Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

126 - 150 of 458 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Mayara S P

Apr 27, 2020

Very good and the instructor is great and seems to know a lot about production! I learn easily and took the classes nonstop just because was so fun!

By Victor R

Jul 9, 2020

I really enjoy this course, just I would like if more people review our assignments, but you can learn the principles of the music production here.

By Tina B Z

Jun 12, 2020

Very helpful in learning the high level ideas and concepts of music production. As a beginner with basic musicianship this is what I need. Thanks!

By Alejandra H F ( F

Jul 22, 2018

I loved it, I came from scratch and now I feel that I have what it takes to produce a nice tape, now I want to learn more and be better every day.

By Jakub N

Mar 20, 2018

Amazing course, very good lecturer, effective structure and many useful information for your productions. Thank you, Stephen and the Berklee team!

By John B

I achieved a lot in this course. I encourage all to take this course and learn a lot! Thank you Stephen and all that created this amazing course.

By Arturo F C F

Mar 29, 2019

Me parece my interesante la perspectiva que ofrece este curso desde un punto de vista para trabajar con emociones en la composición de la música.

By Konrad S

Nov 5, 2018

thank you very much for the guidance, i like very much what i have learned and hopefully will convey thi to my musios in the area

greetings Kappie

By Steve F B

Jun 9, 2020

A really helpful course for any beginner who is passionate about his/her music and willing to start producing. Learned a lot from these lessons.

By Rami A

It was clear, smart, simple and very direct to what you will need to focus your vision on what you want i really liked it and loved the content

By Erin A

Apr 3, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It made me think seriously about who I am as a musician, and how I intend to tell my story. Very nice course!

By MOHAMED A S

Oct 8, 2020

I think it was a very useful and influential course. It developed thanks to this course. Thanks a lot, Mr. Stephen Webber thanks alot coursera

By Simon H

Dec 13, 2017

A very interesting course which made me look at music production in a different way, and not just think about the gear used to create a track.

By Marcelo J S

Jul 14, 2020

La verdad lo mejor que me paso en mucho tiempo ya que aprendí muchas cosas en este curso lo recomiendo si tengo que poner puntos le doy un 10

By Akshaya

Mar 26, 2019

It's a very useful course! I went from knowing nothing about music production to knowing a whole lot! Stephen was a very good instructor too!

By Heather L

Jul 10, 2017

I learned a lot and it was a lot of fun. Stephen is a great teacher. Met some really cool people also taking the course. Loved it. Thank you!

By SANTIAGO D C C

Jul 1, 2020

Sólo hacen falta algunos módulos con su respectiva traducción al español. Me ofrezco a realizar ese trabajo. ¿Cómo puedo ayudar? ¡Saludos!

By Ameya M

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course. it got me going on music production and interested me even further! I would and have already recommended this to others.

By George B H

Nov 22, 2020

Very educational, good to follow, course assignments are well thought out and easy to follow. Professor knows subject material very well.

By Eylon K

Jul 16, 2017

Amazing course. It is very motivating and informative, and the videos are great. It's never boring and always clear. I had a great time.

By KAZI Z A

Thanks for the faculties and the Coursera team for giving me such an opportunity to learn digitally during this critical time thank you

By Armando G S M y M V F

Jan 3, 2020

Thanks Stephen Webber for give so much with in a few words. It was really useful. As a producer you can see what an artist doesn't see.

By Rizka R

Jul 19, 2016

Very good structure. Suitable for basic Learner, easy to follow, assigment helps alot on understanding and excersicing our capability.

By Vasil Z

Nov 3, 2017

The amount and quality of information and learning included in this course is something that no can afford to lose. Very recommended.

By Guido B

Jun 30, 2020

Great Course, it helped me a lot to know my goals and vision as an artist, and to incorporate more tools as a composer and producer.