds me what's most important about music and about being myself.

By Ma. T A L

Dec 29, 2020

I learned so much! Thanks to this course, I know that I'll be able to improve on my music.

By Carlos E R Á

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso! Te enseña de forma muy básica y general la labor de la Producción Musical

By Santiago A D

Mar 28, 2019

Amazing course, 2nd week is a bit hard to swallow, but after that is just smooth sailing.

By Carreen P

Feb 19, 2018

A very well conducted instruction course with practical tips on what to do going forward.

By Jacob T M

Aug 17, 2016

powerful course i can recommend anyone thinking of doing music production to try this one

By Aleksey G

Dec 16, 2019

Great course! I've learned so much. Thank you Berklee and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Felipe d S F

Feb 5, 2017

Todos aqueles "segredinhos" que ninguém irá te contar, estão em sua grande maioria aqui,

By Diego F E

Aug 19, 2016

Amazing. Awesome teacher. Was a big eye opener to me. Can't wait to record my new songs!

By Giovanni R

Oct 5, 2020

Me sirvió mucho para orientarme hacia los conceptos esenciales de la producción musical

By Karla G S

Oct 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course to anyone who wants to start as me in music production.

By Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2020

Really enjoyed the coarse. It's a good intro to the theory of making songs overall.

By Emanuel V d M S

Jan 23, 2020

I have learned a lot from the general knowledge of music production in this course.