Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

JG
Mar 27, 2018

Very informative and interesting. Lots of useful tools. What I liked in this course was that there were lots of examples given on how to act when something does not go as planned or if issues arrise.

26 - 50 of 1,742 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Anant S

Jun 5, 2020

Course was perfect for beginners. Instructor Rob stone is really a simple man and his ability to make learners understand is phenomenal, initially in few minutes of first video i thought he is boring but i was wrong. Would recommend to everyone who wants to learn basics of project management. Course is worth the time. Could easily be completed in less than a week.

By Sanju D P

Jul 29, 2020

The instructor explained all the key facts very nicely and attractively. He has great knowledge and experience about project management, Thank you very much for providing such a valuable course.

By Richard R

Jan 17, 2016

I enjoyed the overview of project management and the detailed explanations that were immediately helpful in my work. Lots of great information! Many things for me to think about over a long time

By Shorya P

Oct 3, 2020

It was helpful for knowing more about team management, communication skill

By Johannes K

Dec 29, 2016

The first three weeks are totally trivial. I hardly doubt that anyone learns something except how certain practices are called. (Maybe good for school students.) Week 4 is better. I recommend the lecturer to improve the previous weeks and to redistribute some of the contents of week four. Some real-world examples which point out typical mistakes or give useful hints would be welcome in the first three weeks as well.

By Tanaya G

Nov 5, 2020

The audio at the first 3 weeks are sounded like it was breaking. And it made me frustrated and couldn't even grab the points prof were discussing.

By Oscar C

Jul 13, 2020

Some of the quiz questions are very vague, and easily result in getting wrong answers.

By Alexander W R

Jun 21, 2020

The information in this course helped me to understand the processes of project management, and it also gave me excellent guidance in dealing with problems that may arise during the duration of a project. I feel that information and guidance through project management was the intent of the course, and that intention was realized efficiently. I wish the quizes could have been geared more towards developing experience in problem solving within the context of project management.

By kaiwenMAI

Aug 15, 2018

thank you for giving me a chances for a basic impression of project management. The course is clear and it's very well to understand. I've carry out the project for years but not have any courses related to that until now. I think it may be a big changes after go through all the specific lessons, it's funny to figure it out that there would be other skill to deal with the difficult problems in the project. The samples are really help. many thanks

By Ronnie M

Nov 19, 2015

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine this class has been one of my favorite since I've joined Coursera. In the course I've learn so much about project management & everything related to this subject. One of my favorite part of this course is when I can take the quiz as many times as I want in order for me to get right & pass the course.

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine & Coursera

Keep up the good work.

By Nusrat J

Nov 17, 2020

This course is completely amazing in a word. I was thrilled with the beauty of project management. I used to think project management is some sort of coding, and other related works. But, this course changed my view. Project Management is more of managerial skills, leadership skills, and many more. I am feeling overwhelmed as I got the chance to learn this course. Thanks a lot Rob sir for making this course so much understandable.

By LEE, Y

Apr 7, 2019

Wonderful and Great course! I really get good information about business. And the course target the basic understand of the business field. It is easy for novice to understand terms and how to use these therms such as SQCT Targets, WBS, PM Role, Scheduling.

I hope you who are not familiar with business that you can try this course.

This course so help you to improve your skills and mindset for starting business!

By Yalchin M

Jul 22, 2020

I really, truly, honestly, literally loved the way how the instructor teach. Examples were so good and relevant to the topic. So, worth taking this course. Just one little thing that I wanted to be modified. In the week 4, instead of having just one big quiz after all those big videos, in my opinion, it would better to involve multiple quizzes in different sections of week 4. Thanks for everything.

By Loki Y

Feb 28, 2016

Good teacher !

Introduce the basic of engineering project including the elements of the engineer, WBS, how to be a good project manager and so on.

Very helpful for the beginners.

What I suggest is the teacher could use more gesture or facial expression or more vivid examples rather than cilck the mouse and just read the PPT.

Anyway, that's helps me have a rough view of the PM, thank you!

By W. S N I

Jul 12, 2020

I am grateful of the well-thought out procedure of the course, which made it very easy for me to follow up despite my busy life style. It was very easy to understand and I would say that anyone can start learning project management and it will give 100% of basics with examples. The lecturer teaches with patience, I love it. Take this course, you'll be happy and grateful at the end.

By Kerdia J

Oct 27, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed learning in this course, the best thing is the instructor's personality which made it fun. When explaining, he defined terms in his own words and used examples, which was great! I love the part about dealing with people, because that is so important, not just in the workplace but in life in general. Thank you Professor Stone, you are amazing! 🎉🎉

By Richard K A

Nov 3, 2019

Simple, no long notes coupled with simple but great video materials. This course scaled up a new paradigm shift in my personal life and managerial / leadership skills. Initiating and closing projects is almost an everyday activity in my daily transactions. This course came at the right time and I am more than glad I took this course. Great course. Thanks Coursera

By Abdullo G

Apr 25, 2020

Great, but distribution of the materials among the weeks is not appropriate and convenient...

For instance, i could totally miss the first 3 weeks and on week 4 work the hardest to get the best grade, but the effort was initially put accordingly (cause i did not know)... But in general, better than the majority of courses i have looked through, Danke Schon

By ANIKA F

Oct 17, 2020

This course is an excellent course for anyone who is working in teams. It not only teaches how to manage a project, but also how to negotiate, pursue and lead a team. The course instructor is exceptionally good. He uses examples and draw a scenario to explain various points, which make the whole course interesting and easily understandable.

By Mehdi I

Jul 5, 2018

Having done the course, you will be able to relate many of the activities you do to the idea of project. I think the best part of this course is you dont have to apply the insight you get from it only in your professional life, you can also use this profound knowledge in your other segments of life e.g. personal, social and what not.

By Rizaldar R

Aug 22, 2020

Greetings!

I would like to personally thank the lecturer Mr. Stone for providing us the chance to gain valuable insight into the world of projects and the concept of Project Management.

Would love to express my gratitude to Coursera for providing an excellent platform for anyone wishing to seek knowledge on any topic out there.

By Victor Q

Nov 1, 2020

The course was concisely presented. Valuable information gained thru online learning will be helpful for my career and personal development. Thank you very much to the instructor, Rob Stone, PMP M. Ed. Special thanks as well to the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Philippines and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Amy S

Jun 18, 2020

I am an entrepreneur running an Interior Design business. I am looking to develop systems and work on team building. This course gave a great overview of Project management and will help my company when we are working with others to successfully complete a project. The instructor is great, and I enjoyed his humor.

By Luis F V C

Sep 20, 2015

This is a great introduction to Project Management, clear language and examples with PMI concepts and definitions.

I would just improve the slides PDF files, there is no need to put one slide for each action, if there is a list, each element of the list generates a new slide. Anyway content is great.

Thanks a lot!

By MOHAMMAD R I B

May 12, 2020

This Project management course is important because it ensures there's rigor in architecting projects properly so that they fit well within the broader context of our client's strategic frameworks. Good project management ensures that the goals of projects closely align with the strategic goals of the business.