Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

201 - 225 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Carlos E R Á

Apr 28, 2020

Excelente curso! Te enseña de forma muy básica y general la labor de la Producción Musical

By Santiago A D

Mar 28, 2019

Amazing course, 2nd week is a bit hard to swallow, but after that is just smooth sailing.

By Carreen P

Feb 19, 2018

A very well conducted instruction course with practical tips on what to do going forward.

By Jacob T M

Aug 17, 2016

powerful course i can recommend anyone thinking of doing music production to try this one

By Aleksey G

Dec 16, 2019

Great course! I've learned so much. Thank you Berklee and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Felipe d S F

Feb 5, 2017

Todos aqueles "segredinhos" que ninguém irá te contar, estão em sua grande maioria aqui,

By Diego F E

Aug 19, 2016

Amazing. Awesome teacher. Was a big eye opener to me. Can't wait to record my new songs!

By Giovanni R

Oct 5, 2020

Me sirvió mucho para orientarme hacia los conceptos esenciales de la producción musical

By Karla G S

Oct 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course to anyone who wants to start as me in music production.

By Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2020

Really enjoyed the coarse. It's a good intro to the theory of making songs overall.

By Emanuel V d M S

Jan 23, 2020

I have learned a lot from the general knowledge of music production in this course.

By Rodrigo M

Nov 17, 2020

Glad to participated in this course. In fact, applying the themes to my own music.

By Mike O

Oct 4, 2020

Great introduction to the art of music production....got me wanting to learn more.

By Norb

May 24, 2017

Great course! I love everything about it. Thank you coursera! Thanks you Berklee!

By Aryan Y

Sep 27, 2020

Amazing course with great community and the mentor Stephen Webber is amazing....

By María R R G

Sep 17, 2020

Maravillosa experiencia, me ayudó a desarrollar nuevas destrezas de mi profesión

By André R

Essential course for the ones who has an interest in work as a musical producer.

By Jasmin M

Oct 5, 2019

I am very grateful that I am starting to be part in this kind of online careers.

By David C

Mar 11, 2017

Some great ideas and concepts that everyone involved in music should know about.

By Alex M

Jun 28, 2020

Ideal course for anyone interested in learning the art behind music production.

By Pedro J R D

Nov 1, 2017

Great course, had a lot of fun and learned a lot in just this beginners course.

By Arlan W

Jun 28, 2017

I found this to be an excellent course. The teacher is both friendly and clear.

By Yousuf N

Nov 27, 2017

it was an amazing opportunity to learn and explore new skills. eager for more!

By Johan O

Aug 1, 2018

i really did like this course it made me think of things a little differently

By Lin K

Mar 20, 2018

The course you have to take not just to become an artist but a compelling one