Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

176 - 200 of 488 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Randy B

Jan 29, 2019

Professor takes us to the art and has us partcipate, has us create art - music that's good. Step by step, not a problem.

By Ricardo P O

Mar 5, 2018

Good information, good themes, very inspiring and well organized. The professor has a gift to teach and communicate well.

By Craig S

Aug 3, 2017

Great introduction to music production and how to frame artists and yourself to help people better understand the vision.

By Ferd V

Jan 30, 2017

What a Great Course....Thanks so much Stephen & Berklee....and of course COURSERA!!!!

Always be in debt with you guys!!!!

By Sam S

Nov 1, 2016

Great class on exploring the artistic side of music production. Very helpful for me taking my songs to the next level!

By Ruzilya Y

Oct 20, 2016

very cool courses and mentors. information is short and accurate and nothing is better I ever saw.thank you very much!

By Matthew D

Sep 2, 2017

Wonderful course that turned out to be more challenging than I would have anticipated. Very happy I am participating.

By Ciprian I C

Oct 21, 2019

Very effective. This course is well-thought-out. I recommend it to all musicians who starting out a producer career.

By Justin E

Aug 13, 2017

It's a good and interesting course, and if subtitles can support the language of many countries, that would be great

By Pedro A V

Aug 10, 2020

Very nice course! Gives you a nice overview of the different thing you should know to work with musical production.

By Elvis R d L

Feb 20, 2021

yo en lo personal disfruté mucho este curso porque es la base para el arte musical... muchas gracias por enseñarme

By Siddharth P

Oct 8, 2020

Stephen Webber has a great presence. His instruction so lucid, the information so clear. It was a pleasure really.

By Ahmed A

Mar 31, 2020

I enjoyed with this course and I have learned a lot with stephen webber ..

Thanks Berklee , Thanks Stephen Webber

By Samuel F

Feb 28, 2019

Ótimo curso! O Stephen é um ótimo professor,com uma sensibilidade musical extremamente apurada! Recomendo á todos!

By Gastón B

Jun 27, 2020

Muy buen curso! Aprendí mucho, y Stephen tiene una manera muy didáctica de transmitir el contenido. Recomendable!

By Juan D F L

Jun 19, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, there are different important topics that could help my producer-musician career

By Michael F

Jun 27, 2016

I really enjoyed the content of this course. It has been very helpful in my development as a musical artist.

By Alvin M D

Aug 1, 2020

Loved the Ideas that were shared in the course, especially the idea of defining one's identity as an artist.

By Jaison C

Mar 5, 2020

I have a new understanding of a framework for creativity that has already been beneficial to my production.

By Rich H

Oct 24, 2018

Fantastic! Helped me really focus on artist identity and crafting who I want to be as an artist. Thank you!

By Anubhav M

Sep 20, 2017

Very Good and helpful for those who aspire to become a good and perfect Music Producer , Singer-Songwriter.

By Fernando B

Feb 22, 2021

Very good course, I highly recommend it for all musicians who are looking to develop their musical career.

By Harold p

Feb 19, 2021

mi agradecimiento a Coursera y a la Oficina de Inclusión y desarrollo de Barranquilla por la oportunidad.

By alison m

Apr 1, 2020

I found the professor easy to follow and understand. He made the class enjoyable, and I learned a lot!!!

By Milla L

Aug 3, 2020

Great course for anyone interested in music! Really helps to set your intentions for any music project.