Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

JA
Dec 3, 2020

the best starting point to continue your knowledge on the relevant and basic skills required in managing a project. Effective notes and referral videos for further understanding of project management.

K
Nov 25, 2020

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

101 - 125 of 1,929 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Michelle P F

Nov 9, 2020

Thank you to the Department of Science and Technology Philippines, Coursera, University of California, Irvine Extension and instructor, Mr. Rob Stone for this opportunity to improve my project management and team leadership skills.

By Chen Z

May 10, 2019

A unique lesson on project management to encourage people and guide people on how to control your project and lead the team. It also can be used for managing the works and your life as a tool. A good class to make career step in!

By Hugo d O B

Dec 10, 2016

Curso muito amplo e abrange as muitas áreas de gerência e projetos com clareza e objetividade, além de apresentar exemplos e casos práticos. Unica ressalva é na distribuição dos módulos, que acho que poderiam ser mais equalizados.

By Luis E M

Jan 30, 2017

Great course. Aside from the Career Success specialization I am looking into a Project Management specialization. This course has really given me an indicator of what my next continued education specialization will be. Thank you.

By Mohamed

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent Loved it ! It doesnt cover all topics involved ofcourse but it was right for me . I just wanted to enhance my knowledge on the basics since i was learning Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management .

By Vishva v N

Mar 16, 2021

It is very useful for me to learn and improve my personal development... Thank you for the Coursera organization to help me to complete my course without any difficulties.And I have learned soo much through this organization..

By Fernando R M M

Nov 17, 2016

Excellent course, the teacher develops really well his contents besides being really nice and captivating during his lessons. I'd recommend this course 100% to anyone willing to get a solid foundation on project management.

By Yaser A B

Jan 14, 2016

Really helpful for the beginners and professionals , Instructor is really knows what he is teaching and is really professional. I recommend this course to all the people looking for guidelines regarding Project Management.

By Stéphane C

Sep 25, 2020

This course will give you the keys to start your project with the good bases.Professor Stone's explanations are very clears, he will give you tools and examples to keep your project on track and to solve issues when occur

By Satyam K

Sep 20, 2020

It is a very good course for a person who has started a new business/who are already a business men, to increase the knowledge and skill for project management.

As a student I hope it will give a positive affect on my CV.

By David N

The instructor gave examples on certain parts of the lecture, which helped me to visualize and understand how some of the tools can be applicable in the real world, and not just based on how it can be used theoretically.

By Sibongile Z

Jul 20, 2019

This is a very insightful and relevant course. I enjoyed listening to Rob Stone. He is an excellent teacher and he simplifies difficult concepts well. The examples given were also easy to understand. Thank you so much.

By chintan

Nov 5, 2018

It is very good course for those who want to become manager or become leader in any organization whether governmental or nongovernmental. course make person familiarize to the skills need to be for successful manager.

By Dudley I L

Dec 29, 2018

On of the Best Courses on Coursera. Rob Stone is a very good teacher. he gives good examples and explains topics on a very good and comprehensive way. This will really help me in my Construction Management Carrier

By Akvile S

Nov 1, 2020

Information in this course is very specific and concrete, you can use it in your daily work or start form first step to manage the projects. I feel grateful by having an opportunity to learn this course. Thank you!

By Haziq K

Jul 22, 2020

An excellent course for those looking to become a future Project manager. The instructor is very well experienced and shares knowledge with many real-life events which can help us understand the topics even better.

By Nalin G

Jul 20, 2017

This course is by far one of the courses which required revision of what is taught and studied during the lecture videos.The materials are helpful and are vastly dispersed engaging completely in project management.

By Alejandra G A

Jun 18, 2020

It was a great course. I liked that the teacher has a lot of experience in the topic, so he provided us with examples of how things do not go as planned and how to prevent them by using the tools he was teaching.

By Cecilia E

Oct 1, 2019

This was a good foundation course. And it was helpful that sources for definitions or descriptions were provided, as well as differing schools of thought. There were also enough examples to illustrate the conce

By Alexander F

Feb 26, 2021

So many practical tools, advice and ideas that course has, strongly recommended to pass. Be careful, that has some trap with load distribution, please check that with your schedule planning at the start point.

By Khozhylo M

Jul 29, 2019

This is an excellent course that will give the basics in project management. I advise him to anyone who wants to work in this field. This is a great start to a career. With this course you can learn the basics.

By Evon A

Nov 18, 2020

So grateful to this program, I have recalled and learned again my basic knowledge on Project Management. There are new concepts I`ve learned as well and would be very beneficial to my work now. Many thanks!

By HENRIQUE C A D F

Mar 8, 2018

Was a great experience for my knowledgement to have the first contact with this rich material and expertise. Adding a lot of information for me and will help me to improve my next projects in Human Resources.

By Christopher N

Jul 4, 2020

Very helpful in gaining a basic understanding of what a Product Manager does and how they implement structure into a project. It also provides great advice on how to work with everyone involved in a project.

By Sam I

May 1, 2020

Completing the course gives me the impression that I'm now set to explore using the many principles and practicable concepts taught during the course.

It was indeed time well spent.

I'll do this over and over.