Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

JG

Mar 28, 2018

Very informative and interesting. Lots of useful tools. What I liked in this course was that there were lots of examples given on how to act when something does not go as planned or if issues arrise.

101 - 125 of 1,659 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Christopher N

Jul 04, 2020

Very helpful in gaining a basic understanding of what a Product Manager does and how they implement structure into a project. It also provides great advice on how to work with everyone involved in a project.

By Sam I

May 02, 2020

Completing the course gives me the impression that I'm now set to explore using the many principles and practicable concepts taught during the course.

It was indeed time well spent.

I'll do this over and over.

By Katherin T

Oct 11, 2016

I really like this course, it broke down the concepts in each unit to a very understandable manner. And the examples for each of the cases in play were a great resource, in my opinion. Thank you very much.

By SUSHIL K S V

Aug 17, 2019

Learned a lot of new things! I could not believe it when I heard Project Management is actually something that goes into a course! Really benefited from knowing that it is formalized into a course content.

By Kobrin A

Apr 09, 2018

Good course. The professor explains everything in a very understandable and accessible language. The only thing I would like is more official definitions, because they are necessary for passing the tests.

By Delles S

Dec 17, 2015

Rob Stone does an excellent job at covering key elements of Project Management. As a supplemental course, I have used this knowledge to strengthen my understanding and application of the topic.

By 연 김

Aug 07, 2016

By this lesson, I can more learn about communication skill and method to manage many other project. I think this lesson is the best to make people's project management skiil. Thank you for professor:

By ridox

Mar 08, 2016

The teacher gave us simple and integrated conceptions about PM. He illustrated us many useful tools which could help people to understand the project. In a word, it is worthy to have this class.

By Sanju D P

Jul 29, 2020

The instructor explained all the key facts very nicely and attractively. He has great knowledge and experience about project management, Thank you very much for providing such a valuable course.

By Moise K

Jul 13, 2020

This is my second course with Prof. Rob Stone. the course well detailed, easy to follow, and straight to the point. Now I can take on some projects and apply the skills I learned in this course.

By Robertha K

Jul 03, 2020

It was a GREAT learning experience and I would do it all over again. The knowledge gained is an immeasurable asset to my professional career. Thanks to the UCI Team. The professor is amazing👏👏

By Mohammed Q M A A

Jun 15, 2020

the course really helpful for managerial level who work with big teams and different project its more into dealing with people and how to manage your team and become successful project manager

By Sakib H

Sep 06, 2018

It was a pretty good experience throughout the course. Learn a lot of new thing handling a project and team members. Appreciate the way mentor presented the course materials. Thanks a lot.

By Alexander M H

Apr 07, 2018

Mr. Stone has set up a great course, I have few other courses in project management, and he has provide to me more detailed info and a great structure, giving me strategic tools to apply.

By Claire M

Feb 14, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. While some of the information was not necessarily new to me, the wealth of examples made everything clearer. I can't wait to try to apply what I have learned.

By Rahul T D

Jun 21, 2020

The explanations by the faculty are quite concise and clear to understand the concepts. The examples given are very apt. The course creates interest in learning in this subject further.

By Tri L

May 28, 2017

This course is great, a devoted teacher. I have opportunities to understand some rules and regulations about how to take the project to success. Thanks teacher, university and coursera.

By Andrew B

Jun 12, 2016

great explanations, a lot of useable information in every module, and plain language to make even convoluted items seem easily within grasp. I'm grateful I was able to take this course

By Therese M R

Apr 18, 2016

It has provided me a structure on what Project Management is. I have all the practice but the theoretical framework capturing Project Management has been well explained in this course.

By Maria E d M M

Jan 12, 2016

Estou numa fase de transição da minha carreira profissional. Este curso ajudou-me a abrir horizontes e ganhar novas metodologias que farão de mim, num futuro, uma gestora de projecto.

By Roy S d l C

Aug 12, 2020

This is my first course completed here in Coursera and I'm excited to take the specialized one. This course is very fundamental and helpful both in the private and public workplaces.

By AMITAVA D

Oct 18, 2015

This is an excellent course delivered by an excellent teacher. Rob Stone makes the subject come alive with appropriate examples. Thanks and congratulations for a project well done.

By Obrad V

Oct 18, 2017

Project Management is the fundamental skill you'll need in every personal or business endeavor you'll take and this is by far the best course I attended when it comes on this topic.

By Muhammad W D

Aug 26, 2020

This course is extremely helpful for beginners looking to develop managerial skills and add to their resume. I had a great time learning and would definitely recommend this course.

By Josep R B A

Nov 18, 2015

Great course, especially for people non trained on Project Management (PMI). Excellent teaching and concepts, easy comprehension, you'll learn a lot of concepts taking this course.