Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

AM

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

JG

Mar 28, 2018

Very informative and interesting. Lots of useful tools. What I liked in this course was that there were lots of examples given on how to act when something does not go as planned or if issues arrise.

176 - 200 of 1,263 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

By Anar N

Apr 08, 2020

One more great course from University of California, Irvine that will help you to understand difficult things in easy way.

By Diwakar R

Dec 18, 2019

Instructor has great knowledge on the topic and content is curated well enough to keep you engaged through out the course.

By Adam Q

Nov 02, 2018

Great course. Really enjoyed the simple instruction and guidance to explain the foundations of project management clearly.

By Nicole G

Oct 28, 2015

I enjoyed this course, it has given me a new outlook on how to plan out a project by breaking it down into smaller tasks.

By Maria A R

I love being able to study and retake quizzes if needed. Repetition works best for me and sthis course was great for me!

By Shashank S

May 13, 2020

Worth spending each and every second of this course. Thanks to Prof. Rob Stone, UCI & Coursera for such quality content.

By Manish C

Comprehensive coverage of key project management topics, presented in an easy to follow and accessible style. Thanks!!

By Huber d J C H

Apr 20, 2019

excelente curso, aprendí mucho sobre como se debe dirigir y establecer comunicación con los integrantes de un proyecto

By Eric F

Aug 24, 2017

Informative intro to project management, with an instructor who did a good job of explaining things in layman's terms.

By Fernando O G

Mar 12, 2016

Excellent course, some things went strengthening as it only had some practical skills and theory is now clearer to me.

By Nuria F F

Jan 10, 2016

Highly valuable.

I had none knowledge about the topic and it was quite helpful to understand and apply later to my job.

By Giovanna C

Sep 14, 2019

excellent course. I strongly recommend this course to people that want to start to learn about the project management

By JR

Jun 07, 2019

This course is awesome! This is a must for anyone looking to grasp the fundamentals of project management. Thank you!

By Adam R

Aug 28, 2017

Great class! Super helpful in terms of managing projects at work, and i'll 100% use this knowledge in my day-to-day.

By Pablo G

Nov 02, 2016

I loved the course and the professor's didacticism! I hope more courses like this and more specific courses arise! :)

By PANKAJ Y

Apr 19, 2020

It is an great learning, one can understand the Project Management basics in simplest possible way. Happy learning..

By Wouter N

Apr 16, 2020

Great way of learining! Learned the basics for project management and it gives me a great insight in how this works.

By Helen M

Aug 19, 2015

Provide the tools and knowledge to manage a project in a clear concise manner that was easy to follow and implement

By Uchechukwu B

Aug 01, 2019

I'm impressed. I never believed I could learn online appropriately. Had a wonderful time studying online. Thanks.

By Gina-Anne C

Jan 03, 2018

Basic introductory overview of Project Management. Great for complete novices who are just getting their feet wet

By Adeline L W

May 23, 2020

It is a great course for me, it gave me a very wide knowledge to be a great project manager or a leader. Thanks.

By alfred a

loved this course! it was very informative and the quizzes were helpful to summarize the material of the course.

By Edwin L

Nov 11, 2016

Great beginning, I like the pace of the course. 4 weeks good time to start. Nice explanation, brief and concise.

By Alicia P

Mar 26, 2020

This was a bit challenging which I truly liked. Very informative. Going and try and apply these methods at work

By Jeremy C

Feb 08, 2016

Great course!! Very informative and easy to navigate. I learned more than i thought i would taking this course.