Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

AM

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

JG

Mar 28, 2018

Very informative and interesting. Lots of useful tools. What I liked in this course was that there were lots of examples given on how to act when something does not go as planned or if issues arrise.

26 - 50 of 1,257 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By kaiwenMAI

Aug 15, 2018

thank you for giving me a chances for a basic impression of project management. The course is clear and it's very well to understand. I've carry out the project for years but not have any courses related to that until now. I think it may be a big changes after go through all the specific lessons, it's funny to figure it out that there would be other skill to deal with the difficult problems in the project. The samples are really help. many thanks

By Ronnie M

Nov 19, 2015

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine this class has been one of my favorite since I've joined Coursera. In the course I've learn so much about project management & everything related to this subject. One of my favorite part of this course is when I can take the quiz as many times as I want in order for me to get right & pass the course.

Thank you so much University Of California, Irvine & Coursera

Keep up the good work.

By LEE, Y

Apr 08, 2019

Wonderful and Great course! I really get good information about business. And the course target the basic understand of the business field. It is easy for novice to understand terms and how to use these therms such as SQCT Targets, WBS, PM Role, Scheduling.

I hope you who are not familiar with business that you can try this course.

This course so help you to improve your skills and mindset for starting business!

By Loki Y

Feb 28, 2016

Good teacher !

Introduce the basic of engineering project including the elements of the engineer, WBS, how to be a good project manager and so on.

Very helpful for the beginners.

What I suggest is the teacher could use more gesture or facial expression or more vivid examples rather than cilck the mouse and just read the PPT.

Anyway, that's helps me have a rough view of the PM, thank you!

By Richard K A

Nov 03, 2019

Simple, no long notes coupled with simple but great video materials. This course scaled up a new paradigm shift in my personal life and managerial / leadership skills. Initiating and closing projects is almost an everyday activity in my daily transactions. This course came at the right time and I am more than glad I took this course. Great course. Thanks Coursera

By Abdullo G

Apr 25, 2020

Great, but distribution of the materials among the weeks is not appropriate and convenient...

For instance, i could totally miss the first 3 weeks and on week 4 work the hardest to get the best grade, but the effort was initially put accordingly (cause i did not know)... But in general, better than the majority of courses i have looked through, Danke Schon

By Mehdi I

Jul 05, 2018

Having done the course, you will be able to relate many of the activities you do to the idea of project. I think the best part of this course is you dont have to apply the insight you get from it only in your professional life, you can also use this profound knowledge in your other segments of life e.g. personal, social and what not.

By Luis F V C

Sep 20, 2015

This is a great introduction to Project Management, clear language and examples with PMI concepts and definitions.

I would just improve the slides PDF files, there is no need to put one slide for each action, if there is a list, each element of the list generates a new slide. Anyway content is great.

Thanks a lot!

By MOHAMMAD R I B

May 12, 2020

This Project management course is important because it ensures there's rigor in architecting projects properly so that they fit well within the broader context of our client's strategic frameworks. Good project management ensures that the goals of projects closely align with the strategic goals of the business.

By Ozge C

Apr 07, 2017

The course has very nice and easy to follow content for a beginner. I think it could be even better if two small problems are addressed. First, in the lecture videos some slides are to fast and I had to pause or go back several times. Second, the course content is not equally distributed among the 4 weeks.

By Audric C

Oct 04, 2015

For a person like me who is not english-,native speaker, it was really great to finally understand everything. The professor is perfectly understandable. And the explanations given all along the courses are very clear. It was the first online course I followed and it was really great.

Thx Mr. Stone!

By Andrew D

Sep 05, 2015

An amazing introductory course that clearly teaches you the project management principles. I came out feeling that it gave me great building blocks to put on practice at work straight away.

On top of the contents, the concrete and amusing ways of the instructor make this course a must for anyone.

By Abhijeet V

Rob Stone is really intelligent and experienced person in this field. His way of teaching is really excellent and would like to learn more him! This course provides you an outline on project management. Exams and Quizzes are really crucial factors in this course, it will test your knowledge.

By Klaus-Michael C

Nov 09, 2015

I enjoyed the course very much. I learn very much. It inspired me and made me less apprehensive of the gigantic job I have in front of me. To follow the simple rules and questions of the course will lead you on the right path to success of your mission-based business.

Thanks

Klaus-Michael

By Kanchariya H

Sep 18, 2015

I personally fond of this first-time encounter with Project Management on Coursera. The course is not too stressful for the beginner as myself; however, I could grab many basic things from this course to have more confident! At least, I know something about management :) Thanks!

By Glenn M G

Mar 05, 2020

Excellent as a methodology to study the fundamentals online. We ordinarily use differing project management tools in an adhoc fashion, this course helps identify and prioritize the essential elements of managing any project thereby adding value in our project management skills.

By sarath

Oct 19, 2016

“The method of teaching was fantastic. The assignments were well made and portioned appropriately. The instructor was knowledgeable. The class material was splendid and made the class enjoyable overall. I would strongly recommend this instructor & Course to any other student.”

By Elena L

Mar 06, 2016

Thank you very much for the great course! Very useful information not only in the PM area, but also in the management in general. Also very good flexible approach with moving deadlines, as sometimes it is very difficult to find time among busy schedule to listen to the course.

By Judith M

I truly enjoyed learning about this course, which not only applies to Project management at work but in business and life, in general. The instructor was also great and knowledgeable. I will recommend this course to anyone interested in taking their career to a higher level.

By Bilal H

Mar 07, 2020

I am very glad that I have taken this course and I also wanted to say thanks to the whole team and specially to Rob Stone.

The content of the course is excellent, the pace was good and I didn't face any difficulty understanding the concepts presented in the course.

By Khaled A

A very well-structured course with great delivery by the instructor. The amount and value of information offered in this course are immense. Highly recommend it for anyone who is looking to go over the basics of project management specifically or just management in general

By Laura C

Jul 21, 2017

This course is very helpful and educational. If I could change one things it would be week 4. That week is way to long. In my opinion, it should be broken down into 2 separate weeks. Other than that, the course is great. I would definitely recommend this course to others!

By Jennifer R

Dec 01, 2016

I really liked this course and it covered a range of topics for Project Success and basic principles. The instructor did an excellent job making the concepts down to earth and with real world applicable scenarios. It helped me identify the concept and process it better.

By Arunabh B

May 11, 2018

Great in-depth course on the fundamental of the Project Management course. Would definitely recommend anyone starting off with the PM role to go through this course. Obviously, being a good project manager is an ongoing-process, and requires time, effort and experience!

By Umair A

Jul 02, 2017

This course helped me to understand the basics of Project Management and focuses on why the knowledge of Project Management helps in getting projects done efficiently, and economically ! Its a definite must for anyone trying to tap into the project management realm !!