Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

JA
Dec 3, 2020

the best starting point to continue your knowledge on the relevant and basic skills required in managing a project. Effective notes and referral videos for further understanding of project management.

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

151 - 175 of 1,894 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Clare T

Jul 7, 2020

I was able to learn a lot about project management, even if I don't have any background related to it. The lecture was very informative and gives a lot of real life examples, too.

By Annelia A

Nov 5, 2020

Wonderful course that allowed me to add important knowledge to my resume. I’m happy to learn the basics and feel empowered to continue learning about project management in depth.

By Tiia N

Nov 4, 2020

A brilliant course! Very clear and well structured learning path. Great humor and examples from real life from a true expert. Pleasant way to learn project management. Thank you!

By Raúl E R

Jun 29, 2020

Very good course and easy to understand with good examples and very understandable material.

I recommend this course to whomever wants to get involved in Project Management stuff.

By Aaron A

Aug 30, 2018

Very well paced, easy to digest for people looking to make a career change. I've already referenced this course in many interviews. Fundamentals and terminology are huge helpers.

By Lina M T N

Oct 4, 2016

Da muchas herramientas básicas para los que apenas están comenzando a incursionar en el mundo de la gerencia de proyectos. Sirve como repaso para quienes ya tienen los conceptos.

By Joshua R

Oct 17, 2015

Great introductory course for PM. While it was a good review in some areas, I felt I learned a lot of new concepts each lesson. Relatively quick class but with great application.

By Maram A A

Oct 1, 2020

the course is really interesting and the instructor is wonderful, I think everyone needs these skills especially the last module because it is talking about dealing with people

By Eman M H

Jul 24, 2020

I think it was a great experience for me , for one how have no background about any thing on this field, so i learned too much, and i want to know more about project management.

By Ammar Z

Jun 6, 2020

A great way to learn about the basics of Project Management, with an incredible emphasis laid on the human part of the equation followed by an good introduction to MS projects.

By Jo A A

Aug 30, 2019

I really enjoyed this course as it reinforced the knowledge I have about Project Management. Furthermore, the videos are very helpful for me to easily understand the principles.

By Mario J R M

Mar 30, 2017

Project Management: The Basics for Success

Congratulations on the platform

Congratulations on the administrative order of the course

Congratulations on the Success of the Course

By karl l

Sep 5, 2015

I have studied this course for a mouth , and understanded some concept what is important.It is a prefect course ,you can learn many things about project,what ever I do it .

By Hien N N

Mar 15, 2020

Great! I've ever learned a lot about techniques or concepts related to Project Management, but now this course will help me to increase them and improve the effectiveness!!!

By Ibrahim H O

Jun 12, 2020

it was an interesting course, and i enjoyed every moment of learning, with my knowledge so far i will be able to contribute in the aspect area when involved in a project.

By Phillip C W

Aug 31, 2015

Solid course for anyone involved in long term projects that require a lot of planning. Particularly useful for those of us who just need the skills and not a certificate.

By Lana C B

Aug 28, 2020

Excellent material and presentation. Easy to understand and well articulated by the presenter. Exams were well structured and covered all material taught. - L.BLACKMAN

By Fionn C

May 27, 2017

A really well-taught and interesting course. I would really recommend it for anyone who is interested in seeing how groups can best work together and achieve big things.

By Ashok K

Oct 5, 2018

Very good course. Learning project management from an experienced project manager. Thanks to the whole team and UC Irvine from making this course available on Coursera.

By David W

Dec 25, 2017

This course summarizes all the key elements of project management together some management skills. The presentation is clear and easy to understand. I like this course.

By Roger B

Apr 8, 2019

Great for review the basics or learn if you are new.

Great way of teaching with lots of examples along the way.

Simple and easy to understand. The course and the teacher

By Nakia O

Oct 14, 2020

The course was extremely informative. I loved the articles and videos. I will definitely retain the information and be able to implement what I learned in the future.

By Marcellin N

Nov 25, 2016

This is a really interesting courses to get into project management.

It is the perfect step 1 to those who wish to get step 10 one day.

Thank you for this opportunity.

By Kirsten K J

Feb 24, 2018

This course is great for learning some basics in team management. After having completed this course, I am more likely to take a more in depth course on management.

By José W d L M

Oct 6, 2016

Curso ótimo para dar um norte a quem nunca teve contato com o gerenciamento de projetos. Apresenta todos os requisitos básicos, e mostra o que deve ser aprofundado.